[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it feasible to live in your car in Canada?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: CuskM9bW8AAoraq.jpg (432KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CuskM9bW8AAoraq.jpg
432KB, 1536x2048px
Is it feasible to live in your car in Canada?
>>
mate that picture is the top kek.
>>
>>1568136

Upgrade to a van. You'll thank me.
>>
>>1568146
But is it feasible in winter?

-20° is kinda rough
>>
In BC, yes.

Anywhere else, no.
>>
Fuck, meng, I'd trick out a van, drive to Oliver BC and make your living picking wine grapes. Smoke some BC hydro and bang hippie chicks.
>>
You're going to die in the winter you idiot
>>
>>1568152
Rough, but if you sleep during the warmer parts of the day, and have a place to go to avoid the worst storms you may face, you could do it. You will need a good sleeping bag, and some sort of heating source, and it be uncomfortable but you'll survive.
>>
Fuck them, this can be an innavan thread. I'm angling to get myself an SUV. Why? Because fuck 800 a month rent when I make 10/hr.

>car

Extremely uncomfortable. Get yourself a capped truck, SUV, minivan, or van.

>canada
>winter

Feasible. Don't listen to the other morons. Look up the insulation factor of cardboard. Line the bed/back where you'll be dwelling with several layers of cardboard, and then put a fabric or rug on top. You now have a small, well insulated space. Your bodyheat can warm it up but a small heater is preferable. There are heaters made for this purpose. Run it 1 hour at most, you'll be comfy all night. For extra /warm/ get a down sleeping bag or blanket, or wool, and a heat reflective bedroll (they make them for camping, it is a foam pad.) Now you are comfy, thank me later. Also don't get snowed in.

Also get a few emergency space blankets and maybe handwarmers.

Congrats, you survived winter!
>>
>>1568146

This.

Line it with some insulation and buy a thermal sleeping bag
>>
>>1568735
Damn rights bud.

My friends to just think about saving cash is are living 4 to an apartment unit.

I'd definitely deck out a van / get one of those pre-built mini motor homes to live in if I didn't have a place already.

(fug.. I just realized, my uncle has been doing this for 30 years. But in one of those fancy big tractor trucks)
>>
>>1568136
It's more feasible than living in Canada in your car
>>
>>1568980
>if I didn't have a place already.

This is a huge reason for me...right now I'm locked into a fucking lease, and it's expensive, on an apartment. If not for this I could have pursued a job in another city I was offered an interview for. It's bullshit that you have to sign on for an entire fucking year and you're trapped to that geographic area. Plus the sheer expense... Signing out a huge check every month. And really for what? A place to sleep (a van can offer that), a shower (gym), stove (eat out/grocery store/no-cook stuff), and a place to post on 4chan from (library, coffee shop, etc.) I have 8 more months on my lease. I am strongly considering to sublease and buy an SUV, but right now the cash I have can only buy a junker. Need to see if I can get a second job, then I can buy a nice SUV and stop paying rent. in 6 months the SUV would pay for itself. In about 2 years I could pay off the higher interest parts of my student loans. If I decided to do it tomorrow I could afford about 2,000 usd but that'll bite me in the ass for repair expense on a junk car.

Right now I'm going nuts because I can't afford both rent and a vehicle, no vehicle means no /out/. I'm going stir crazy. If I could wake up innawoods on weekends it'd be worth living in an SUV for.

Youtube has some good shit, also "cheap RV living" website. https://imgur.com/gallery/1LTyw There's this guy too but it doesn't look /comfy/.

I'd also strongly be against permanent alterations for resaleability and easy upgrades.
>>
Vancouver is named after all the van bums
>>
>>1568136
how many potcoins to buy an amorphous woman like that
>>
Is it legal to do this in Ontario, for example? Serious question. Like, where do you park your car to sleep and stuff?
>>
>>1569147
there's a ton of free parking in nice toronto neighbourhoods

getting tinted windows would be good for this kind of thing
>>
>>1569150
Shieet. I had no idea this was a thing. So how much dineri do you spend per month on essential living expenses (insurance, gas, food, water, bathing, etc.)
>>
>>1568136
try to find underground parking spots where you can park at night when it's cold out and snowing
>>
>>1569153
i dunno man i live in.. a house

and i have free parking
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzsDRG9g-P4

it's becoming more common
>>
>>1568136
Buy an old school bus and truck it out.
>>
>>1568735

Lol good luck doing this in Quebec. Maybe in Vancouver but definitely not in Quebec.
>>
>>1568136
Would anyone else titfuck the woman from OPs pic?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.