[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AIRBNB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: AIRBNB.png (8KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
AIRBNB.png
8KB, 1200x630px
Anyone use Airbnb?

What do you do to increase ratings, get better reviews, get more people in your rental etc.
>>
i use it when i feel like getting raped in the anus
>>
>>1567646
where do you live?

are you renting to rent out?
i thought about that, but i live in ontario. if anything goes wrong, you're in shit. you're not going to have a very strong argument in court because a lot of airbnb operation is essentially illegal.
>>
>>1567654
>a lot of airbnb operation is essentially illegal

How?

New Zealand. Don't rent. Own the property.

Never had any problems with it so far.
>>
>>1567664
ok, if you own the property then you're probably fine. a lot of people also rent then make a airbnb out of it though, and thats illegal in ontario for several reasons. i dont know about new zealand
1. you cant make more money in a month than what you pay to your landlord
2. you need landlord's permission (ofcourse they would say no)
3. if its a condo, it usually does not permit strangers to stay short term
>>
>>1567674
Alright well none of this is problem, but thanks for the info.
>>
File: 1475903806093.jpg (21KB, 398x405px) Image search: [Google]
1475903806093.jpg
21KB, 398x405px
>>1567646
>What do you do to increase ratings, get better reviews, get more people in your rental etc
Keep googles out.
>>
>>1567664
Many places are cracking down on AirBnB for several reasons. It mixes up commercial/residential zoning, and a lot of laws are written such that AirBnB is technically a hotel, so taxes and liability insurance requirements come into play. The reason why AirBnB is so cheap for what you get is both a combination of providers taking what they can easily get because many are doing it as a side project to supplement income, and the fact that very few people are properly protecting themselves commercially.

It's the same deal with uber and taxi's. Yes, taxis are an overregulated oligopoly that charges extortionate rates because they can get away with it, but taxi drivers do have to carry commercial insurance. The instant you sit down in a taxi cab, you've got several hundred thousand dollars in insurance, and in some cities it's several million. Cabbies may be the mudslime of the earth, but you are legally far better protected in a cab vs a standard uber.

Then there's the NIMBY crowd. NIMBYs already hate renters, and they hate AirBnB with a passion. Can't have a bunch of brown people coming into their pristine suburban shitholes after all. Irony being, NIMBYs kill tourism money, so they actually destroy their communities by making them undesirable in the long run. There's tons of places in the US that have outright made AirBnB illegal. They'll put liens on your property and foreclose on it. Generally it's local lobbying group from middle class white people, particularly retirees and boomers, pushing these laws.
>>
>>1567674
> a lot of people also rent then make a airbnb out of it though, and thats illegal in ontario for several reasons.
I don't know if it's outright illegal, but it would count as a sublet, and no landlord with any degree of sense is going to allow subletting without their approval, nor will they allow commercial use of their property.

It makes insurance a train wreck, and that's before you consider some moron inviting their meth-head cousin in and the property damage that can arise as a result.
>>
I recently started as an online middleman for a bunch of properties where the owner already rents but is unable/unwilling to do the online stuff himself.

While Airbnb is great it is not ideal for the sort of volume I need to make to become really profitable. Any alternatives?
>>
>>1569667
Soo. you're a property manager?
>>
Hospitality is king.

Get a good read on your client and cater to them with things like hot towels. And a piece of chocolate on their pillow

Get a girl with nice cleavage to sit on the couch of your picture.

Beautiful pictures with a wide angle lens
>>
>>1569688
What's a good read that everyone hasn't read already?
My go-to comfy read is Catch-22 and everyone has already read that.
>>
I've been using it both ways for two years now, it's good. In my country it's regulated on a city to city basis, and my city is quite benevolent so far, it didn't even count as hotel before last year. Now new users have to go through a lot of legal hoops and the city is cracking down on illegal renting, so it's even more rewarding than before for me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.