[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Estimating Salary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: empty-wallet.jpg (44KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
empty-wallet.jpg
44KB, 600x375px
Hi /biz/,

I live in the UK, I'm 25yo and have spent 7 of those years working for an independent nightclub.

I've managed to "move up" with in the company to a front of house cashier position within the last 4 years however my pay has only increased about £2 per hour and mostly due to legality (minimum wage). I'm currently boasting a whopping £7.70 an hour.

My Responsibilities include:

-Security of Ticket Office (safe room, keep it locked etc)
-Count money in safe (2 -8k)
-Handle change transactions for other tills
-Sort out any on the night payments (DJ's, Money for staff wages),
-Correctly invoice for said payments
-Ensure customer entrance is managed effeciently, politely and accurately (including staffing)
-Ensure ticket lists for ticketed events are up to date
-Assist in cashing up other tills in the club
-Investigate discrepancies on said tills and pass on information
-Input bar figures, door figures, staff hours for the week into excel
-Train other cashiers
-Provide support to all staff in cash related matters
-Amend existing procedures and write new procedures as necessary
-Assist the Bar manager in amending the staffing rota.

I think that a pay rise is due, and or being permanent staff.

How much money would you want to do this job. Working between 20 - 30 hours a week
>>
Time to leave m8? You would earn more working admin at the council.

For the work you do, I would ask for £9-£10 an hour.
>>
>>1573998
Thanks anon. It might come to that, it would be a real shame as its a lovely working enviroment even for a night club
>>
£8.20/50

Just a hunch, but for you to have all those managerial-esq responsibilities on that kind of money, your boss has learnt to squeeze you for lame pay as you have had little history of pushing for a raise.

It may be a case where you have to imply not getting a raise will regretfully force you to look elsewhere for work, then they might budge.

Although everything I said could be irrelevant because I've never worked in the nightclub industry. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if all nightclub owners were cunts who always pay their staff shit
>>
>>1574007
Thanks anon. Yeah its an odd role honestly. The managerial-esk responsibilities are being put under a "support the manager" delegation type thing.There's a bar around the corner from me where they are paid £9 per hour just for barwork, and its quite upsetting.
>>
>>1574015
Maybe you should drop your CV in there and if you land an interview/get a placement then you can use it as leverage when you ask for a raise, if there's resistance just jump ship
>>
>>1574031
Thats not a bad idea, very safe. Honestly not a fan of the venue however I might just apply the same logic some other jobs.
>>
>>1573979
Hey, mind if I ask, where do you live?
>>
>>1573979
Rule number uno if you are negociating is to have another offer. So if they refuse to pay you more, you can always make them understand that you are ready to quit. And if that doesn't make them change their minds, you can always quit and have a job waiting for you. Imagine if you'd say "if you don't raise me, i'll quit" and that tehy tell you subsequently to fuck off, you are in a very bad position if you choose to stay.
>>
>>1574580
>Rule number uno if you are negociating is to have another offer.
This. Also finding a new job every few years is statistically better for your bank account.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.