[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The "Education" Jew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: 1472825979518.jpg (313KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1472825979518.jpg
313KB, 1500x1100px
>I got my X degree in Y with the intention of getting job Z, and it turned out...

Fill this in for yourself, faggots, and let other anons learn from it.
>>
>>1557296
>I got my degree in Communications with the intention of
>getting an easy major that had nothing to do with an entertainment career and
>it worked out great, made a bunch in business and retired, no one looked at my GPA or activities, ever.
>>
>>1557296
>I got my Masters in Physics with the intention of getting my PhD. It turns out that I'm a hell of a business intelligence analyst.
>>
>I got my masters in Business Administration and bachelors in Communication with the intention of starting as a salesman in a company and working my way up into am executive position. Turns out you really hit a wall going from a manager position into a corporate position.
>>
>>1557296
Why is this a stock image?
Who needs this stock image?
>>
>>1557620
kneepad sellers of course
>>
File: 5.png (497KB, 918x595px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
497KB, 918x595px
>>1557620
Why does anyone do anything?
>>
>>1557296
I fucked around in college part time for a year and I liked learning about things I like but there was so much bullshit and an average college degree salary is easy to earn on your own.....
>>
>>1557637
>nearly-naked pregnant woman holding her belly with one hand while using the other to slice a kiwi with a knife
Under what circumstance is this stock image useful or worth paying for?
>>
>>1557618
this is what terrifies me.
>>
>>1557649
because
> Capitalism *<:-D
>>
>>1557296
I went first year of collage, found it boring as fuck. Know I'm gonna be stuck with the shitty occupation the rest of my life. Quit. Best decision of my life.

>Don't study anything you find boring.
>>
bump, this thread may very well decide my future
>>
>>1559672
Sage

Like your future, this thread is doomed
>>
>>1557296
>International relations
>Getting into a big NGO cause i did my degree in Geneva
>Doing wealth management and run a factory
>>
>>1557618
you got a masters degree to become a salesman? hell you got a bachelors degree to be a salesman? kek man you must be on name to name basis with suicide hotlines employees
>>
I got my BSc degree in Maths with Stats with the intention of getting a comfy finance job, and it turned out I will fall into a major depression due to factors outside my control, completely fuck up my degree by not attending a whole year's exam session and having to delay it to the following year, settling for a shitty teacher's job for two years and now finally getting a Master's offer and starting the course trying to unfuck the last 5 years in 1 year, while posting on 4chan for anxiety management.
>>
>>1557296

I got my
non degree
in nowhere
with the intention of
not been fucked over
and it turned out
GREAT
>>
I got my finance degree with the intention of being a wall street millionaire and it turned out that I'm too autistic to deal with people. I'm a programmer now, making okay money and doing pretty well investing on my own.
>>
File: 1473820103953.jpg (199KB, 870x776px) Image search: [Google]
1473820103953.jpg
199KB, 870x776px
>>1557296
I got my BS in Mechanical Engineering with the intention of getting a cozy job away from the hectic aerospace industry (which I grew up with), and it turned out that aerospace is the only well-paying job in my hometown.

Currently wageslaving for Airbus while working on an MS in Aerospace Engineering. I want to kill myself every day.
>>
Do any of you guys know what a BS in Health Information Management would entail? I looked it up but the OOH is vague as possible

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm

I have no interests and I don't know what to do. I just know I want a decent quality life. ($40k to $60k)
>>
>I got my degree in IT with a focus in cybersecurity (also got dem certs).
>internship
>Got a job doing information security and anaylsis. (tfw college isn't a meme if you don't go into a bullshit undesirable major)
>I enjoy being a yuppie
>>
>>1557296
>got a bsc in comp sci with the intention of not being unemployed, and it turns out it's easy as fuck to get a job with comp sci

>got a bsc in mechanical engineering with the intention of running high tech hardware startups, and it turns out it's hard as petrified shit.
>>
>>1560604
I am just about to finish school for Computer Science and want to get into IT and cybersecurity. I'm too autistic to ask any of my professors because I don't know any that teach something other than software eng.

