[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best online trading platforms? (AUSTRALIA)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Ausbros,

I'm thinking about setting up a trading account with only $1,000 in capital and see how far I can get it. The problem is: I don't know what platform to go with.

What is the best trading platform in your opinion? Any suggestions?
>>
openmarkets web version is probably your best bet.
$1000 isnt really enough though. Brokerage fees alone will kill you
>>
>>1575397
>trading account with only $1,000
Dont.

The brokerage fees alone will kill any and all profits you could possibly make

If you want to earn about trading stocks, paper trade
>>
you don't need the best trading platform.

all you need is price history, any upcoming catalysts, and real time ask and bid.

for most people, the rest is just a bunch of noise.

you can start with $1000, but you're not going to be able to hop in and out as easily. if you put $1000 on a stock with a $10 commission, you'll need a 2% gain in order to break even on a roundtrip, and that's not including taxes or anything.
>>
CMC charges $11 per trade
>>
>>1575397
Don't bother with 1k unless you have a time machine, and if you have a time machine just go back into the past with your 1k in cash money ad inifinitum.
>>
commsec has 10 free trades when you sign up.

buy 5 different industries for 200$ each @ 0.01 or 0.001

>you till be a millionaire tomorrow
>>
>>1575491
ASX $500 minimum order size
>>
File: SC Numberbars.png (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SC Numberbars.png
111KB, 1920x1080px
Are there any US equities platforms that will show you unfiltered volume at the bid and at the offer like pic related.?
>>
>>1575483
That would take too long. Just find the powerball numbers for the time period and win it a few times.
>>
>>1575491
I already have a CommSec trading account with over $700K in it and I get raped with fees. I'm just bored with trading ATM so I want a really low-fee platform so I can experiment with some strategies I've developed.
>>
>>1575397
>$1,000 in capital

With only $1k to invest, you should only be thinking of buying 1 stock and holding long term, preferably something safe that pays a dividend, and in that case it doesn't matter what platform you use.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.