[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1458331913608.jpg (104KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
1458331913608.jpg
104KB, 500x415px
How do I just make money? I have like 18k just sitting on my bank account and I do nothing with it. I am still in university but I got a good part time job that pays all my bills.

What should I do with my money? Should I invest it in something? If so what?
I have no idea at all about this subject. If you recommend me to read some books or stuff like that would also be apreciated.

TL:DR I just want to make money off my already existing money. pls help

pic unrelated
>>
bumping for interest
>>
http://www.fool.com/investing/basics/index.aspx

This is what I read when I was starting out. If nothing else, it made the whole thing seem a hell of a lot less scary.

As long as you're not a fucking moron (pro tip: ignore stupid shit like Trump Coin and URRE and all that garbage people hawk here) and stick to real, quality compamies.

Or just put it all in VYM. I have 400k and 250K of it are in VYM because that fund kicks fucking ass.
>>
>>1566159
Thanks for the insight.
Does it make any difference that I am living in germany btw?
>>
Yes and no.

The types of stock you can get more easily are different, but the fundamentals are pretty much gonna be the same.

Basically there are different markets. The US has the Nasdaq, the UK has the London exchange, German the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, etc...

I can't sleep and like helping noobs. How far along are you in investing? Do you have an account open?
>>
>>1566166
I have done absolutely nothing yet and have absolutely 0 knowledge on this. That's why I said I'd also apreciate some books or any credible sources that would give me some knowledge about this subject first. I don't even know how to get an "account" or where
>>
>>1566167
German here. Take a look at iShares (ETF-product). Start with regular buys on the MSCI World Index, it is quite stable and gives you a good return.

Furthermore take a look at ING Diba as a broker, you can buy most ETFs without any fees if you invest more than 500€ a buy.

Times are quite unpredictable at the moment, but if you invest for a long time (as I do), you should not care about the next possible crisis. Just buy more.
>>
I use Merrill Edge because I use Bank of America as my bank and it allows me to transfer money immediately between the two account. If not for that I would recommend you go to vanguard.com and create two accounts: a Roth IRA and a basic investing account.

If you just want to dick around with stocks a bit, there is also am app called Robinhood you can download (altho I'm not sure if you can use it Europe?)

Basically it's a very simple investing app that lets you make free and instant trades. If I were you I would place $1,000 in the Robim hood (or the vanguard money mentioned above) and just go buy $300 of three stocks. Buy one item you know and personally like (I own Actionvion). One "boring" stock you do some research about first. And one ETF of some sort.

What's an ETF you ask?

Google is always good at answering questions, but it is AMAZING in letting you know everything there is to know about investing. Just keep searching.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.