[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BRICS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: BRICS.jpg (12KB, 341x148px) Image search: [Google]
BRICS.jpg
12KB, 341x148px
Was BRICS just a meme to shill investors into investing in China?

I mean this in the context of:
-South Africa falling apart with rampant corruption
-Brazil falling apart with the burst in commodities
-Russia falling apart with being economically isolated
-China being one big bubble waiting to be popped
-India nowhere close to being a superpower by 2020
>>
>>1557856

Yes it was literally a meme
>>
Of course it was a meme. The guy analyzed *past* performance and singled out 5 countries.
>>
>>1558051
Wait actually? I haven't read into the selection process, but are you seriously telling me that some fag looked at the past of a few country and without accounting for things like political instability, market forces, and diminishing marginal returns/catch-up effect, literally duped half of international relations majors into believing a new power bloc would rival NATO/Northeast Asia?

Sounds like the greatest shitpost in history.
>>
>>1557856
It's just a butthurt group formed mainly by unequal geopolitical powers with varying ideologies to induce pain to IMF, this won't work because Russia is ded, China will be ded, SA is already ded, Brazil is corrupt and will be also ded. India is anomaly, but it can die if Pakistan which is unironically supported by bother US and China tries to bomb India. Current situations can easily escalate, as Pakistan keeps sending terrorists into India.

t. Indian armchair analyst.
>>
>>1558224
Any alliance that groups together China and India seems a bit autistic to me

And it seems like the commodity consumers (China, India) would have a different agenda than the commodity producers (Russia, South Africa, Brazil).
>>
>>1558219
What selection process? It was an 8 page paper written by the chairman of Goldman Sachs that coined BRIC as oppostion to G7 which only later turned into an actual summit (which South Africa joined later on). You can read it online:
goldmansachs.com/our-thinking/archive/building-better.html

It's all built on "trends" and assumptions that the "current paths" continue. He basically admits that the four countries have nothing in common and he doesn't even consider political risks (apart from mentioning high risks in G7 to better sell his idea of BRIC).
>>
>>1558309
I meant how they determined what nations went into BRICS.

So essentially, from what I've gathered from this thread, BRICS does not have the economic clout to contest G7 and only Russia and China have the military clout to be a thorn in the side of NATO/NE Asia.

Even with Russia, we could easily cream them in a conventional war. It's just the nukes that are in the way, so that's really their only point of legitimacy (Not trying to demean them or anything, having the world's largest nuclear arsenal is a pretty big claim to fame).
>>
>>1558219
Its not that they're going to rival Asia/NATO but that theyre going to start making bilateral agreements with one another as a way to BYPASS THE PETRODOLLAR
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.