[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I make 50k a year in the state of Florida. I have a wife and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: 1466236767086.png (124KB, 616x725px)
1466236767086.png
124KB, 616x725px
I make 50k a year in the state of Florida. I have a wife and plan to have kids in the next few years.

Can I afford a $200,000 house?
>>
>>1570788
Short answer: No

Long answer: Fuck, no
>>
>>1570792
Seriously? Even the shittiest of houses here are about that much.

Even if I put down 20 grand at first?
>>
>make 50k a year
>can only afford a 10% of 200k house

if you and your cunt of a wife are making at least 75k a year, then all you have to is grow some balls and save for like 4 years and you can buy a 200k one with cash
>>
General rule of thumb is that you do four times your income, so a 200k house would put you right at 200k

Can you afford a ~$600/month payment
>>
>>1570788

Do you have $200,000 in cash?

If not, then no.
>>
>>1570808

>2016
>taking out a loan
>paying interest
>>
>>1570808
I pay 820 rent at my current apartment and end up saving at least 2 grand extra every month.
>>
Where did this "buy a house with straight cash" meme come from?
>>
>>1570811

Uh yeah?
That's how you usually buy a house.
Also interest rates are now on the lowest level they can get.
>>
>>1570788
yeah.
your payment will be around a thousand a month. no big deal.
>>
>>1570788
>what is a mortgage?
>>
>>1570828
So basically just mortgage+utilities? Also property tax...
>>
>>1570788
Does she have an income, or is capable of having some income?
Women usually make a decent living through pyramid sche.. erm,multi-level-marketing sales.
>>
>>1570816
billionaire jews thinking everyone else is rich like them
>>
>>1570851
She works at a hotel making about 17k a year. I make 50k doing pest control for the family business.

I didn't include that because by the time we have kids I'll have her leave her job to look after them
>>
>>1570853

Even then it's stupid to buy a house with straight cash.
Rather take a loan and buy a house that's a much better investment and will definitely rise in value over time and rather pay interest rates and have your cash lying around generating passive income
>>
you're going to need to have 20% of the total cost of the building to put up as a down payment

do you have $40,000 on hand?
>>
>>1570808
>live in city
>studio apartment is $400k
fml
>>
File: 1467251800258.jpg (113KB, 414x508px) Image search: [Google]
1467251800258.jpg
113KB, 414x508px
>>1570915
>tfw boomers bought their houses for 50k and are worth millions today
>always some pointless job like consulting that they just got since jobs used to be handed out like candy if you had connections
>>
>>1570913
You don't need that much for a down payment.
>>
>>1570857

NEPITISM

>>1570857

NEPITISM

>>1570857

NEPITISM

>>1570857

NEPITISM

>>1570857

NEPITISM
>>
>>1570948
I'd be a fool to not want to be part of the family business. Especially considering I'll own it one day.
>>
>>1570788
Literally same here but no kids, I make like 50k she makes like 35k

How do we buy a house
>>
>>1570808
Not op... We can afford 1k a month

Literally no debt besides student loans

What would you need down for 200k

20k/10%?
>>
>>1570965

First you're going to need to buy a brain. Then you may figure out how to buy a house.
>>
>>1570973
Why you gotta be so rude
>>
>>1570975
seriously, how do you make 50k but you don't know how to buy a fucking house?

how do you not know how to math? what the fuck do you possibly do that is valuable enough for someone to pay you 50k/year when you're this fucking stupid?
>>
>>1570978
I'm 23 what do you want from me

I've never looked into this, I just rent apartments.
>>
>>1570978
Im a software developer (c++) but also a college dropout.

I only know so much, and never really bothered thinking about what I'm actually doing with my money in the long run.

>develops software for win/linux
>fucking retarded because I don't know how to buy a house

Well ok then
>>
>>1570988
>code monkey
yes. actually retarded. you think just because idiots like you get kicked out of /sci/ you can come here and make people believe being a code monkey is anything special? LOL
>>
>>1570995

>/sci/

More like /g/, LOL
>>
>>1570995
Literally never posted on /sci/, usually browse /k/.

Your ego is larger than duke nukems.

Never said it was special, you're the one that asked what I do for a living.

It must be harder for you to grasp though, since I make bank, and you're just hating.

I work 9-5 mf, get 4weeks pto a year plus a week of sick time, and I get paid to smoke weed any day a banks closed.

I've spent the last 6 years doing this, and my life is very comfy.

I work for a small company, that would literally case to exist if I backed away from the project.

But if calling me a "code monkey" makes you feel better for going down the wrong path in life that's fine.
>>
>>1570995

How did you get yer jerb as a software developer without le college?
>>
>>1570954

SPOILED BRAT NEPITISM THAT CAN'T FEND FOR HIMSELF

>>
>>1571016
I was homeschooled in high school (just high school)

And basically since I practically lived on a farm, I had no friends, my computer became my friend, and 5~years later got my first job after I dropped out of college. (Probably would have stayed if I didn't go to a papermill)

The key is you need to devote yourself to the field.

PERSONAL PROJECTS AKA GET A GIHUB / learn what git is for and how to use it

And fuck what the job listing says, apply.

It shows motivation, and honestly "self taught" looks better than "papermill college" on a resume.

But really I land most of my jobs in the interview when I go indept about reverse engineering a instant messaging protocol when in was 17. (Where's my trip to the white house clockboy).

Motivation and a crazy personal project will land you a nice job, then you use that job to get a better job.
>>
>>1570975

Well, I thought you were being sarcastic. But I read more, now I understand.

You should get in touch with a mortgage broker, they are offering really go rates now.

You'll find out what you are qualified for, at what percentage rate, and what you would need to put down.

You could go through a realtor as well, they'll connect you with a mortgage broker, but you can also start with a mortgage broker.

I'm sure your bank/Credit Union offers mortgages, you can start there.
>>
>>1571040

Low rates, not go rates.

You have any idea what your credit is like? Have you ever financed a car or had a loan?
>>
>>1570850
no, your mortgage, insurance and property tax will likely be around $1k/month on a 30 year loan assuming a low down payment and mortgage insurance+homeowners'.

your utilities aren't included in your house payment.
>>
>>1571047
depending on your down payment and tax rates your payment could be as much as $1600/month though.

there's some variables there I don't know. $1k is just the lowest it's likely to be.
>>
This is pretty simple to answer, OP.

Get a mortgage calculator and see what your total cost would be for the home per month.

Then compare that to what you would pay in rent for an equivalent place. If they are roughly equal or rent is higher, it would be great to buy.

If rent is significantly lower, like a few hundred or more, then continue to rent.
>>
Florida has the lowest insurance rates in the country.

You move but keep You home if You know what im saying.

S.africa and Ukraine is totally raping the system as we speak, act fact,
>>
>>1570807
>FUCKING KEK
What is autonomous consumption?
>>
>>1570796
Put down 40 grand
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.