[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How illegal is Pumping & Dumping on ALTCoins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Pump-and-Dump-Char.png (3KB, 508x310px) Image search: [Google]
Pump-and-Dump-Char.png
3KB, 508x310px
How illegal is Pumping & Dumping on ALTCoins?
>>
>>1565981
100%
>>
>>1565981
Many
>>
>>1565983
Who regulates the market and who punishes?
>>
>>1565990
Nobody...
>>
>>1565996
Is this true?

Anyone, shine a light on this matter.
>>
>>1566032
>>1565996
http://www.coindesk.com/florida-group-faces-fraud-charges-alleged-altcoin-pump-dump/

read the whole thing before you think it was just about selling asics. I know they were doing a little more than just pumping and dumping and that's why they got caught, but it is possible to get caught and it will become more likely as they become more mainstream.

but in all reality, you're fine with your 100btc and group of friends that have 500btc total. nobody worried about you guys.
>>
>>1565981
i dont even care, im making money out of it. im fully stocked with shitcoins waiting fro whales to show up and give me 300% of my investment back. ive been doing it for 5 days, i got 3 waves already.
>>
>>1567201
How the fuck do you know which coins are about to be pumped?

More importantly, how much have you made?
>>
>>1567202
the general idea is to bet in small quantities but to aim for atleast 2x or 3x the investment based on previous historic spikes. so dont try to get 2x if there is no history of this happening, it will probably not happen.
1:
buy it low, the closest to historic low the better.
2:
dont even bother with stops, invest 10% max or even 5% depending on your capital on each one of them.
3:
sort them by volume the lower the better.
4:
sort them by price the lower the better.
5 : dont bet on coins like DIEM were the price is too low and the ammount of bitcoin on each bid/ask is over 100, if you do your money will get stuck for a long time.

5 : As target sell prices target previous spikes, the top of the spike is harder to get, set 3 to 4 selling points.
>>
>>1567201

Ball on, baller.
>>
>>1567202
about the question on what coins are going to be pumped : the ones that no one care about : low price/low volume. the more different coins you buy the bigger the chance to get a wave. i got pink at 67 - sold at 128(average > 77 > 120>140), got hz at 40 sold at 49 AV(i got afraid, i could have it until now since it would only stop one of my selling points that only happens if i keep cheching the fucking coins). got more 2 other coins but i dont want to check them. i guess i proved my point. on losses well i dont sell any of the coins going down. i buy them so low that i will only loose them if the coin goes to zero.
>>
>>1567240
i'm not in this game, but i'm interested. where do you trade from? how scalable and liquid is this market? is there any sort of platform you can use like for stocks with level 2, live feed, and such?
>>
>>1567308
im trading cryptos on polo. i dont even know if its possible on stocks. you would have to compare the stocks with the cryptos attributes and check if its viable. the thing is on cryptos we know for a fact that we have regular pumps/dumps this can take up to 2 months to happen for each crypto. some happens faster. the best way to go is to check each cryptos graph and see how often the peaks happen.
>>
>>1567317
thanks. did you say the pump and dumps last for around 2 months? thats huge. what happens when a pump and dump is caught? do they halt trading?
>>
>>1567375
2 months to get sometimes 100% to 200% profit. i would wait.
> what happens when a pump and dump is caught? do they halt trading?
i dont know, and i dont really care. i belive the market regulates itself, if the stock is really solid the pump/dump will be harder to make. i mean imagine the risk and the size of the investment to make eth or even bitcoin to spike up. those cryptos are worthless thats why pump and dump happen. Trying to forbid this is just a waste of time and money.
>>
>>1567446
Stop replying, he's setting you up.
>>
>>1567493
For what?
>>
>>1567446
this is true.. since there are hundreds of shitcoins, theres usually 5 or more pumps going on per day.. quick money if you know what youre doing
>>
>>1567493
exacly for what?
>>
>>1565981
the market is unregulated. its a pump and dump paradise.

ie: a speculators wet dream. risk averse faggots need not apply
>>
>>1567558
Everything is unregulated until it is regulated goy.
>>
>>1567579
its unregulated as of today. keep coping untill it gets regulated
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.