[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOAT Jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1468665161781.jpg (401KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1468665161781.jpg
401KB, 1000x1500px
ITT: post top-tier jobs

Criteria: Difficulty to get into - Compensation relative to skills/responsibility/effort

>Waiter
Very easy to get hired, requires no skills or experience and is an easy job with no responsibilities that yields above average pay

>Sales(any kind but ideally higher end)
Easy to get once again but requires ability to sell(duh). Above average compensation and can be extraordinary if you are good. Also one of the few jobs where you control your own destiny and your results directly influence your pay.
>>
File: 1446921838803.jpg (71KB, 463x633px) Image search: [Google]
1446921838803.jpg
71KB, 463x633px
>>1572525
> apartment building porter
the ONLY way to get into a job like this if somebody inside pulls you in. thats how i got in. a guy who does it where i live pulled me into the company and now i do the same thing at another place (they own multiple buildings). once i get in the union i'm suppose to make 21$ a hour and union benefits. very chill job. sweep and mop floors, take out garbage, clean out empty apartments, etc house keeping. also the boss is cool too. unlike other places where the boss is a POS.

>NYC sanitation worker
you have to take a test that comes out every 8yrs or so and you have to score REALLY REALLY high. bonus points if you were military. i took the last test during the beginning of this year and my list number as around 47,000 out of a 85,000 person list. sanitation only hires around 500 people a year so waiting time is a really long time for those at the bottom. any city jobs means set for life. early retirement, pension, union, crazy overtime, various shifts.
>>
>>1572525
Career Waiter here, let me add more details.
Tier 1: Diner Waitress
You'll make minimum wage and like 10 dollars an hour max in tips. Shit's also completely soul crushing so I wouldn't recommend.

Tier 2: Chain Waiter
You're probably working at some place like applebees, meals are intentionally low priced, the server isn't expected to do much, and the alcohol on tap if there is any is low priced so there isn't much room for great tips.
You'll definitely make more than a diner waitress and depending on how the place you work at is managed you can clear over 100 dollars in a night of work but honestly you're not going to be making the kind of money you want. I've seen people get stuck in this tier for years and it's sad, still it can be used as a stepping stone to a better place.

Tier 3: Nicer Chain Waiter/Trattoria
Shit like Cheesecake Factory and Carrabba's fall into this tier. Meals in this tier by default start to head over that 100 dollar price range and the tips you can expect from people start to get better.

100-200 dollars a night is assumed, nicer nights can be better and you can exceed 500 dollars a night in the right place. In my opinion working at a smaller family establish that's popular among locals will net you more cash than a nicer chain will, I used to work at an Italian place when I was 18 and I was consistently averaging 300 dollars on busy nights every week.

Wine knowledge starts to be come somewhat relevant in this tier but it's not gonna be the deciding factor on you getting a job or not.
>>
>>1572584

Tier 4: Fine Dining

You actually won't make that much more money than Tier 3 if you even do better, the beauty of the third tier is that many trattoria's and other small but busy/high priced establishes is that they don't understand how to manage work and peoples schedules. At a trattoria I used to work at I would wait 10 table at once because my manager was gonna be fucked if he had to get someone else to work that night.

Still in that third tier it's more work to manage that much shit to make that much money, in this tier you'll do less work and receive similar compensation but the skill set you need to be a waiter at this kind of establishment requires a lot of actual effort and energy.

Mostly comes down to wine knowledge

Tier 5: You've Made it Bruv

Pretty much reserved for the best dining places in your state and Michelin starred restarants. You're an expert in whatever alcohol is being served at the establishment, you could be considered a master sommelier, you've had every single item on the menu to eat and are an expert at serving.

Tips are absurdly huge, People aren't going to eat at places like this by themselves are with just a few folks, places like these are experiences and people will roll out with large posses ordering prix fixe meals that cost 400 dollars and bills that exceed a certain price have fixed gratuity cost already built in as high as 25%. You will probably have to split tips with other people at busier places but the places that are truly exclusive and require reservations in advance? These places pretty much just let you pocket your full tips.

