[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting married is good for employment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

A rich old guy told me married people are better workers, because married people (especially blacks) are less likely to use drugs/alcohol instead of working if they have kids.

so should I use Russian Chinese, Colombian, or Filipina mail order brides?
>>
getting married is a meme, dont fall for it
>>
22 single with no kids here, can confirm degenerate alcoholic
>>
>>1570189

Married people are better workers because they look forward to coming to work to escape from home.
>>
>>1570189
>>1570207
It's true, the more vague reason is that they have their shit together, the precise reason is that they have a lot to lose if they fuck up or lose their job, losing your job is the #1 reason for divorce.
A single guy can just quit and start somewhere else, maybe travel the world for a year in between, thus he has a much lower threshold for the amount of abuse he will tolerate.
Also it kind of shows at least someone can stand you at least some part of their day and you're probably not gay.
>>
>>1570189
source on this image?
>>
>>1570189
I don't hire any bachelors. Married people make great workers because they're beta cucks and you can abuse them as much as you want and they will never quit, because if they do they will get divorced and lose their home. Furthermore, they spend much more time at the office because they dread coming home.
>>
>>1570231
Kek
>>
Ive heard managers say they like married employees because they are more desperate for getting a paycheck. They cant just up and quit. Also more likely to have a house which limits mobility even more.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
>>1570231
truth
>>
I honestly don't know how some people wake up some day and think "I'm going to sign a social and governmental contract with another woman, and if one of use decides to break the contract we each get 50% of my stuff". Honestly.
>>
Married men with a house, wife and kids to pay for are also more likely to be loyal and stick around even when being slightly screwed over, while a single guy can quite because he doesn't like the menu in the cafeteria.
>>
>>1570195
oh the horror, a 22 year old drinks alcohol
>>
>>1570189
just claim to be married.
>>
yeah it's definitely desperation for the paycheck, not drugs
>>
Sauce on these cock sockets
>>
>>1570207
thats kinda true for me

i'm married but i swear im enjoy going to work just cause i don't see her

its not like i hate her but its just i enjoy my own space?

i work alone mostly.
>>
>>1570189

It's true. When hiring, married people and especially people with kids will work harder and be more dedicated to the job since there are people depending on them.
>>
>>1570349
>another woman
>>
>>1570189
I'm just scared of getting married. Seems like an unhappy rut. But there is truth to a married person being more marketable.

But I inevitably feel as if I need to be married if I'm a woman.
>>
File: 342790.jpg (174KB, 600x696px) Image search: [Google]
342790.jpg
174KB, 600x696px
There is nothing wrong with aspiring to start a family.

In modern capitalist society, where it is in the individual's self interest to remain single their entire lives, starting a family aside from career is a massive and selfless undertaking which should be applauded and upheld as the ideal.
>>
>>1571107
>selfless
>cuts your bills in half, gets you huge tax deductions, lowers the threshold for government assistance and rebates

having a family is a great financial strategy so long as your spouse works and you don't ever get divorced.
>>
>>1571115
The tax rates on married filing separately is much higher than on singles you idiot.
>>
>>1571172
then why the fuck would you file separately?
hmm?
>>
File: DAMNDAMNDAMN.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
DAMNDAMNDAMN.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>Tfw girlfriend who has a daughter from her ex husband
Little shit eats me out of house and home. It's even worse when my gf's mom is a cock blocking cunt who refuses to watch her daughter despite her being okay with staying at home.
>>
>>1571208
Because the tax rate on filing jointly is even higher.
>>
>>1571226
>girlfriend who has a daughter from her ex husband
Is this bait? Or are you actually that much of a cuck?
>>
>>1571235
>the tax rate on filing jointly is even higher
because you make more money.

such a tragedy.

kids pretty much even that out though.
>>
>>1571208
Communal property laws are a fucking mess. I know a ton of married couples where one of them is stupidly in debt from a previous marriage, or some stupid shit in their youth, and filing together would potentially open them both up to collection attempts instead of just one of them declaring bankruptcy/ignoring the debts for years. For several others, they got married after long relationships because of things like insurance, or crazy parents/family. Marriage is by far the simplest way to prevent family from being able to control anything financial or medical if you become incapacitated, and there's no real benefit to filing jointly if you both are relatively equal earners.

I'm not married, but I myself have provisions in my living will that my father gets a single dollar upon my death if he's somehow still alive, and that I am to be appointed a guardian by the state if all other individuals renege or are dead. He isn't to be notified of anything until I'm dead and my estate is in probate. The dollar is just a stupid trick to make it absolutely clear that he gets nothing else from me should he ever try to contest anything by naming him and stipulating exactly what he gets. He's enough of a narcissist to try and fight it. If I were married, he'd be incapable of obtaining any control over me while my partner was alive and sound of mind.

It's been an ongoing regret that I didn't finish him off when he broke into my home. Legally it would have been simpler and cheaper to defend myself if I was arguing against a corpse in court instead of someone I crippled, and it would have made several other things since then a lot simpler, particularly my will. Oh well. Lesson learned. Save 50 grand and simply smash the skull in when a person breaks into your house through a second story window with a machete and a step ladder instead of deciding that they've had enough when you hear their spine snap.

