[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, Got a work interview tommorow for a great job. I got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey /biz/,
Got a work interview tommorow for a great job.
I got the interview through a recruiter that handed me a interview prep sheet.

I've got the experience and quite a few selling points that I've listed accordingly with the sheet.

However, the interview sheet is asking me to name one weakness I've overcome and I'm drawing a complete blank. I know some of my weaknesses for sure, I often procrastinate for one. That would be a red flag though.

What's a good reply should I encounter this question?
>>
Humble yourself but show confidence in your value as a potential employee. Employers want someone who can be humble when it counts, but still confident enough to know when they are right.

i.e tell a story about when you were wrong (but it wasn't your fault and you did nothing wrong) and you had to humble yourself and or your team in order to save it.
>>
>>1559621
Sounds good. That gave me an idea just now actually. Got any more suggestions?
>>
>>1559629

Delegating? Trying not to do everything yourself?
>>
>>1559652
I've never really been in a high enough position of power to do that.
>>
"I'm too critical on my own work, I always seem to look down at my own work and know it can have improvements (it's never good enough) but when I look at it from the outside everyone else commends me on my work ethic and quality of work. I've started looking at it more openly and have realized it's not the total end of the world.
>>
>>1559661
Nice, that's perfect!
>>
This is the #1 easiest question to nail.
> I used to get too caught up in doing work the way I thought it should be in my head. I was kind of a perfectionist, I guess, teehee.
> The problem was I would sometimes miss deadlines because I would have rather missed deadlines than turn in a subparticular product.
> I realized I was over stretching and my coworkers were suffering, so while I still want to make the best possible product, I make sure to include my team so that we can decide as a group where the majority of the work should go so that we can meet our deadlines while still releasing a great product.

This is for any job that has any kind of product. If you have no product based experience:

> I used to try and do everything myself
> Then I learned to ask for help
>>
>>1559694
It's for a content writing job so it's perfect as well!
>>
>>1559694

jesus fuck I wish I had said this a year ago
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.