[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holding companies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: buffett.jpg (109KB, 1630x955px) Image search: [Google]
buffett.jpg
109KB, 1630x955px
How would someone go about starting and growing a holding company, without already having millions of dollars?
>>
Why would you need millions of dollars? Just start a company and let that company also start a company and done.
>>
>>1564791
Wouldnt you need money for the second company to actually do something?
>>
>>1564797
You don't need to do anything. It's just a legal structure.
>>
>>1564800
My knowledge of holdings might be wrong then. How do they make money?
>>
>>1564895
by having their daughter companies pay out their profits as dividends.

a true holding is not commercially active itself and does not generate any additional profits.

you use them to consolidate profits and losses across different companies, to provide a more attractive package for investors or to excert control in an easy way.
>>
>>1564900
Pretty much what i thought.

OP rephrase: How does anon1 go about starting a holding, without the assets to buy stakes in other companies or the assets to start its own companies?
>>
>>1564911
You just need to register two companies and have one be the shareholder of the second

there's no point to it but if you want a holding company for whatever reason, you would then have one
>>
>>1564914
So basically unless you already have money to invest, theres no point?
>>
>>1564921
no, it's just that your question is meaningless

I'm not sure what you think a holding company is or does, or why you'd want one.
>>
>>1564921
Why would you want one if you don't have the means to create or buy a profitable company?
What do you think a holding company is for?
>>
isn't it for the sake of being taxed at the corporate rate as an individual investor?
>>
>>1565410
Capital gains rate (taxes that an individual investor would pay) is roughly 20% in the US currently. The corporate tax rate however, is currently averaged at roughly 35% in the US. The only benefit this would present would be a complex use of tax shelters for people in upper tax brackets.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.