[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi everyone. I am wondering what is the most I can expect if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Investment.jpg (6KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
Investment.jpg
6KB, 270x187px
Hi everyone. I am wondering what is the most I can expect if I invest 50k into a low risk stock/fund/investment? I'm hoping to get around 5k a year, but I understand if it isn't possible.
>>
>>1563069

>10% returns a year

alright buddy
>>
>>1563072
Yeah, I guess that's not reasonable. What do you think I can expect?
>>
>>1563072

that's not the worst part

> 10% return
> low risk

pick one buddy
>>
>>1563082
Okay, so is 5% more reasonable?
>>
File: superior_ham1.png (765KB, 598x596px) Image search: [Google]
superior_ham1.png
765KB, 598x596px
>>1563093
7% is a solid return
>>
>>1563093
Just buy a low-risk, steady stock that pays a dividend..
>>
>>1563198
This.

There are a number of high-dividend stocks that maintain themselves between 7%-11% depending on the market. Cheap ones too. You can still manage close to your 5k - just be sure to diversify.
>>
>>1563198
No diversification?

OP, what kind of account is this? Will you be spending the profits or reinvesting?
>>
>>1563731
I will be reinvesting constantly.The only time I will spend the money is in the case of an emergency.
>>
2 years ago I got roughly 50k inheritance. I've been aiming to double that in 10 years (I was 19 when I received the 50k) with relatively low effort. Reinvesting and getting a steady return of 8-9% annually, overshooting my 7% target so I'm happy with the results so far.

Like a couple of anons said: low risk, dividend paying stocks are the way to go. Just be sure to diversify and educate yourself. It's a lot of fun once you get into it, and really rewarding.
>>
>>1563069
low risk: 2-4%
high risk: 6-8%
insane risk: 12%+

rule number 1: don't invest into anything you don't fully understand. do you know what stock actually is? do you know the companies you're investing in? do you know the difference between stocks, bonds, and various types of funs? do you fully understand that past performance does not indicate future performance?

rule number 2: diversify. *never* bet all your money on one horse.

rule number 3: only invest money you can stomach to lose.

rule number 4: no such thing as a free lunch, no such thing as passive income. the riskier your investment the more time and effort you have to spend babysitting it.

as a beginner i can't recommend you invest large sums directly into individual stocks or bonds. a fund should be more your speed. it has built in diversification which mitigates your risks. classic funds have a fund manager and a topic, so you pick the direction and general risk profie and a (more or less competent) pro handles the finer details. management of course costs money, which lowers your profits. ETFs are computer-managed funds. they can only follow the market (like a certain index for instance), but they have much lower fees.

familiarize yourself with funds. maybe put 20k into bond funds and 30k into stock funds/ETFs.
>>
>>1563069
If you put it into commercial real estate, you'll get your 7% return without needing the intelligence and attention to detail of shares.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.