[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Major in Accounting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7229.jpg (953KB, 5124x3079px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7229.jpg
953KB, 5124x3079px
hey /biz/, international business major here.

I've been considering switching my major in accounting as I've failed to do research previously on my current and other FAME majors. i blindly chose the major as i was interested into foreign exchange to America and possibly getting a job in the entertainment industry. Now I've realized that the degree might be worthless and currently have an Accounting class which I really like the most.

Should I switch my major into accounting?
>>
>>1566780
I forgot to say that any procedural in my uni is a pain in the ass so I'm scared they'll deny my petition or worse that I'll have to take the exam or some classes again, i already switched my major from video production in where I attended to some classes from the general tree branch classes of the uni so it'd be frustrating to start all over again for the second time.
>>
>>1566780
Are you willing to get an internship?

Are you willing to get a master's degree?

Are you willing to study 300-400 hours for the CPA exam?

Are you willing to deal with principles that change more constantly than a programming career?

Are you willing to make ethical decisions that could affect your employment or criminal record?
>>
>>1567018
Can you tell me details about the criminal record?
>>
>>1567177
You and your boss know it's incredibly simple to cheat on financial statements to make the company appear more successful than what its really happening.

Some bosses are testing you, some bosses aren't. Just know that it's always the accountant that gets convicted in fraud schemes.
>>
Do what u love and will maximize profits and share wealth evenly op
>>
>>1567252
How much of the actual work is it to know how to legally manipulate your books?
>>
>>1567294
Hopefully none.

Accounting, or at least public accounting, as a practice is used to report financial status through numbers and occasional disclosure notes, nothing more and nothing less. If you want to persuade your investors to stay loyal by stretching the truth, that's the job for management.
>>
>>1567018
Yes to all this. More so interested in getting a CFA
>>
Should i join a startup/start operating my own firm instead? or a hedge fund?
>>
>>1566780
International business is, like most business degrees, a meme. Accounting teaches a skill that lands an almost guaranteed job, especially if you get your CPA. Switch to accounting.
>>
>>1568171
Does this thought that IB is a meme translate towards the rest of the world though? Remember that I don't live in America.

And even so, does an accounting degree weights as much as in the USA if I live elsewhere?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.