[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you renting to section8 housing? Afraid of helping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: JHY-8-03-14---A-13.jpg (108KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
JHY-8-03-14---A-13.jpg
108KB, 640x427px
Why aren't you renting to section8 housing? Afraid of helping out struggling refugees? Scared of all the cash you'll be raking in?
>>
I don't have the initial capital to buy property.
>>
>>1564349
Because I know basically nothing about it. Can't be involved in every scheme.
>>
because I want to not be raped
>>
>>1564349
I hate non whites duh
>>
Because as a landlord you are responsible for everything. A nigger's degenerate kid punched holes in every wall. You fix it. The lazy Mexican complains about a water leak every other month and calls a plumber but is never home when the plumber comes by. You pay for it. The roof has a leak and nobody tells you for months. You fix it. They don't mow the grass and the city does it because it's 3ft tall. You get the bill.
>>
>>1564437
This
>>
>>1564349
There's an old Jew trick all immigrant groups do
Move into an area, & deliberately be shitty tenants so the area devalues. They then buy up huge amounts of properties with foreign money and do a 12 months turnaround.

Congratulations you just sacrificed long term capital growth for short term cashflow.
All the profit of long term property ownership you literally just gave away to a group of strangers

Good work spastic
>>
>>1564437
Sadly this. Though you have section 8 housing what is considered nice neighborhoods. If you are a poor judge of character you can still end up with shitty tenants. Not to mention as a landlord under Section 8 you have to follow a shit load of red tape and bureaucracy. Having to fill out forms them check to see if said form is processed, it gets denied or put on hold until the tenants do their paper work which hold up your payment from Uncle Sam, and the tenant doesn't like to do shit until last minute.
It's not easy money in any sense. You'd have to have an account set aside just for all the wear and tear.
>>
>>1564939
Yep. Only real benefit is that you don't have to worry about tenants not paying their rent on time.
>>
>>1564989
Well it depends. You have some cases where the housing authority will let a tenant into a house that's above their voucher's pay range. If they get disability or live with other people who are able to work but not afford a place of their own the housing authority will allow them to pay the difference. So the landlord will get paid from the government but will have to deal with the tenants to get the rest.
>>
I've done Sec8 for a long while, it was actually ok. But I'm pretty good at screening tenants.

I sold the units when they went up in value, though, so now I have less money tied up in rentals.

I certainly don't seek Sec8 properties out, though, anymore, since the management firms I work with generally go for higher-end places with less repair costs.

Plus, appreciation is better on them, even though, yes, you shouldn't buy for appreciation alone.
>>
>>1564437
If the tenant causes the damage you can bill them for it. If they don't pay for it start the eviction process asap.
>>
>>1564349
I tired since my father dose it. He nigger proofs the property as much as possible. He must have had good tenants over the past 20 years since there was never any atrocious damage - even when he tried to evict someone.

The redtape isn't that hard. Only retards can't figure that part out. I have two issues though.
1. I live in a tenant friendly state. If they lose section 8 or I want them out, I literally cannot - even if they don't pay. The courts side with them every time because kids.
2. Attempted to purchase property and put money in to fix it up. The problem is that 20% down is required despite my flawless credit and high income. In addition they won't lend you money for repairs. So you have to either put up alot of your own capital or find something turn key. Turn keys are typically equivalent to putting 30-35% down on a cheaper property and doing the work. Ironically with my high income and for the amount of effort, it isn't worth it. One could lie on a multi family and say they live in it in order to put only 5-10% down, but I don't want to mess with lies when attempting to reap section 8 benefits. Many cheaper properties are loaded with lead paint and asbestos that's merely covered up. I don't need some nig nog eating lead paint that their din du nuffin's mom's baby daddy's shack then coming saying they got it from my place.

I'll go off the rails a bit, but this is a sign that monetary policy can only increase the money supply so much in the face of restrictive rules. I have great credit and a great income and still have trouble borrowing money that would make sense despite the low interest rate.
>>
>>1566154
And then you're stuck with vacancy and repairing it. You just played yourself
>>
Im in bay area....
Section 8 is non-existant
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.