[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MAKE BIZ GREAT AGAIN - Stocks General Board (NO ROBUNH0oOD)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 19

File: Oil_1032016.png (85KB, 1037x509px) Image search: [Google]
Oil_1032016.png
85KB, 1037x509px
I am sick and tired of biz becoming the stomping ground for r9k users. Something fruitful
Criterias:
>>Anything below $3> do not list
>>NO dogcoins, bitcoins, shitcoins, trollcoins
>>It's ok to just provide a stock by itself without explanation but it would be highly appreciated
>>leave ebay flipping, or snarky comments on how better to use those funds out, we get it you get it, but we don't care and will stick to muh stocks
>>Leeching is fine AS long as it concern stocks, none of that poor pleb begging for entrepreneur ideas

That aside: Here's some of my assumptions:

Global consumer data is going to be dismal, will be seeing that sometimes November.

DB and DBK (worst offender) will not fail this year, we got shilled, time to move on

Energy might or might not also go up due WINTERISCOMINGHODOR with help of a strong dollar. And dollar will probably remain strong due I have a strong inclination that banks will sour their own data to force Yalen to chicken while Eurobucks, Yuan, will all slip various reason or the other. Yen is a joke -> . <-

Some of my current portfolio:
ORCL (Stable, the lack of volatility plus reasonable performance is a comfort stock for me)
XLE (ETF Oil, yes energy but we know it's oil, energy hype, I'm too insecure to not invest in) VDE (ETF Oil, same)

FRA:DBK (Fresh off the dead cat, going to dump soon, learner from DB:AG back September )
GSLC (GoldmanSachs Equity Frankenstein, volatile but surprisingly predictable, as always, sell before drop, duh)
CVX (Overvalued piece of crap, but running on hype, will sell soon)
>>
Oh. Also FOREX and to a lesser extent Options, but options is literally gambling, welcome. Will be sticking around to see the sites. But work calls.
>>
>>1556186
Hi, nice topic. regarding ORCL: Although they have bough a lot of companies they are like a mainframe company now. I have been working with their products since 2010 and me and all my colleagues are on the opinion that Microsoft is going to take their market share sooner or later. Of course for the next 4-5 years ORCL will remain the nr1 player in the industry.

My stocks currently:
SWX: VONN
TSE: TD
NYSE: FLO
NYSE: STNG
>>
BSMX ( mexican bank that rose today along with the peso. If you believe this contradicts the result of the debate maybe you should make a move.)

NFLX (got a downgrade from DB today. Compared to other banks DB is more of a hedge fund, and seeing how desperate they are to get investors back i would say that i trust their call. Keep note that i am short in DB)

TSLA ( Expect a rally until december and get ready to short. Loving the meme structure of this company.)

Twtr ( Massive gains on this little birdie. The snapchat IPO appears to have scared off buyers and brought down the stock 20% in 2 days. There will be attempts to show how live-sports can keep the company going but all in all server costs combined with very low NFL raitings this year do not bode well for this company. Curently i am waiting for a 14-15$ price, i am not suggesting you buy even then though.)
>>
>>1556186
I'm a student of the markets and I'm all for making /biz/ great again!

Questions for you OP
is your thread for fundamental analysis for buy and hold only?
what about other types of analysis such as price action based technical analysis, indicator based technical analysis, intermarket analysis, sentiment analysis, orderflow, tapereading, and metagame analysis?
what time frames are acceptable in this thread? position(3M+), swing(1W+), shortterm(1D-1W), and maybe even intraday trading?
>>
File: IMG_2130.png (70KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2130.png
70KB, 640x1136px
Long as fuck on solar, amd/nvidia, and lithium. Thinking mgt will become a crypto powerhouse if they don't go under first.
>>
>>1556402
Also lookout for Sungevity going public.
Apparently have a system to price your roof for solar using google maps.
>>
>>1556186

AAP - sector performs well during hard economic times, new management team, activist investors with great track record are involved, low debt, low volatility, there have been takeover rumors several times in the past, good margins, low pe ratio, conservative buy with lots of upside
>>
>>1556186
Looking at $STML just makes 52 week highs everyday, might be good to hold for 2 day swing, sell when RSI hits 80 or so.
>>
WFC looking to come back after the dip. 50 SMA could cross 200 SMA soon. If that happens chart analysis voodoo will kick in, I guess.

