[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Using $200k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: money3.jpg (220KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
money3.jpg
220KB, 1200x798px
currently living with parents

but in the next 2 years I'm going to be inheriting $200k

I want to use that money somehow to make a good living.
as long as it earns me a wage ( $40k + )
it could be pretty much anything (business or idk)

in the mean time, I'm going to use the next couple years
to hardcore research whatever I end up deciding on

what should I do with the money / time?
>>
Im sure shitposters on a tibetian fishing board will have many legit 20%+ ROI ideas for you.
Keep refreshing!
>>
>>1575565
I wouldn't need to be making that straight away, could be a couple years down the line
sounds like you have no creativity
>>
>>1575553
ideally you want to hire an financial planner to assist in long term plans. 200k isn't enough to live off of.

What most people would do is invest the 200k and continue to work for a living, knowing that they made a significant jump in their future investments and be able to retire even sooner, like in their 40s or 50s, depending on your job prospects.

If you want to look at it this way, you should work when you are young and in good health enough to do so.
>>
i have an idea, find your self a job that pays 40,000 a year, and invest your money in the stock market...

The only place you will see 20% safe returns on an investment is one that helps you sell your time.

Subway, 7-11 are in your price range.
>>
Leverage it out to get a handful of rental properties. Then when you retire, they will be paid off and can help with your expenses.
>>
>https://i.warosu.org/biz/thread/1547398#p1548596

Trust my wisdom, my wisdom is timeless

Instead of being a cuck and using 200k on whatever

Get a mortgage and use the money for a downpayment on nice 10% p.a. apartments

You can have like 1 million dollars worth of property in 10 years.

Or get paid your petty 40k a year and have the property paid for in 30 years.

Don't put it in a fucking business tho, you are an idiot that will put out fire with more cash (sunken cost fallacy)... put this money under your pillow, and start shoe-string business.

Trust me.
>>
>>1576093
OP here, on my phone

ok, well the house my mum and I live in is worth $900k - $1m
since shes going to be inheriting 5-6 million worth of property, as well as her mums house, i might be given control of our current house.

im assuming i should just rent that out right?
>>
>>1577164
Depends on the returns... if you have to rent it out for 4k and make 5% p.a. return on it, it would make much more sense to just sell it and turn the cash into apartments or another mortgage on apartments with a solid return (high risk/5mill in 10 years).

On the other hand, especially as a newbie you can easily run into issues with solvency if your apartments will for whatever reason have low occupancy rate.

Having spare 4k/month fund could save you a lot of trouble.

So it is really up to you how much risk you want to put yourself in, considering your position.

Keep in mind that using the inherited money "to make a good living" is just shooting yourself in the leg. You need to invest it and continue working a job or start anything that does not require much more than 20k+ in capex and has a strong earning potential.
>>
id buy apartments with loan and use rentcucks to pay it off for me
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.