Gotta love liberal states and their retarded self defense laws.
>>
>>1570222
That's why you don't marry a woman that automatically thinks you're the only breadwinner because you have a dick on your crotch.

Too many people marry shitty partners, and that's why all the bad couple shit happen so often.
>>
You could just buy a ring and say you're married.
>>
>>1571285
Not for any job that does any degree of background check.
>>
>>1571259
filing separate tax returns doesn't nullify community property laws.

>https://www.irs.gov/publications/p555/ar02.html#en_US_201502_publink1000168756

so your entire premise is false.

and while there are certain cases where THE IRS MAY TREAT COMMUNITY PROPERTY AS SEPARATE, that does not imply that A COURT ALSO WILL.

In most states once you marry any debts or property you had before the marriage remain your own and anything you borrow or earn afterwards becomes both of yours.

no matter how you file your taxes.
>>
>>1571259
personally I just paid a lawyer to go over this stuff with me when I married for the second time.

I had a child support obligation that was based on my income. I had an opportunity to buy a business, but I didn't want my ex-wife to benefit from the money I made with it.

it turns out child support in my state is based on MY income, not my wife's and not the household income. So I put the business in my wife's name and made her a millionaire. My ex-wife didn't see a dime of that money, and my kid still benefitted.

I thought I would need to file separate taxes, or maybe even get a divorce if the business took off. All I actually needed was ten minutes with an attorney.
>>
>>1571291
Filing separately when you are a business owner can make subpoenas much less of a clusterfuck. Lot of my friends and colleagues have quashed subpoenas based around the premise of asset commingling, and gotten the judge miffed at the opposition for harassing the spouse in the process.

You are right, it shouldn't be that way, but the harsh reality is that it doesn't matter what the legalities are. Court is a bunch of trained monkeys flinging shit at each other while feigning outrage over the other side's identical behavior. The law can, and does, get circumvented all the time because one side made a mistake and didn't respond correctly, or made the mistake of going in without adequate representation. Having something else in your toolbox to throw at someone and tell them to fuck off is generally beneficial, particularly if it doesn't actually cost you much.

It's not just civil suits either. If anything, the criminal side is worse. Prosecutors will pull any number of underhanded sleazeball moves if it gets them convictions, even if they know the person is innocent. In my case, the law was abundantly clear, but I had to fend off charges ranging from attempted murder down to domestic violence and being charged with breaking and entering my own fucking house. Wound up settling out of court over numerous civil rights violations that I won't go into because of NDAs, but I can say that I got a few things tossed for double jeopardy before that happened.

Believe me, the legalities mean fuck all when it actually goes to court. Even when you are right, you can get tied up for months, or even years.
>>
>>1571316
>Believe me, the legalities mean fuck all when it actually goes to court.
oh I know.

I didn't have a lawyer when I got divorced, I got screwed. She lied and her lawyer lied but there wasn't shit I could do about it.

But in business that's what insurance is for. Somebody sues me and I've got a team of lawyers to worry about it. If they lose they pay, not me. So it's not really something I think about anymore. I have personal liability insurance as well, but I've never had to use that. Homeowners' liability, auto liability. I can't imagine any situation where I'd get sued and have to personally give a fuck about the outcome.
>>
>>1571320
I get sued for breech of contract at least once a year. Insurance doesn't step into that because it doesn't fall under the general liability umbrella. Dunno what you do, but there's definitely things insurance doesn't get involved in if you aren't paying extortionate premiums that are better served by just having a competent firm on retainer.

Then again I guess you could call that retainer a form of insurance too, so whatever.
>>
>>1571325
I have performance and completed operations riders on my business liability.

if I get sued for breach of contract they have to step in and litigate or settle, whatever.
>>
>>1571326
Those are nightmarishly expensive for me, though some of that's an industry thing.
>>
>>1571328
Yeah, true.

I work in a really low-risk aspect of contracting. I don't work for the public or for other contractors so that wipes out most of the law suits right there.

working for the public is outrageous. I've never been sued so often as when I used to work for individuals. People suck.
>>
>>1571300

>Woman fucks him over
>Invests everything in a new woman to prevent the old one from winning

Genius strategy m8
>>
>>1571331
my current wife would get half of the business whether it's in her name or not since I bought and grew it while we were married.

The reverse is also true- If we get divorced I get half of "her" business plus she'll owe me alimony most likely.

not that it matters, we've been together 15 years now and I don't see us ever divorcing. If nothing else I'd probably never find another woman that's comfortable with the financial risks I take.
>>
>>1571115
till that kid comes in
>>
>>1571289
How is this performed, exactly?
>>
>>1570207

Married men are better workers because they have no options. The moment a man loses his income the wife will divorce to secure her financial position in existing assets. The man will then get to deal with court costs and child support. Because of this married men will never talk back or challenge management.
>>
File: 1348723324085.png (18KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1348723324085.png
18KB, 633x758px
>tfw not attractive enough for girls to even use you for use resources
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.