[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car trouble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: David-Zaitz-photography-16.jpg (77KB, 760x497px) Image search: [Google]
David-Zaitz-photography-16.jpg
77KB, 760x497px
Hi biz

I ran into some car trouble and it looks like it's gonna cost me near 5 grand to fix. I owe 6 grand on the car still. I don't have the money to pay the cost upfront and I don't think I'll be approved for the credit thing they have as an option.

It's currently sitting at a dealership service center. Not sure what to do here. Any advice?
>>
I think I'm getting a personal loan....thoughts?
>>
>>1566235
What's wrong with the car? How much could you sell it for as is?
>>
>>1566356
Needs an engine replacement.

Less than I owe.
>>
>>1566392
>gine replacement.
>Less than I
well what you owe is a sunk cost, you might (probably will) lose money on this. Now you need to figure out how to just salvage the most you can. I got a lemon a couple years ago, paid $8k and ended up selling it for $3k instead of replacing the engine and fixing some electrical problems. Figured it was better to just get it the hell away from me and take the loss before I got sucked in. Sounds like your situation is a little different though. Do you need the car for work? Can you walk or take the bus for a while?
>>
>this nigga needs 5k for car repair
>I paid 1.5k for my car
>if I need some stupid major repair like that I'd just buy another used honda
>but chances are when something breaks it'll cost me a couple hundred to fix it myself

STAY KEKED WAGESLAVE
>>
>>1566414
wow 4chans filtering c-u-c-k now?
>>
>>1566235

> Insurance fraud
>>
>>1566407
I have a way to get to work fine for the most part for as long as I need. It's a Honda civic, currently sitting at a Honda dealership. Do you think they'd workout a trade in? Wouldn't what I owe just be lumped on top of what I pay for a new/used car?
>>
>>1566414
Basically. I screwed myself. It's as simple as that and I have to get myself out of it.
>>
Pls
>>
>>1566519
Yeah, can't hurt to ask. See how much they'll give you for it. Is that where you bought the car? Is it under any kind of warranty? Unfortunately it sounds like you'll just have to face a loss here, just try and minimize it.
>>
>>1566603
Not where I bought the car. Don't think it's under warranty. I know it'll be a loss no matter what I do at this point. I just don't know what my options are considering I don't have the money to even get it fixed.
>>
>>1566611
Well I wouldn't take out a loan, you're going to end up paying way more than $5k by the time it's paid off. Can you work out some kind of payment plan with the repair shop? How much money do you even make anyway? Why do you owe so much and have so little saved? You kind of fucked yourself here. Maybe they will let you keep it at the shop until you have enough to pay for the repair.
>>
>>1566647
Yeah I definitely fucked myself. Had to use emergency fund on unexpected medical bills. Shop will not work out a payment plan.
>>
>>1566841
>Had to use emergency fund on unexpected medical bills

maybe try living in a country that doesn't have a 3rd world health care system next time
>>
>>1566886
This really doesn't help. Do you feel better making jokes at the expense of someone who feels so desperate that they post a very personal issue and ask for help on 4 chan of all places?

Can I suck your obviously large cock, oh first world healthcare member?
>>
>>1566930
I would sell the car for whatever you can get for it. Pay off your loan and forget about it, next time don't live beyond your means.
>>
>>1566930
the joke wasn't at your expense. it was at the hypocrisy of americans who claim their shitty overpriced healthcare is better than everyone else's, when no other developed country on earth would ever put you under financial strain just because you needed to see a doctor
>>
>>1566936
Probably this. That's shitty op, but you did take risks so that's how it goes

How did you kill the motor?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.