[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to get some clothes manufactured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fashion.jpg (419KB, 1232x954px) Image search: [Google]
fashion.jpg
419KB, 1232x954px
How do I get in contact with domestic / overseas manufacturers? Any experience with this? Minimum orders? Recommendations?

My goal is to get a run of 5-10 (still working on generating interest) pairs of pants made using a pattern I've designed. Budget is pretty low right now but I will sell the finished pieces for a very high margin.
>>
>>1573495
I doubt you can get low amounts like 5-10 manufactured. Try 100 at the least. Remember that the manufacturers optimize their profits by letting the machines run uninterrupted for a longer period.
>>
>>1573507
hmm yeah you're definitely right, looks like I'll be making these by hand or paying someone to make them by hand locally. But I do plan on growing, as quickly as I feasibly can, so I'll leave this thread up because maybe someone has experience with this kind of thing and can offer some advice.
>>
You would probably honestly be better off hiring somebody in your home country than trying to negotiate with overseas sweatshop kings who will rip you off every which way.
>>
>>1573539
after doing a bit of digging I agree. I have no influence or brand awareness right now so I would just get fucked around left right and centre. I'm gonna try and keep it all domestic until I actually start making something out of this.
>>
>>1573495
In China usually the minimums for pants 500 - 1000 pcs. The prices will vary from $3 to as high as you want the quality to be.

If you want to make 5-10 pcs of pants, you have an easier time finding a local seamstress and giving her the work. One pair will probably cost you around 50-60USD if you're using good quality materials, that's including work.
>>
>>1573539
This. With such a limited run you could just do it with milliners/tailors/etc.in your own country and market the clothing as "proudly made in [your country]".
>>
>>1573495

i know of a guy who did this for dress shoes - he had them made in spain or mexico. his garage is now filled with boxes of dress shoes.
>>
>>1573849
Yeah, I think realistically you'd end up sitting in a flea market stall trying to get pennies on the dollar for clothes.
>>
>>1573849
>>1574219
Well desu the market I am trying to tap is 16-20 year old instagram/soundcloud/twitter heads who are all about 'youth culture'. In those circles finding a niche brand and 'putting them on' is a really common trend. I plan on doing a very limited run of interesting garments for a reasonable, but higher end price. I have contacts irl and online in these kinds of networks and I intend to present my first 'drop' in a brick and mortar traditional art gallery format with an online release happening the following week. I am doing this as a labor of love, I like clothes and I like making designs and patterns, might as well do some stuff. If I don't sell any of it my friends are gonna be looking really fly regardless and I can currently 'afford' (I just don't actually care anymore about losing money, I just want to produce a product of some sort in my lifetime) to take a loss on this.
>>
>>1575077
Depend on exactly which product you sell it may be harder since half of these ecommerces and businesses sell the same exact thing with a logo as the only difference. I also wanna point out of experience that shipping from china will most likely cost the exact same thing that you spend depend on retailer and location of the product.
>>
>>1575091
Yeah I hate that template of releasing like 3 graphic Ts, a few long sleeves, a hoodie and a dad hat. I am definitely trying to be a bit higher-brow than that, not that I won't have those items, but it will certainly not be fuccboi-bigcartel-tier shit.
>>
Small budget...
use fashion students...

Yes you will pay more for initial cost, but this allows you to test the water.
Sizing is an issue as well, so consider that.
For a higher upfront premium, you are able to create demand... or at least test the waters. Which when at a high level of demand,(for a small venture 100+ units) outsource production . Repeat method.. watch profit accumulate
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.