[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I Buy a House

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: house-0.png (319KB, 602x363px) Image search: [Google]
house-0.png
319KB, 602x363px
I paid off my student loans this year, I own my car (paid off too), I have no outstanding debts and last I checked, a decent credit score. But I have very little renter's history and only make about 30k a year right now. My gf works but only part time right now, combined household income scratches a bit above 40k/yr.

Can we afford a house, and more importantly, SHOULD we get one? Currently renting from a family member and not happy about the arrangement but apartments in our area are shit and I feel like i'd be throwing money into a burning pit...
>>
>>1563237
How long have you been with your girlfriend? You two could break up and you would likely end up paying the loan alone.
>>
If you want to tether your ass to a piece of property that nobody will probably want to buy once you're ready to sell.
>>
>>1563237
>we
Fucking stop right there.

"We" aren't doing shit. Do you really want to pay a mortgage on a place you don't live anymore? Buy the house by yourself when you can afford it or when you fully pussy out and marry the chick. At least then you'll have to have a judge split up the mortgage when you get divorced.
>>
>>1563247

Going on eight years, lived together almost half of that. We are pretty serious but playing it very safe w/r/t marriage and this.

>>1563249

Is this worse than being denied by renters even in crap areas because of the required monthly income? Ours is x3, x5 wuth roommates or co-signers. Below 1k/mo is considered cheap..

I like the region im in but the cost of living is becoming steadily worse while quality also drops.
>>
>>1563255

Ya'll seem very negative about this, but point taken. I dont really want to pay a mortgage at all, i wss fine with apartment living myself, but i dont relush the idea of findung a new one every few years or psying out the nose for a shitty floor plan.
>>
Consider the possibility that women wait for an opportunity to financially fuck men up out of spite. I know you're in LOVE etc. Just consider maybe 1% truth of woman harboring resentment over the years and she gets a chance to really twist the knife. 1% truth. Maybe 0.5% truth to it? Are you rich? Can you afford to get FUCKED financially?
>>
>>1563277
>worrying about a 1% risk
dont think you belong on this board, wagecuck
>>
>>1563237

DO NOT BUY A HOUSE WITH A GIRLFRIEND
>>
>>1563237
Gosh Op. Never listen to those virgins.
It depends on how much the house should cost.
Everything below 120k-150k might be a good decision.
Since your relationship seems stable, give it a try.
Start looking out for a starter home. I'm talking working class suburban neighbourhood within 5 miles of your employer.
Living with a good woman actually saves money in the long run ( only if both of you aren't morons)
I think mr money mustache had some good house shopping articles.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.