Jobs are hard to come by because anyone who's at this skill level doesn't quit, waiting is their full time pursuit and since jobs at places like these are rare, no one does anything that can get them fired(to work at places like these you need to have an immpecable waiting history).
>>
File: 1471194216203.gif (3MB, 800x352px) Image search: [Google]
1471194216203.gif
3MB, 800x352px
>top-tier jobs
>waiter
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>1572595
How is it not?

It's easy and you get paid more than many physically/mentally more demanding jobs.

>>1572574
>>1572584
>>1572587
Good contributions fellas!
>>
>>1572606
Being a server is one of the worst paying jobs for the stress level. Then tax season rolls around and you're fucked. Yes there are some good areas or high paying restaurants, but the majority of it is shit work for shit pay.
>>
Owner

I win.
>>
>>1572631
This
>>
>>1572745
>>1572752
That's not very goat.

>Massive responsibility
>Can suffer serious financial loss
>Has to make big decisions
>90% of businesses fail quickly
>First few years rarely profitable
>>
>>1572525
high school teacher (not the US)

needs three years subject specific bachelor's plus one year education diploma. start on 50k, go up to 80k (public payscale like regular govt. employees), easily clear 100k as a deputy principal.

2 months forced paid holiday on top of sick days + 4 weeks paid holiday days (thanks NZ labour laws). all you have to do is babysit a bunch of teenage fucks.

if you teach in a high achieving metropolitan school it can get pretty intense, but life is cruisy in other areas
>>
>waiter
>20/hr sanitation worker
>HS Teacher

WTFF

/biz/ is a fkn meme. GOAT does not mean average. Im 22 with only a HS diploma and work as a Network Manager making 6 figs untaxed. Next GOAT job I'm gonna hear is bull semen collector cuz free semen.
>>
>>1573306

Btw i dnt do fkn shit on the job. I got the job with only a HS diploma but working towards masters due do the amount of free time I have.
>>
>>1573306
>>1573307
Why don't you talk about it further then mister faggot?

We're not saying we know everything, this isn't a statement of fact it's a discission.
>>
>>1573306
teacher reporting in

>not working a comfy middle to moderately high income job while also building a portfolio on the side

I have friends in finance and big four auditing, and let me tell you, the pay is not worth the hours they work
>>
>>1573318
This.

The point of thread was jobs with ease to work/get into.

Investment banking is greater money but insanely competitive, stressful and difficult to stay in.
>>
>>1573318
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>moderately high income
>teacher

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
File: sex fegures.jpg (174KB, 800x410px) Image search: [Google]
sex fegures.jpg
174KB, 800x410px
>>1573306
I make six figures without working.
get on my level.
>>
>>1573325
see above note of non US. teachers are pretty well remunerated in my country considering our contracted hours are just 25 per week.
>>
>>1573325
can you leave this thread?

This isnt /b/ or /r9k/ we're trying to actually discuss real life shit here.

Yeah yeah we know you're a portfolio manager of a hedgefund but if you don't have anything constructive to say or refute a post then kindly fuck off
>>
>>1572587
Waiting is dead end after tier 3 unless you are the most charismatic person alive. Tier 4 is only for those not quick enough for bartending

I'm a career bartender who also gets paid as an hourly manager because I work so hard. I make 46K a year.
>>
>>1572631
Tax season isn't bad if you know how to work the restaurant industry. You need to work in a restaurant that will allow you to assume an hourly position as well as other shifts working in a tipped position.

Before I became a bar manager, I waited and hosted at every restaurant I worked at. The most bro tier restaurant I worked at would have me make 10/hr hosting m-th and then I'd make 25/hr serving fri-sun
>>
>>1573306
waiter from before m8

>make more than a 1000 bucks a week
>work 20 hours a week
>get free lunch and dinner at an upscale establishment
>given unlimited time and funds to work on schemes outside of work.

It's honestly a great job compared to 90% of lower level jobs, especially if you still live with parents and have health insurance through them and have aspirations of creating a business.
>>
>>1573327
oh my bad then. I'm used to US teachers and they don't even come close to "moderately high income"

>>1573329
bro calm down you know it's laughable to say teachers have moderately high income. that's insane.
>>
>>1572631
Wtf is there to be stressed about? Its steaks not neurosurgery. Easy money. I make over 40k a year working less than 40hrs. There are drawbacks like bad hours and no benefits but the work/reward ratio is better than any other entry level gig
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.