[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dropshipping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Anybody running a dropshipping business?
Is it worth starting one? Pros and Cons?
>>
>>1562485
It was good in 2010. Now it's very hard to find a niche that hasn't been capitalized on yet. Competition is fierce and you'll have no control over managing your product to make it better than the competition, so you'll be competing with others mainly on price and customer service.

That's just a slippery slope. You can make money, but it's not worth the time at all.
>>
There will be competition in everything. I think the trick would be to have a nice store with very unique domain.
>>
>>1562513
So it's better to create a product and sell it? A product that somebody needs (relieve pain) or a trinket that's cool (etsy stuff, fun thing to have)?
>>1562851
What do you mean with "nice store and unique domain."?
>>
My friend started drop shipping airboards to customers in my country, and he made bank from it.

He is skilled, but I also think he was very lucky to hear about the idea before most of my country had heard about it, so his company became one of the national top providers.

For my friend it was definitely worth it, he made enough money to be able to live off for a while whilst thinking of new startup ideas.
>>
Over saturation of the internet is a lie that competitors tell you in order to stop you before you ever begin.
Those people are pic related.
If your niche is good, the money is good.
If your niche is shit, the money is shit.
The product, and however many competitors have identical ones, don't matter.
It's all about perceived value and how you market yourself.

I have two up and running.
I just launched my most recent one about two months ago.
Currently profiting $1k/month on it with only about 5 hours a week maintenance.
Older one has been open for about 8 months and is pulling in a little less than $3k profit per month. (Same amount of maintenance.)
Only use FB ads to drive traffic. I don't worry about SEO or any of that.

Oh and, despite what /biz/ will tell you, competition is a good thing.
It means people are buying what you are selling.
>>
>>1564716

Do you sell from your own website or amazon/ebay?

Do you have any resources where to begin?
>>
so basically drop shipping is buying bulk from supplier, store the merchandise in warehouse and sell?
>>
>>1564760
That's exactly what dropshipping is not and you'd know it if you'd at least googled the term.
>>
File: 1451715788947.png (248KB, 754x353px) Image search: [Google]
1451715788947.png
248KB, 754x353px
>>1564741
>Do you sell from your own website or amazon/ebay?
My own websites.
>Do you have any resources where to begin?
YouTube must have a million free step-by-step guides on this.
I just watched a few, but mostly I learn by doing.
I built my sites from scratch since this is just a side hobby for me and I wanted the programming experience.
If you want to do it the hard way like I did then start learning your programming stack of choice over at code academy.
Otherwise there are pre-made platforms like shopify, woocomerce, etc.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.