[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will fitbit stop dropping and bounce back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

Any predictions? Thinking about buying more stock tomorrow or waiting for a further dip.

They have the biggest market share in fitness wearables which increased even more from last year

Have no debt

Have 715 million in cash

Have the number 1 selling fitness wearables on amazon

This is the number one stock in my portfolio and I'm going hard and deep
>>
once it stops being a worthless company backed by the healthy living meme
>>
>>1565516
Millions of people retard, it's worthless yet they have nearly a billion in cash.

Fucking derp
>>
>>1565557
Here's an anecdote.
My sister's boyfriend in a franchisee at a large department store. He says that by far the item that they get the most returns from are fitbits, because they're broken or just because it's within the refund period. He also says nearly everyone exchange it for cash or store credit, not a replacement.

Fitbit had a lot of hype when it IPO'd, but now the interest is dwindling and they have a lot of competitors. The price is probably where it should be, don't expect a rise back to what it went public at unless you have some kind of insider information.
>>
>>1565630
>1565630
Why wouldn't I expect a company to rise when they increase earnings every quarter? Literally everytime an analyst tried to say fitbits revenue will fall it rises.

So tell me why a company with no debt, almost a billion in cash, increased market share in tech wearables ( not to mention the entire sector of tech wearables in increasing steadily), and top selling products stock should decrease in value.
>>
>>1565509
heh I'm doing a marketing case on FitBit and they seem to be doing really well over the past few years, if they continue at the same rate you are set
>>
>>1565516
this. why not invest in a real company that actually has a value in society?
>>
>>1565676
Idk though, also read that after a few months of product use, consumers stopped using the product completely and it may have just been a hype thing that peaked. But you never know
>>
>>1566191
FitBit has had consistent and significant revenue increases after every quarter. It also retained its market share pretty well when Apple got in. Apple might drop their fitness watches completely and stick to their usual shit. So there is still hope
>>
People hate wearing shit, never, ever invest in wearables.
>>
>>1566191
Looking at the case again Fitbit even retained their market share through Nike as well. Estimated sales and market growth are still going up around 20%. Health and fitness market = 200 billion, polls still say most people plan on buying FitBit out of the competitors. Idk I'd stay
>>
>>1566199
Older people love that fitness wearable shit for their jogs though, and they're a huge market. That and people are fat asf but yea I wouldn't personally get one
>>
>>1566195
>>1566201
I guess my point is: forget about what the company looks like now and ask yourself where is fitbit going to be in 20, 50 or even 100 years.
>>
>>1566210
This could be the next huge thing in 20 years, and it's definitely safe for him to stay in for now. He should be looking at the next 5 years at most for now anyway
>>
>>1566210
Im not looking that far ahead im only looking a few years. They could easily expand into other fitness related things.

Im in at average of 14.54 per share. If it drops below 13 I'm buying more.
>>
>>1566199
The wearables market is growimg every year wtf are you even talking about? Do you even go outside? People love wearing shit.
>>
>>1565509
SINGLE
PRODUCT
COMPANY

Hey gopro also has the lions share of their market. who cares though?
>>
>>1566275
Fitbit is beating everybody in their market. Apple, nike, garmin, under armour. I don't know go pros financials so I can't comment on that.

Also single product companies are usually a good thing, you're not really getting at anything there.
>>
>>1565557
so and their market cap is triple their cash reserve. what is your point?
>>
>>1566285
>Also single product companies are usually a good thing, you're not really getting at anything there.

Since when? How many 3 billion dollar companies can you name that only put out one product? They don't have any storefronts, so no equity in real estate. And so what if they're beating the competition? Lots of single product companies do that and still go nowhere.
>>
>>1566286
So a company so only be worth near as much as their cash reserve?

My point is they are breaking their previous earnings every year and growing fast. A tech company with no debt and that much cash is rare.
>>
>>1566285
and to be fair they are only beating those companies you listed in one single metric that accounts for maybe a couple percent of their earnings. how is that impressive?
>>
>>1566293
How much of that cash came from their IPO which valued them at nearly 10 times their current market cap? You really don't see a problem here?
>>
>>1566290
They have aquired multiple factories, why would they want to own a store when everybody shops online? Their not selling fucking boats they're selling fitness bands that weigh a few ounces.

Netflix and Activision
>>
>>1566298
I would if they weren't consistently earning more money every quarter. Also have top selling products on amazon.

So what you're saying is fitbit is beating out everyone else who trys to enter the market and you dont see anything in that? Their market is growing not shrinking.
>>
>>1566309
netflix is a production studio with a video rental and stream service.

activision has several popular brands that utilize monthly payments, microtransactions, dlc, or one time purchases that span across everything with a screen on it.

fitbits monitor your heart rate. they used their IPO money to pay off debt and have put about zero dollars into R&D.

>>1566314
how often do you buy a new fitbit? there was literally a Hey Arnold episode that explained this concept for children.
>>
>>1566298
I didn't invest at 40 dollars a share but I do think right now they're worth around 20 dollars a share. They'll be worth much more in the months to come.
>>
>>1566320
nobody will buy this company for 3 billion dollars. it's old technology made cheaply.
>>
>>1566319
Okay its clear you have no idea what you're talking about a simple google search will show you that fitbit more than doubled it's r&d to around 132 million I believe. They are also getting into health care.
>>
>>1566324
they raised 7 times that amount in their IPO. and so what if they're "getting into health care"? you think bristol myers squibb or general electric is scared of some company who makes heart rate monitors that sync with your cell phone?

stop reading the stock rags kid. you're in way over your head.
>>
>>1566332
It's a big deal because of apples supposed deal with aetna. So a company pays off their debt poors money into r&d and makes top selling products and you knock them for it? You're comparing apples to oranges.

