[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is lower taxes the only reason for outsourcing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: dPQ8E4Z.jpg (54KB, 734x610px) Image search: [Google]
dPQ8E4Z.jpg
54KB, 734x610px
Is lower taxes the only reason for outsourcing?
>>
>>1572455

Not at all. China has a 25% corporate tax, 17% VAT and faces tariffs on its exports.
That's roughly the same as the US 35% corporate tax, without any VAT or tariffs.

The sole reason are lower wages and more manufacturing infrastructure.
>>
>>1572455
I spent 6 months looking for a graphic designer. I looked through the portfolios of at least 100 applicants and even brought in a few. Some were recent college graduates, some were stay-at-home freelancers, and others merely had some vague background in art and/or graphic design and felt they would be qualified for the job.

The one thing they all had in common was they were incompetent retards that simply didn't "get it" when it came to the type of work I was looking for.

I shit you not, I hopped on 99designs and put out an offer. The first applicant was some dude from Cambodia who barely knew English but it was instantly obvious that this guy knew his shit. He blew every single project completely out of the water and just simply understood contemporary graphic design and how it's used in the modern realm of internet businesses.

This leads me to conclude that the domestic workforce is mostly just retards which is why people are outsourcing. I would love to have some guy working in my office who I can collaborate with in real time but it simply can't be done. So I pay someone from Cambodia to do the work. It's cheaper and they do a better job.
>>
>>1572479
Nobody said anything about companies relocating. I'm talking about outsourcing jobs, manufacturing, etc. Why do companies hire Pajeets to manage their data and Ching Chong to make their iPhones? .
>>
>>1572487

Ah.
Wages.
Booth India and China have taxes not far below the US's.
>>
>>1572487
Theyre cheap and companies dont have to deal with employee benefits and all the other legal shit here
>>
>>1572455
most of the value is in having your vendors assume all risk and liability for pretty much everything. They also eat the tooling and startup costs, and often the R&D costs as well.
>>
>>1572487
Because people who make the decision to outsource are completely insulated from the consequences of doing so. They won't lose _their_ jobs, they won't have to use the software/product, they don't have to deal with technical/customer support issues, etc.

When we get shit software at work that does something like add 2 and 2 to get 5 or takes an hour to start up each morning, it does matter that Pajeet did this and Pajeet won't/can'tfix that, it's "make it work or you're fired" and they wash their hands of it.
>>
>>1572598
>it does matter
I mean "it doesn't matter." They just scream and yell at the in-house staff and expect it to magically produce the results that they want.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.