[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Becoming a developer with LinkedIn Learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: MagicJohnson.png (822KB, 927x698px) Image search: [Google]
MagicJohnson.png
822KB, 927x698px
Okay /biz/, I've been looking for a job for some months without any succes. I have a degree in communication management, but it's a meme degree. So I figured out I'd school myself to become a web developer. After going through some e-learning sites, I found this LinkedIn Learning course: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/paths/become-a-full-stack-web-developer

Does anyone know if this is legit? Or are there better options like Lynda.com etc?
>>
Web Dev actually isn't hard to learn at all, but no one is really going to take you seriously with just a "certificate" of any kind under your belt. You either have to get a degree or get ready to bust your ass for FREE to build a portfolio.
>>
File: 1463935043456.png (660KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463935043456.png
660KB, 640x640px
Either:

Get another degree.

Or

If you're desperate, learn a trade.

Or

If you REALLY want a job (that doesn't pay like shit), join the army.
>>
>>1566134
firstly see
>>1566741
Secondly, tech is a very competitive field and self taught programmers kinda come in at a disadvantage from those with a traditional degree. But with a beautiful portfolio and some guerilla networking you could find the same kind of job as a degree fag. What would be easier and make you more money would be getting a couple of info science certs.
>>
Web development has already been automated. How can you compete with Wix and every other company?
>>
File: 1471209501051.gif (964KB, 335x190px) Image search: [Google]
1471209501051.gif
964KB, 335x190px
>>1566751
Then he'd have to get a beautiful portfolio, which is what everyone's trying to do.

I think competition depends on where he lives, no? It's like that in the US, but there are countries that are lagging behind!
>>
>>1566757
> this is what normies think webdevs do
reeeeeeee
>>
>>1566794
Don't they though? :^)
>>
So it doesn't seem a good idea to try and become a developer... What would be a better option according to you guys?

I'm 23 now and I don't want to go to college anymore. I already have a degree and want to start working and earn some money. Besides, college is a waste of time. So the idea would be that I take some random job and school myself online in my spare time to get some certifications. This way, I can learn things that are actually useful and up to date, in less amount of time. Or am I being naïve?
>>
I'm a FT web developer at pretty large company. I would recommend it as a profession, it pays well and if you are passionate about staying up to date with new programming languages and entrepreneurial you can make some really good money.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.