[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people live like this and not want to blow their brains out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 1358058688955.png (174KB, 1387x805px) Image search: [Google]
1358058688955.png
174KB, 1387x805px
How do people live like this and not want to blow their brains out?
>>
>>1566050
They do want to - however, they don't dare to do so.
>>
>>1566050
in 2014, .013% of americans did blow their brains out...
>>
They delude themselves in to happiness looking forward to the 2 days they do have off
>>
>>1566050

nobody wants this but the question is: how to escape?

you might do even worse starting a own business workhour wise

my plan is to become a teacher which is pretty secure in my country and if youre into it you only got like 30hrs/week to do
>>
I don't work a 9-5 so I don't have to worry about traffic atleast

god I fucking hate being stuck in traffic while commuting
>>
>>1566050
because the alternative is worse.

For the majority of human history you hunted until you died of a bacterial infection/broke something/got eaten. If you reached 30 you were LUCKY. Then came farming.

You stayed in one spot and farmed the land breaking your back until you died at the average age of 40.

Then we invented shit. You now have a house/apartment, you get in your motorized piece of metal and traverse a great journey that wouldve taken half aday a few centuries before but now takes 30 minutes. You smack your hands against a piece of plastic, intermittently eating high caloric nutrients, maybe pop a antibiotic every now and then; then go home.

On average people live to 70-80 years now.

This path were on has led us to live longer, more prosperous lives.

You wanna be a nomad again? go to mongolia and hunt your food and shit in a hole in the ground you dug with your hands

The rest of the world sees the benefits of doing these things that cause you to want to blow your brains out.
>>
65% of Canadians are ready to quit their job.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/two-thirds-employed-canadians-workplace-120100161.html

When my son will be older, I will tell him to never work for minimum wage. I will also tell him to take his time to find grat job, no hurry.
>>
>>1566094
Your wageslave cope is strong. You are too reliant on society, to the extent that you think attempting to be self reliant might actually kill you. OP didn't say he wants to abandon modern life and live like a barbarian. He just doesn't want the monotonous repetition and loss of meaning that modern life has created. He could possibly achieve that, but you probably never will.
>>
There's no freedom than having no ties and no caring if you lose your job, hell I'd fucking love to be made redundant and get that sweet payoff, the only reason I keep working is it lets me watch my savings go up significantly and lord it over my friends how much better paid I am than them, the simple things
>>
The problem is that hope still exists. That tiny sliver of hope that you can push through the wageslavery and come out on the other side secure and happy.

Hope is a dangerous thing. I'm hoping to save up enough to buy a small cottage in a cheap area of the country and work whatever small part time stuff I can for expenses, and live off the remainder of my warchest. But that's still at least 10 or 15 years away.
>>
>>1566094
>If you reached 30 you were LUCKY
This is a meme. Historical "average lifespan" statistics are grossly deflated by the incredible infant mortality rate. If you survived early childhood and avoided violence you'd live into your 50's at least.
Note that Neolithic "war" wasn't always lethal, either.

Do you really think we'd evolve a reproductive strategy where more than half our natural lifespan would be spent in childhood?
>>
People don't have a choice. They have families they need to support.

Fuck ever working full time personally though.
>>
File: 1439992840666.jpg (59KB, 400x568px) Image search: [Google]
1439992840666.jpg
59KB, 400x568px
because being a neet is a slow decay into insanity

t. unemployed wagie
>>
>>1566535
This
"I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope." - The Dark Knight Rises

I'm slowly giving up hope day by day... I have a feeling that giving up will liberate me. I have big ambitions and tired of playing by the rules.
>>
File: neet.png (129KB, 1387x805px) Image search: [Google]
neet.png
129KB, 1387x805px
>>1566050
As opposed to what? Something similar to pic related?
>>
>>1566050
Life is suffering anon.
>>
Because... "Militia est vita hominis super terram". I prefer wageslaving to the alternative tho.
>>
>>1566458
Pfft, hah. Im almost there myself. A few more years and ill have enough to go somewhere tropical, a decade and i can retire in relative decadence.