Also the point of investing is not to buy what the company is worth, but what it will be worth. That's why fitbit is a bargain.
>>
File: fatbit.jpg (141KB, 1360x963px) Image search: [Google]
fatbit.jpg
141KB, 1360x963px
>>1566348
fitbit is not currently hiring anyone involved in healthcare

wooooooow it's fucking nothing. it's like people in the healthcare industry don't care about a glorified stopwatch/gps/heart rate monitor.

their R&D money is going into customer support and advertising. just look at the facts.
>>
>>1566348
and so what if they're a "top selling" product? they still had to IPO to get out from under their debt. Is that a green flag for you?
>>
>>1566361
I'm done talking to you you can't even bother to actually look into the company. You post a screenshot of current openings? Seriously? I've done my research you can't troll me.
>>
>>1566372
your research was terrible. the only thing the aetna deal tells me is that apple literally has to give away fitness devices. companies with a future don't lose 50% of their IPO price in less than a year. you're buying a rubber band and hoping that someone else with more money will think as highly of fitbit as you. do you even own one?
>>
>>1566372
I mean you dog me for not doing research but you say they're getting into HC like that is a big deal but they aren't even actively seeking healthcare professionals. what are you on dude? so delusional. I hope you didn't bet the farm on this.
>>
>>1566376
Show me the facts. Show me that fitbit used all of its ipo money to pay off debt. Show me that all successful companies stocks have never dropped far below their IPO.

I'll wait

And you clearly didn't research enough about the healthcare. I mean what did you do a whole 2 minutes of research?
>>
>>1566399
I'm not an accountant for FIT so I can't give you exact numbers but seeing as their current cash on hand and money raised from their IPO is drastically different it doesn't take a monkey to figure out they were underwater and needed a life vest in the form of dumb money

what are you talking about with healthcare? what deal do they have coming down the pipeline? just because their advertising division put out a couple articles saying they "might" get into HC that suddenly justifies their valuation? what application does their product have in the health care industry? apple, the most highly valued company in america, could only move 50K of their watches to one of the biggest insurers in america. you really honestly think FIT could leverage a better deal when they wield a fraction of a percent of the power apple does?

As for your last point: why are you so obsessed with trying to find value? why not just buy a company that isn't dogshit? WMT loses more to shoplifting each year that FIT's CURRENT MARKET CAP and they're still one of the most profitable dividend paying companies in the world.

go ahead and wait dude. this company will get bought out in 5 years and you'll make 10% while never seeing a single dividend. g/l h/f
>>
>>1566448
So you have no proof of anything you claim.

See ya
>>
you don't have proof either. I don't get the problem here. I'm better at analyzing the information given than you are. you really think those stock twits you're getting are facts? you don't even have a bb terminal, which, btw, is all bullshit anyways. anyone with a brain knows that.

fucking dipshit. enjoy your shit stock.
>>
>>1566466
Sure you are little guy, see ya
>>
>>1566477
show me something that didn't come from fitbit.
>>
>>1566477
listen my friend. I will make it easy for you. screen shot me a couple things from FIT's latest 10Q that gives you confidence and I will refute all of them. This report is such a shitshow and it's sad that you can't see it.
>>
>>1566479
Dont worry about that bagholding faggot. He had to go check if he had enough bar mitzvah money to cover when he gets the margin call.
>>
File: fat1.jpg (115KB, 988x534px) Image search: [Google]
fat1.jpg
115KB, 988x534px
so on first glance, FIT's total assests have gone up! However, cash and cash equivilents have gone -down- nearly 20%. Every other asset that has gone "up" is either related to brand name or credit. Very interesting considering the people valuing those "assets" work in FIT's accounting department.
>>
File: fat2.jpg (64KB, 989x237px) Image search: [Google]
fat2.jpg
64KB, 989x237px
Oh wow, look at that, after a whole year and a multi billion dollar IPO debt has barely decresed.
>>
>>1566219
Wasn't it supposed to be the "current huge thing"?
>>
File: fat3.jpg (144KB, 1018x550px) Image search: [Google]
fat3.jpg
144KB, 1018x550px
Revenue is up a decent percentage! Operating expense are also up about as much. More money is being pumped into to sales and marketing than R&D. Whoops, looks like I nailed that one. Adminsitative costs are WAY up. Operating income is WAY lower. Income before taxes and net income are WAY down. WHOOPS.
>>
should I keep going?
>>
fucking 10 scrolls to see this company is full of shit. do some real research.
>>
>>1566522
So they spent money and aquired assets. You are literally retarded. No company is perfect you just said it yourself apple is the most profitable company and fitbit destroyed them in their market. You can find bad things about any company, doesn't mean they aren't good or profitable.

I have no idea why you're so butthurt
>>
>>1566524
They ordered more product than they did last year, we'll see what happens now that they're acquiring factories. You do realize I'm long on fitbit right?
>>
>>1567575
How would he realize that you're long fitbit? Stop typing like an autistic fool and type statements as statements and questions as questions.
>>
>>1567578
Because I stated that I was thinking long term about the company?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.