I looked a bit around in in their last 10q and some analysts forecast.

I can't approximate how much the accounting scandal will show up in their next report on Oct. 14 but the forecast consensus isn't all that ambitious. We could be in for a better-than-expected surprise.

Anyway, it seems to be a steal at this price.
>>
Also if looking for a good long term investment, get BEI or HEN3. Both Dax-Companies and known for steady gains and regular dividends. I think HEN3 payd dividendes for a hundred years or so in a row.

There was an article on Spiegel Online about inflation finally accelerating here in Europe and the latest CPI indicators pointed towards higher inflation as well. Of course, this could mean that ECB will tighten monetary policy, but since both companies are consumer staples their earnings won't be affected much by rising consumer prices.
>>
>>1556449

If forecasts interest you so much why not just go watch the weather channel?
>>
>>1556596

What's the matter? Traders react to them.
>>
>>1556607
what do you base your "big surprise" theory on.

WFC is in a world of shit, and John stumpf stepping down is the only bet you should be making if you're going long on this company.
>>
>>1556186
i told this to every fuckingbody in my investors club and I will tell you this now shorttwitter if anyone wants further explanation I wouldbe happy to give it.
>>
>>1556674

I'm listening anon
>>
>>1556645

I'm fairly optimistic that the markets overreacted to the scandal. It will be business as usual soon. See Volkswagen. The markets are fucking nuts.
>>
LSE:IQE - established UK tech company making advanced semiconductor wafers and supplying most of the mobile phone industry. Diversified into power supply and solar. Ripe for vertical acquisition IMO. Solid management and consistent yet low profitability.

LSE:TSCO - unloved contrarian share that is now bouncing back. Some accounts irregularities killed the share price recently and Buffet sold out, however it is the dominant market leader, has an enormous asset base and unrivaled market penetration. Fears about German discounters are overdone IMO.

DYOFR
>>
Anyone know much about the mining sector?
>>
>>1556700
the only reason wfc has not plummeted is because there's an election underway.

WFC is still too high in my opinion.
>>
>>1556705
It's volatile and I've lost big on a couple of miners.

Look at LSE:CEY - it's a small debt-free gold miner with massive potential. Good cash flow, excellent growth prospects and it's paying out dividends already. It's risky as there is an ongoing legal case that could kill the business. But - if you're willing to gamble - in the event of a victory, it will get rerated by the analysts and most probably get some institutional interest. DYOFR.
>>
>>1556747
is DYOFR some meme stock?
>>
>>1556402
What app are you using there?
>>
>>1556747
Thank's for the tips. I'll look into it.
>>
>>1556222
STNG will definitely hurt when European consumption for energy falls lower than expectations. It will probably head to new lows.
Havent looked into much on VONN, TD (can't find them on google). FLO is doing pretty well today, it's a long term loser (see YTD, you will have to convince me otherwise), but for short term, good for pump dumps.

>> Not sure too much about food market, as I specc'd mostly in energy, tech, utilities. But every time consumption data hits the market. Food market get hits worse than energy. And food stock in general performed worse off the last month. However I asked a fellow trader for a random food quote. He suggested ADM, Archer-Midland Co. You will have to do the researching yourself as he did not provide anymore data other than it's a good buy at next low, I'm afraid
>>
>>1556751
;)
>>
>>1556261
BSMX was decently hedged, since most every knows DJ Trump will make an ass of himself at the debate and will "- to -" lose. Might as well go in to FOREX

NFLX, Yes it's at a high. All signs indicate it will keep falling, maybe losing all of its October gains, current headline says CEO Netflix say China entry no good, but I'm getting weird signals on daily & monthly buy/sell <see link>. The Short in DB is fine. they can only put it off for so long, hell I dunno, but as stated not until sometimes next year
<http://www.investing.com/equities/netflix,-inc.>

TSLA Dunno about. Hear crying about it mid August. Feel like it's overvalued. Consumer data this Falls going to hit it like a bitch.

Twtr is utter cancer, My prejudice prevents me from giving you any helpful details other than that it and FB has defied investor expectations. I would do more research, but I hate it.
>>
>tfw them DBK gainz
>>
>>1556392
shortterm (1D-1W), no intraday. I'd stick with fundamentals so that even the thickest of ridgebrows would be able to follow a train of thought.