>>1566587
i know. But there was worse shit going on during those times. War, famine, pestilience, catastrophes that we havent seen in centuries.

The average american stuffs his face with burgers yet two hundred years ago when an area had a famine youd be lucky if your family had a single fucking potato to live off for a week.

Everyone takes advantage nowadays and thats good. We built this world, and now we are enjoying the fruits of our labour.
>>
>>1566666
Satan has a good point
>>
File: takei.jpg (95KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
takei.jpg
95KB, 960x960px
>>1566666
lol
>>
There are more suicides than homicides in America.
>>
>>1566666
checked
>>
>>1566050
It's not that we don't want to. It's that it wouldn't solve anything if we did. There's few choices that involve a reasonable income that aren't this, and every time some faggot with a rich dad and no spine gets into one that pool shrinks, because he figures out how to soak up all the opportunities and make other people do the work while he gets paid for it.

If I thought I had the skill for crime I'd do that instead, at least then I could put a few rounds in a few people with more than they deserve.
>>
>>1566719
wow, confirmed

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/suicide.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm
>>
>>1566727
Hmm anon... who deserves what?
>>
>>1566727
Ex. A crazy african kid should put a couple rounds in you for having so much here in Amelika
>>
>>1566735
Eh, he's got the right to try. Wouldn't hate him for it.

>>1566732
Harder question is who doesn't.
>>
>>1566738
Would you legalize that then? The rule of allowing people to kill those they feel have too much
>>
>>1566744
Why would you assume I care about legality here?

If he thinks he can get away with it and he's got the nerve to try, or he's mad enough he doesn't care if the consequences fuck him up after, then he can take the shot. If he wins that's his problem, if I do it's mine. Same way going up from me, I just don't have the ability to get away with it and I'm not crazy enough to accept the punishment for getting caught.

System's built to prevent uppity cucks who never calloused their hands and got millions for it from ever having to worry about things like challenges or growing up, though, so the further up you go the harder that gets.
>>
>>1566754
What if the tables were turned and those who have money/power happen not to be uppity cucks; and you, a poor wageslave with no talents try to get back at them because you can't see their merit to society?
Imagine everyone thought in such a way, you would be arguing for more order in society and we can see that here because your views are clearly reactionary.
>>
>>1566770
The best solution to any epidemic problem is a structural, systematized one. So unless you are just a hedonist attempting to suck all the personal pleasure you can out of this lifetime, apply your talents instead how'bout, toward changing the system which you see as unjust.
>>
>>1566770
>>1566776
All in reply to

>>1566754
>>
>>1566680
The Irish potato famine was man-made though. There were still enough potatoes to eat, but they were all being taken by the English landowners.

We also are still pretty powerless against natural disasters, even in first world countries.
>>
File: Peasant.jpg (318KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
Peasant.jpg
318KB, 960x895px
>being born poor

Only have themselves to blame really.
>>
I don't really mind my job and work 11-730 every other weekend.

I live 10 minutes from home, wake up at 9, take my dog for a long walk, make breakfast and coffee, catch up on memes, then slack off most the day at work, fap in the bathroom, etc.

Still get home by 8, early enough to spend time with the wife, or grab some dinner and have a few beers, bed by 12.

Maybe I'm crazy, but it's not that bad. Working every other weekend forces me to make my weekends off with the wife memorable, rather than staying home.
>>
>>1566050
Funny, I returned home from a job I realy hate. It has grown to an everyday torture.

Still, it pays slightly above average (no luxary, but I get to save a bit for the shitty local standard).

Anon, if you are good at what you do, you respect the craft and you work with OK people, then wageslavery is actually alright. From those three I only get to befriend a few quality people in the office. Training is quite weak and the career looks soul sucking. So here I am to vento in this tread :)
>>
>>1566105
That's me today. Fuck this job.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.