[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (26KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 250x250px
I have about a month before everything goes to shit at work. I've decided it's time to get out, so I need to find a new job.

The thing is, I'm in a corporate position and I'm making good money, so it's not exactly as simple as hopping on Craigslist or handing out resumes. How do I maximize an urgent job search?
>>
>>1568784
bump for interest
>>
>>1568784
Yeah I am interested too.

Why would you even leave your job thats paying good money unless you were about to be forced out? The economy is really shit, its not like the 80's where you could quit a job on Wednesday and have a better job by Monday.

My advice is start saving every penny because there is a chance you may not get a job and will have to survive off of savings alone.
>>
>>1568803

They're changing my job role to something I really don't want to do. This isn't unique to me, everyone's job is getting changed throughout the department, but I don't want to be a part of it. Everyone is abandoning ship.
>>
>>1568784

i just bailed from my job. i'm an old fag (35) and i was making a decent amount of money ($150k, not NY or SF). my old company is small.

this is what i did:
-go on a fishing expedition on indeed to see what's available all over. i work in an industry with not that many jobs, and i am single, so i could basically move wherever.
-look at recent turnover at some places that i think would be interesting. if there's a new senior person, they often want to hire some of their own mid/junior people to have some people who are "their people".
-if something seems promising, reach out to some people on linkedin at places that might be interesting to feel things out.
-start talking to people in my personal network, quietly.
-former bosses who think highly of me have been the best sources of jobs for me. i suck shit at networking, but my bosses have always gone to bat for me.
>>
>>1568784
What's your job/industry? I would suggest contacting recruiters and letting them do the work for you. Worked for me.
>>
>>1569270

This. You need to put your full resume and a professional picture on Linkedin. The recruiters will quickly descend on you with opportunities. Be careful because they have every incentive to place you in a high-turnover hell hole because they churn a lot of commissions.
>>
does your uni have a job board? Mine often posts non-entry positions for alumni

other than that I would say your best bet is to ask around/""""network""""" because in my experience people have far more success getting jobs from someone they know than just applying out of the blue
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.