However don't let me discourage you. Just explain how, why market forcast may shift. And unless you plan to right individual report on respective markets. A summary analysis is more than sufficient.
>>
>>1556402
NVIDIA/ AMD stable atmo. I just don't trust their data and have kept out of them for the most part. Lithium is going down atmo, consumer data november hits will take it down further, good time to buy in then. It will rise back up, that's excepting nothing else like the Samsung batteries causes it to be dumped en masse again.

>> I do not currently own them or have trade in them for the past 2 1/2 years. So take my ramblings with a large grain of salt.
>>
>>1556198
>options is literally gambling

Options provides the best way available to manage risk. Please leave this board and go back to r9k until you read a single Investopedia entry
>>
>>1556449

Yes. Agreed. Both a strong performing dollar. And the fact that even with the 1 year ban by Chicago, I think we saw the end of the group lawsuit. They took advantage of double jeopardy clause came clean on 3 or 4 quarters earnings, got a tap on the wrist. Financially they are solid, sitting n massive piles of liquid if I'm not mistaken. Just in Interest from their reserves alone turn a decent profit every quarter, as long as their renewed forays into European derivatives doesnt come bite them in their asses again they should be fine.

Good catch anon. I'm buying in tomorrow as soon as markets reopen.
>>
>>1556584
No idea for those. Even after reading upon them I have nothing. Explain please or sell me
>>
>>1556940
Other than long straddle as hedge, I have begun to steer clear of it. Mostly if the risk for a stock is too great I stay clear of it. That's why I don't have bouncees like XOM. And I have found to my delight I don;t need to use the straddles quite as often
>>
BTW, since you tilted me
>> "It's risky as there is an ongoing legal case that could kill the business. But - if you're willing to gamble - in the event of a victory, it will get rerated by the analysts and most probably get some institutional interest. DYOFR"
You do not convince me at all that you can manage risk well. And or at least steer clear of it.
>>
>>1556186
nigger wat, why don't u like make a discord or something
>>
>>1556963
Also
>>Gold

Someone donate me a laughing meme for this
>>
>>1556963
I've chosen to accept the risk that institutional investors must avoid. That's my "edge" on this share. There is a lot of political back story that I'm not typing out, but i consider the odds of victory are good. I'm 100% up already, and it's a personal favourite of mine.

It's my own money at stake and I'm investing over 5yrs+, not trading.

Thanks for making this thread and trying to improve /biz/.
>>
>>1556998
Now you're just coming across as an aspie.

Do some research before you offer judgement. You appear biased and slightly emotional. You do not convince me that you have the right mindset for a successful trader.
>>
>>1557052
refer>>>>1556940
>>
current long positions:

Imagination technologies (IMG:Lon) GPU IP supplier to apple iphones, ipads. Unloved, but clearly an acquisition target due to consolidation in semiconductor space.

HSBC: Perfect dollar hedge (Im in UK) that has gone up 50% in last 4 months and yielded a 7% divi before brexit.

GSK: Consumer healthcare play. Perfectly diversified pharma company. Pipeline looks a bit shit, but well placed for EM. Currently sitting on 5% gain, but this is purely GBP depreciation driven and not sentiment.

Rolls royce: bought this when an activist investor stepped in and upped its stake. was down one time almost 20% on position when it touched 500p, now just about breakeven at 770p. Good play on growing airplane demand and travel.

SBIO: Nasdaq biotech index tracker fund. Biotech enthusiasm is cylical, and its due a rebound. currently sitting on 10% gain.

Glencore: Price of copper/oil/agri set to go up as input prices go up in USD. leveraged play on commodity recovery, but has done a solid job of deleveraging. Am carrying a 300+% return on current holdings in this stock.

Long ishares Mexico etf, Turkey etf and Brazil etf. Brazil is my favourite EM play, companies are ridiculously well capitalised and cash rich and trading near book or below book value.

Short:

Valeant -> this piece of shit has an altmann z score of like 0.13 and will probably go under in the next five years. I buy OTM puts on this every other quarter from dividend proceeds on the offchance it dies an early death.

salesforce.com: biz model based on pants gnomes. If you pay everyone in stock options, whats your company really worth?

mallinckrodt: Bought questcor, which sells some pig based snake oil medicine. Waiting for them to write down that shit and take a big hit.
>>
>>1556761
Robinhood
>>
Long Autozone, O'reilly Automotive, Intercontinental Exchange, Nasdaq OMX, CME Group, Visa, MasterCard, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Home Depot, Amazon, Disney, Verizon, and Wall Mart.

