[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I save money around my house? Give me some crazy ideas /biz/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1476109418484.jpg (325KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1476109418484.jpg
325KB, 768x1024px
How do I save money around my house? Give me some crazy ideas /biz/
>>
File: bizlit3.jpg (2MB, 2845x1682px) Image search: [Google]
bizlit3.jpg
2MB, 2845x1682px
>saving
You will find the rate of inflation will eat away at you money on average of 3.22% per year.
>https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=average%20rate%20of%20inflation

So I would suggest you start investing your money in an S&P Index fund, and educating yourself about real estate, the stock market, and creating wealth. Then find a mentor to help guide you as you start to become more of a sophisticated investor.
>>
>>1565143
Okay, so how do save the money to pump into those investments?
>>
>>1565150
>Get a job, preferably one selling insurance.
>Find some equity partners
>get a loan
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-13-19-44-54.png (595KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-13-19-44-54.png
595KB, 1080x1920px
>>1565111
Where do you live? Depending on your climate there are all kinds of ways to save on your bills and live for cheap if not free.

1. Don't take advise from ads that want to sell you a lightbulb for $45 that will save you 10cent a month

2. Do listen to old people

3. Do read stuff like pic related and sites on homesteading, mobile home repair, small space gardening, couponing, etcetera

4. Figure out how to incorporate 1940's ideals into your lifestyle

5. Make it fun for you by showing kids the how to's you learned from pre-1989 research you've done (and tricking them into doing the actual work for you)
>>
>>1565111
Save money on catfood: eat your cat.

Love ice cream but prefer a budget, home-made, zero calorie option? Ice cubes.

Fart into jars and burn the methane to heat your home or cook up a piping hot meal.

Tie a tow-rope between your car and your neighbour's. Let him drag your car onto the interstate each morning and when you reach your exit just uncouple and effortlessly coast to your workplace. Save petrol; your neighbour will never guess the trick!

Drink rainwater.

Why buy bread when you can get an infinite free supply at your local duck pond.

Keep electrical appliances plugged in when not in use to prevent electricity escaping from the wall socket.

Wrap yourself in clingfilm before taking a bath. You'll remain dry and save wearing out your towels.

You say pizza menus, I say free toilet paper.

Only buy long trousers and you can get away with not wearing socks. Perhaps even shoes. Your boss and colleagues will never know!

Going on a date and need to buy chocolates? Buy cheap dog chocolate and pit it in an empty chocolate box.

Shit immediately before showering to avoid needing to wipe.

Turn down your thermostat a degree to save fuel. If you get cold you can just switch on all your lights and appliances to warm the house up.
>>
>>1565325
This is the best post I've seen this week.
>>
>>1565325
Can't I get a list like this that isn't stupid?
>>
>>1565111
Ok

It's uber for companies that need deliveries.

You approach business owners, offer to do deliveries for them. You show them a free app they can use to log a request to you or one of your poorfag friends who are driving around doing nothing anyway. You can make such an app. It's easy I believe in you.

Here's the thing. You're going to approach laundromats and dry cleaners. So many fucking dry cleaners are cheap but they ghetto. High end dry cleaners all deliver. Ghetto dry cleaners can become classy af overnight by working with you. It won't cost them a penny because you already have the app and they can just add $5 to their bill for delivery. If customers want it, it's there. If customers don't want it, there's no risk to the dry cleaners.

There aren't enough dry cleaners that deliver. Fucking do it. There's your idea go make that shit happen and get rich. Go now.
>>
this post is amazing
>>
>>1565473
You asked for crazy ideas didn't you?
>>
>>1565492
Yeah, but that was just retarded.
>>
Drop some useless habits you can live without
Do you smoke? Quit.
Do you drink? Quit.
Do you have Netflix? Quit.
I've seen too many kids in my city complain about how they can't save money while clutching an e-cig and a bottle of 10 dollar craft beer.
>>
>>1565473
>stupid
Look at all the normies buying overpriced starbucks and other frivolous luxuries, letting bargains and opportunities slip by because "muh dignity", "muh biological programming to avoid physical and emotional pain" or "muh morals". If you never step out of your comfort zone that will be your life.

Which is more stupid?
>>
>>1565111
Buy a mr coffee
>>
>>1565325
>Shit immediately before showering to avoid needing to wipe.

There are people who don't do this?

Sh-shit guys, i uh...uh...need to go
>>
>>1565325

nice.
>>
>>1565111
So long as you don't sweat too much, you can get away with wearing the same pair of clothes at least three times.

Train yourself to eat less; your grocery bill will be lowered.

When you need to take a piss or shit, take your bicycle (or just walk) to the nearest public restroom.

Bring phone charger to public place with outlets, charge their.

If you space them out enough, you can get a lot of mileage from your showers.

Bring empty water bottles to public place. Fill them up at public water fountain (you can do this at parks during the summer time to do it without raising suspicion.
>>
"dont wash your jeans until you can literally smell your own balls stench through them. They will last much longer." - Tommy Hilfger
>>
>>1565833
This is actually a good list but the whole going out of your way to charge a phone or take a shit is a bit more wasteful in the long run, unless you live relatively close to those points.
>>
>>1565611
I don't want fucking chunks of crap in my shower.
>>
>>1565922
I never wash my pants. They dont begin to smell tho
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.