Where do I begin with learning about this stuff?
>>
File: 1449427466990.jpg (51KB, 604x550px) Image search: [Google]
1449427466990.jpg
51KB, 604x550px
>>1557296
>that fucking image

I've been hearing jokes about kneepads for a year now and never knew what it meant.
>>
>>1560652

go to a school of applied science.
>>
>>1560674

it's the biz equivalent of sci's engineer meme. sort of. same connotations.
>>
>>1559781
You got this.
>>
>>1560674
you're a dull kid, Billy.
>>
>>1559698
Right out of high school I got my bachelors in Business Administration and Communication, because my young self thought "well if I have a full ride why not double major?" After I got the management position I went back to school to get my masters.
>>
>>1557296
...and it turned out I did.
>>
>>1560572

Shit, that sounds similar to what I might go through. Are you at least making good money?
>>
>>1557296
I got my degree in Sociology with the intention of doing social work but ended up just self teaching myself and being a web developer. Life's alright.
>>
>>1557296
Got a BA in Japanese language and culture. You now think I am retarded.

I wanted to work as an English teacher in Japan, to secure a long term visa and eventually citizenship. Needed a degree in literally anything to apply, and the Japanese degree taught me the language and culture. Cost me 17k but I got to spend enough time studying here that I didn't have to get used to a new job and new country at the same time.

I fit in well here while less prepared foreigners start twitching out one month in. Get enough to save a lot and will slowly start buying houses to rent to coworkers.
>>
>>1558186
You have to study things you find boring. I think law is boring but I would be an idiot to get into business and pretend law doesn't exist.

Don't get a job doing something you find boring.
>>
>>1559683
bump

unlike this fag, I care about all my anons making it.

this faggot is an outsider.
>>
>>1557296
I got my Bachelors in Computer Science with the intention of getting a job at one of Google, Facebook, Microsoft, or Apple, and I got a job at Microsoft making ~120k a year total compensation in the great state of Washington with legal weed and no state income taxes, doing what I love.
>>
File: 1464479530165.png (308KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1464479530165.png
308KB, 512x512px
>>1560604

I'm returning to school to finish up a degree in exactly that field. What's your day-to-day like at the job?
>>
File: ikeepscreaming.jpg (60KB, 476x687px) Image search: [Google]
ikeepscreaming.jpg
60KB, 476x687px
>>1557296
I got my bachelor degree in Mech. Eng. with the intention of landing a consulting job or opening my own business, and it turned out i still don't have an internship cause Brasil is shit
>>
>>1557296

>law degree in Aus with the intention of being a lawyer
>don't get laid during uni or really have much fun at all but really love the degree, expecting a great job on the other end
>all the hot ditzes who barely scraped through got all the jobs
>>
>>1562230
More money than I have time to spend it with desu
>>
>>1557637
I think these kind of images just pray to become memes, so that many will buy this utterly useless picture
>>
Anyone here go into accounting?
>>
I went into Art History to intend on working at a museum but there weren't any jobs so I took a workshop at General Assembly and now work at Facebook. You gotta believe in yourself bros.
>>
>I got my Business admin BBA & MBA with the intention of getting job whatever, and it turned out...

I got an internship at a hedge fund because I was in the Air Force and now I'm a financial analyst for the CFO of a electronic parts distribution company
>>
>>1557637
Fetishes
>>
>>1557296
I got a comp Sci degree. Now making mobile apps for a buisness. 70k salary. It's alright straight outta college. Feeling like I might go back to school.
>>
>>1563434
Sure you did buckO show some proof.
>>
>>1557380
>>>1557296 (OP)
>>I got my Masters in Physics with the intention of getting my PhD. It turns out that I'm a hell of a business intelligence analyst.