They all have great economics working for them, have reasonable long term debt, and excellent growth prospects.
>>
File: 1469443940787.jpg (53KB, 613x487px) Image search: [Google]
1469443940787.jpg
53KB, 613x487px
>>1557103
Brazilian here.
Give me the tips to get rich in this land.
>>
File: pjw_cropped.jpg (39KB, 520x295px) Image search: [Google]
pjw_cropped.jpg
39KB, 520x295px
>TWTR tfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDp7SXhqC5g
>>
Anyone write your own trading algorithms?
>>
Why is robinhood not allowed?

Also, /biz/ needs a sticky for beginning investing for poor fags and non-poor fags - can anyone point to a good/easy place to get into investing for a non-poor fag?
>>
>>1557373
T

R

Y
r

k
>>
Any toughts on IMAX, this years movie season was pretty shitty but I feel next year will have a better movie lineup and bring in some decent earnings. In the meantime they've been expanding and opening new theaters.
>>
>>1557373
>Why is robinhood not allowed?
Because it's so powerful, and such a great deal, only the best trading firms use it.
>>
Lmao are you guys actually shorting DB?
>>
STX - Looks good to at least $40 and the div pretty sweet
WDC - Same as STX but to mid $60s
USO - looks like it's bottom out so should be a good buy now
UNG - It bottom out a few months ago but should still be good until at least $15
CCJ - uranium is at all time low
>>
>>1556198
>options is literally gambling
And I'm being literally triggered right now. Options can be used to manage risk, and defend your stock positions in price downturns with covered calls. Cash secured puts are also a great way to add to positions.
>>
>>1557344
I'm working on building an algo robo adviser with a friend of mine, another coder, and a HFM actually. Looking at setting up an LLC soon.
>>
>Anything below $3> do not list

Many good stocks used to be below $3. In '98 Amazon was $1.50. The fact that you judge a stock based on its price shows you're kind of clueless about this kind of thing.

>NO dogcoins, bitcoins, shitcoins, trollcoins
I never read those threads, but someone must.

>It's ok to just provide a stock by itself without explanation but it would be highly appreciated

I disagree. If you have no explanation or reason, don't bother posting the symbol. Personally, I won't take it seriously. I don't know how anyone could.

>leave ebay flipping, or snarky comments on how better to use those funds out, we get it you get it, but we don't care and will stick to muh stocks

Agreed.

>Leeching is fine AS long as it concern stocks, none of that poor pleb begging for entrepreneur ideas

Eh, it's 4chan.
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 503x416px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 503x416px
A $30million Pharma company loses an international patent deal and its stock plummets. After continuing to drop gradually for a month, the stock begins to level out and has just began to gain ever so slightly.

Good time to buy?
>>
>>1556186

/biz/ was never great you nigger, it was literally created as a containment board to get the shitcoin threads of /g/ and /pol/
>>
XXII
EKSO
>>
File: bmy_dd.png (111KB, 1245x490px) Image search: [Google]
bmy_dd.png
111KB, 1245x490px
>>1557816
looks like BMY
>>
>>1557854
ACR, Australian stock market.
>>
Hello Sir's. How are your Grandpa Growth stocks doing?
>>
File: acr_dd.png (131KB, 1267x723px) Image search: [Google]
acr_dd.png
131KB, 1267x723px
>>1557869
Looks dead to me, you'd be fighting the trend hoping this goes up
>>
>>1557566
>In '98 Amazon was $1.50

"In May, 1997, Amazon went public at $18 per share in an IPO that valued the company at around $438 million" - Google

So.....they lost over 90% of their stock price in the next year, huh?
>>
>>1556186

