[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start a business selling gift cards on eBay, but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1436225762745.jpg (156KB, 691x997px) Image search: [Google]
1436225762745.jpg
156KB, 691x997px
I want to start a business selling gift cards on eBay, but I'm paranoid about people claiming that they never received it and eBay/PayPal siding with them. I want to ship them in a standard letter envelope. What do I need to do to prevent this from happening while keeping the shipping price as low as possible? Can I just have it so that they have to sign for it or is that not enough or too much?
>>
It is not worth the head ache. For every 9 transactions that go smoothly, some EBT toting knuckledragger will claim that the card has no balance, etc. Ebay is in the business of fellating the buyer; smalltime sellers such as yourself will get shafted in the long run.
>>
>>1567722

So, there's no way to stay one step ahead of them? No way to set it up so that I can prove that they received it and that the balance is there in the case that some deadbeat opens a case?
>>
>>1567735
If you do it by the book, then you should be protected from most every scenario. BUT do you have the patience to be constantly defending yourself.

Also you've got stiff competition that deals in massive volume. As shipping, insurance, delivery confirmation, fees, fees, and fees eat into your profit, what is left but a mere pittance. A slap in the face with a floppy wiener, if you will.
>>
Quickly and noot reading the rest of the thread:
* ship via registered mail, keep the receipt.
* generate a balance query either online or instore, keep the receipt.
* scan both and email to the buyer. "Your gift card is on its way"
* use the same email as evidence of shipping and value.
If the card is verified online, provide access to ebay with the two reciepts whena dispute is raised.
>>
I hate to be that guy, but...
Sauce on pic, please?
>>
>>1567658

Ebay buyer protection now only requires signature for $750 over. If the package shows delivered they simply have no recourse. Paypal's terms are the same.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.