[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sales Thread please help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: pepefunny.png (73KB, 536x458px) Image search: [Google]
pepefunny.png
73KB, 536x458px
Hey biz

Not a normal poster here but I need your help. I work for a great tech company with a great product. I'm an SDR, completely new to sales. Never thought I'd end up here but I love this company and the opportunity, we're growing.

It's an artificial intelligence assistant that basically communicates with all inbound leads and only hands them off to the sales team when the lead indicates they are very interested and/or ready to buy. This way sales guys can just focus on selling instead of calling all leads and finding out their status.

It's complementary to marketing automation. MA moreso pushes info out to leads, and guesses whether or not they're a good lead, whereas our product actually communicates with every single lead and gets a definitive answer. It's more precise than MA in this regard and pulls those leads back towards you.

Here's the kicker, I'm barely afloat. I'm bad at prospecting and emailing people, my LinkedIn is shit. I need to get more companies set up for demos. I'm not even actually selling shit just selling a meeting and I can barely do that. I did okay last month but this month I haven't gotten a single person on the phone to agree to a demo, only ones I've got have been people through the website already interested.

WTF do I do? I get great advice at work, I "know" what to do, I'm just not used to it, and often get demoralized because I suck.

Normally we try to go after companies with 300-400 inbound leads per month, who have difficulty keeping up with the traffic. If a business is way smaller than this it probs doesn't make sense for them to buy our product.

Do you have any advice or tips? Any of you in Marketing or Sales and would agree to a demo? I really need advice and help
>>
>>1574761

Why wouldn't anyone want to demo this?
>>
>>1574763

fucking beats me. My guess is they get a lot of calls for bullshit products all day and they just assume mine also sucks. It's funny, we are literally the only company in existence that has this kind of product. Every company that has bought our software has said they can't live without it anymore and they all make way more money than previously.

They usually try to deflect by saying "we have people in house who do that" or "we already have that technology" (they don't) or "we have [insert marketing automation software here]". And even when I counter their objections they still say they aren't interested.

IMO the only legitimate reason for a company not to go on a demo is if they are too small. If someone's only getting a handful of leads per month they have no use spending $2,000 per month on an AI software. But for some of the bigger companies it's an absolute steal, especially considering that Marketo can bill large companies well over $20k per month.

We just got a ton of funding (Series B) and are about to get a ton more very soon if we keep this up. I'm so new to sales but I want to succeed with this company for as long as I can because it's a fucking goldmine. I just suck balls at cold-calling random businesspeople I guess.

I've had moderate success. Co-workers say I sound great on the phone, my previous month was "pretty good for a new guy", but now I'm doing even worse than last month.
>>
>>1574786

I see. You and a team of people cold call to sell this product. It's not actually yours per-say?
>>
Didn't Salesforce just launch a CRM AI assistant?
>>
>>1574827

you're thinking of Salesforce's Einstein.

Einstein is great for analytics, and drawing conclusions from big data. However, Einstein is not independently emailing and communicating with leads to determine whether or not they are interested.

>>1574789

That is correct. I work for a tech company. I am a Sales Development Representative. It's my job to set meetings and demos between the lead and the Account Executive, then if they qualify (i.e. want to continue with buying process or don't say no), I get commission.

I'm kind of smart but I'm winging it, trying to pick up a lot of sales terminology I didn't even know about before.
>>
>>1574827

Another way to think of Einstein is kind of like Siri but for sales dashboards and the date therein. Einstein is not communicating with leads as if it were a person.

Our AI has been in use for 8 years. It has a near perfect grasp of human text conversations (within the context of sales). When it emails someone, they assume it is a person emailing them and not a robot. We often have people email us and say they don't want a full demo, they just want to see the AI in action. Then we tell them the person they've been emailing back and forth for a week is the AI.
>>
>>1574761
Have you read classic high-end sales books like SPIN Selling by Rackham? That one helped me a lot in selling a moderately priced service ($8k-$30k)
>>
>>1574873

never heard of it.

I've been wanting to brush up on things like that, also have debated reading Art of the Deal lol
>>
>>1574936
Oh fuck. OK. Yeah, Art of the Deal is not going to help that much.

You have a complex sale on your hands and an expensive service. It's vastly different from selling a cell phone case at a kiosk in the mall. E.g., high pressure bullshit doesn't work when you're selling shit that costs thousands, tens of thousands, etc. And that's proven through the research.

SPIN Selling is an easy read. Totally changed my approach to sales. I own a local high-end service company and it transformed how I approach the whole process. I recommend it to everyone who's selling software, IT, high-price stuff.
>>
>>1574977
And just to be clear, I was on the verge of bankruptcy before I read SPIN Selling and The Challenger Sale. Sold hundreds of thousands afterward. A bit of knowledge goes a long fucking way.
>>
>>1574977
>>1574980

Thanks for the advice man. We are actually currently reading the challenger sale, it's pretty good.

I guess I can read and internalize all of that, but most people don't want me on the phone anyway so I can freeze up and forget to ask those questions. I just kind of get the pitch out then see if they want a demo.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.