Fellow BI here

You making good money? Considering switching to banking or something as I'm making shit money in a small tech company, but not sure if that's all BI jobs or just here
>>
>>1557296
>I got my bachelors in physics with the intent of getting a PhD and becoming a tech entrepreneur
>started my own software company at 19 (while being a student) and currently I'm focusing on that

I might go back and do a PhD at some point, just because I love science and technology and I want to work on things other than software
>>
>>1557296
>Got my degree in Accounting with the intent of working in tax compliance/lodging, and I ended up working in the Federal Tax authority for my country.
>>
>>1566012

you are the biggest cuck of all time
>>
>>1562281
just curious to see if i have the same id in the same thread two days after
>>
>>1563605
Dont worry my friend owns a restaurant in Canada and one of the dishwashers used to be a biomedical engineer from brasil. Keep working hard and maybe one day you can be like them :^)
>>
>>1557296
I got a BS degree in finance and ended up working as a financial analyst. Then I left and got a job doing linux tech support
>>
>>1557296
I got my BA in business management and my MA in history with the intention of teaching but having a business degree to fall back on.

I hate everything.
>>
>>1557296
got my fag education in biology with the intention of being a investment banker and it turned out im actually really smart and doubt my self
>>
>>1558186
Collage is a pleb tier medium. You should have moved on to oils or at least acrylic.
>>
I got my Bachelor degree in English literature with the intent of pursuing a doctorate but instead I now manage a bank and make more that I ever would have.
>>
>>1557296
>Got my bachelors in Applied Science (Mining Engineering) in October, 2014
>Did this with the intention of getting a job as a mining engineer or metallurgist

>Found work as a mill operator under the impression that it would lead to a job as a metallurgist
>3 months in, the mine shut down

>Worked part-time with an acquaintance of mine doing a feasibility report on a mine in Ireland
>Low wages
>Not-fun work
>No engineer to work under
>Gaining no new skills
>Left this job 4 months in after getting an offer from a civil firm

>Worked as an EIT at a civil engineering firm
>Designed septic fields, retaining walls, sized walls and beams, did some CAD stuff
>Great engineer to work under, flexible hours, not-great pay (50k/yr)
>9 months in got an offer from a metallurgical startup

>Working as a metallurgical EIT
>Company produces hyper-pure metals for semiconductor use (ie 99.99995% pure indium, 99.99999% pure antimony)
>I help a tech run and improve one process while designing processes to purify new metals/create new products/attain greater purity levels
>54k/yr, crazy flexible hours, fun work, great work experience
>Have been here for 7 months

All in all not too bad. I've had full-time work 66% of the time since graduation, and engineering- or mining-related work for about 80% of that time. I've gotten decent work experience, made OK money, and have done relatively well in comparison to my peer group. Not terrible for 24.
>>
>>1563434
My friend graduated in mining engineering with me and ended up working over there teaching English. Sounds like a lot of fun!

One pro of his route is he could potentially go back to being an engineer as a back-up plan.
>>
>>1566945
Why did a bank hire an English lit grad? I would have assumed they'd be more interested in hiring somebody with a background in mathematics or economics.

>not hating, just curious
>>
File: 1456359241608.jpg (36KB, 400x455px) Image search: [Google]
1456359241608.jpg
36KB, 400x455px
>>1557296
I got my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with the intention of getting a bullshit computer job, and it turned out everything went according to plan.
>>
>>1567965
The problem with that, I hear, is that once your out of the engineering field for a couple years, recruiters won't touch you anymore, unless you go back for a Master's first. You forget all that stuff that you learned pretty quickly.
>>
>I got my masters in criminology after a bachelors in communication
>with the intention of finding an easy masters degree to transfer into specialized writing or teaching in my general interest areas
>found out I really hate n[ot nice guys] after a barrage of statistics and research
>became one hell of a Deputy Chief of undisclosed city police department
>>
>>1557296
I thought those kneepads were for women who give blowjobs lol
>>
File: 1468630244158.png (521KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468630244158.png
521KB, 800x800px
>>1568188
You've earned those dubs, m8
>>
File: 1471370272835(2).png (711KB, 756x715px) Image search: [Google]
1471370272835(2).png
711KB, 756x715px
>>1564645
This. I need some advice on Accounting because I'm going to business school soon and I'm hoping to get a good career with plenty of room for promotion.
>>
I got an associates in science for Information Technology in Networking and work in a data center, I just started this new career path but I enjoy it a lot so far. Also I just bought my first stock yesterday :')
>>
Got my MBA and transitioned into MBB consulting. 150k+ base and healthy bonus, with great exit opps. Feels good man.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.