[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>been saving up for afew weeks so I can invest money >finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-10-13-14-35-24.png (51KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-13-14-35-24.png
51KB, 540x960px
>been saving up for afew weeks so I can invest money
>finally put my first 100$ in this morning based on biz advice
>already lost money
The market is nothing but a meme
Pic related
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-13-14-35-50.png (57KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-13-14-35-50.png
57KB, 540x960px
This is my portfolio
Roast me
>>
You should have dropped that money into one share of Disney and one share of JC Penney. Disney would net you $20 by the end of the year. JC Penny might be total shit, but it's only $8 per share and apparently it's going to turn things around.
>>
>>1564540
Portfolios arnt judged on one day. Try one year at the least. Daytrading is different but you dont have the capital to squeeze profit out of volume
>>
>>1564540

I'm in a similar boat too.

Put down two thousand on a petroleum extraction and production company that just had an IPO a couple days ago. They slipped a little bit today and I'm already freaking.

For my sanity, think I just need to delete the Vanguard app and only once a few times a year.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/first-oil-gas-ipo-in-2-years-is-winner-1476307444
>>
>>1564704
It's often a bad idea to invest into an IPO on day one. Try to wait at least 6 months until the market properly values the company and the share price stabilises.

As i understand it, IPOs are designed to make maximum money for the company owners and the investment bankers advising them. Their aim is to offload the stock from the financiers to the retail market quickly. If the shares are overvalued, they make more money.

Keep up to date with company news and how it affects the share price. But don't panic and sell out unless the underlying reasons for making your investment have changed.

It's a long game, aim to hold for 5 years+.
>>
>>1564545

dat 1 share.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.