Trumpcoin.
>>
>>1557896
Is the philosophy of "Once you hit rock bottom the only place to go is up." not applicable to stock markets?
This company has a lot of capital behind it right now.
>>
>>1556186
Have fun with your .08% gains that won't even cover commissions.
>>
>>1557933
Yes and no. It's a specialty within finance called distressed equity. Energy stocks during the February oil crash would fall under this for instance. If it genuinely is able to navigate that environment, it will be worth 1000% over what the distressed company is trading for at it's worst moment. CHK went from 1.8 in Feb to 6.5 now. Its risky, and requires significant amounts of DD, but it is worth it if it goes your way.
SHLD is heading towards distressed equity territory, but I don't have much faith in it being able to turn around, so I'm short.
>>
>>1557934
Why so salty?
Do you think OP's thread is not worthwhile?
Or you don't like his picks? If so, why?
>>
File: 1467262143110.jpg (10KB, 237x192px) Image search: [Google]
1467262143110.jpg
10KB, 237x192px
>>1556186

Buy bitcoin
>>
>>1557972
just did
>>
File: 1472545430658.jpg (618KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472545430658.jpg
618KB, 1920x1080px
Invest in TrumpCoin! It's going to moon lads.
>>
If any euros are reading this, what's the best online trader to use that gives access to the EU markets?

I'm an expat in the Netherlands at the moment and my cuck government wants me to pay capital gains on any trade made in Australia, so I'm shifting to the london exchange.

Degrio looks very amateur, I'm looking at Lynx now
>>
POT coin just dipped. Perfect time to buy
>>
File: 1475774144497.jpg (745KB, 2142x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1475774144497.jpg
745KB, 2142x3000px
Good thread OP i hope we keep it alive as a general thread in the future

Im real fed up with the faggots that took over robinhood general and i need a good stock talk thread. Like these retards who would rather buy some literal pump n dump scam and make 20% gains in a day only to lose 50% the next

>>1557872
>>1557934
>>
>>1558294
It's inevitable. There's too many people who are just looking for some get-rich-quick-scheme and in the process, it turns out that it's really just other people getting rich off of them. They're also enamored with owning a numerically high amount of shares of something because they think it makes a difference in how much money they stand to make if the stock goes up.
>>
>TWLO
looks like the pump is finally over
im buying this dip btw for short term scalping...

>PANW
why this dropped so hard today i dont know
im buying this dip too for long term swing
>>
>>1558791
god damn these were good calls
right when they both started to rebound
>>
>>1558163
Lynx makes use of Interactive brokers for the actual trading. You should take a look at them and see what's best for you. Lynx is slighty more expensive but have their own trading tools and customer support. I haven't used either of them so i won't be able to answer any questions.
>>
best trader to use in canada?

i have a bank account with TD so i was probably going to use theirs, just want to hear other anons opinion
>>
>>1557103
>Glencore: Price of copper/oil/agri set to go up as input prices go up in USD. leveraged play on commodity recovery, but has done a solid job of deleveraging. Am carrying a 300+% return on current holdings in this stock.

Nice work, I was tempted to buy in when all that drama happened last year, only I didn't have the time for research back then. Plus I got burned on a couple of other commodity shares - once bitten, twice shy.

I looked into IMG last night but I can't really see it turning around just yet. There were rumours today about an apple takeover, I hope it comes through for you.

Turkey and Brazil are interesting. I hate Turkey's current leadership but if they join the EU it will be time to pop the champagne.

Brazil was on my radar before the Olympics however the media put me off with talk of corruption. Petrobras seems to be bouncing back after their scandal. I might take a punt.
>>
>>1559019
jesus christ it was a bAD CALL

PANW afterhours fucking tanked

basically because FTNT had a horrible earnings report so now everyone is scared for the whole cybersecurity sector

might be smart to pick up some cybersecurity stocks on the cheap tomorrow

PANW
CYBR
FEYE
>>
Mfw Xavier's School chat room is making me thousands
>>
>>1557103
Why Glencore over one of the other miners?
>>
>>1557945
No I think it's worthwhile. Maybe not for the majority of people here though. Just keep in mind your investing amount will need to be pretty high to make a substantial profit. But ignoring any stock that has the potential to make good returns on investments is dumb IMO. There isn't a damn thing wrong with investing in sub $5, $3, or even .10 cent stocks.
>>
>>1559866
Thank you!
>>
Going to move out of stocks soon. And into FOREX. Anyone can recommend me a board?

BTW. Options is insuring risk by taking on a risk onto itself. Given volatility and background speculation these thing bet on market movers which makes this a speculation onto itself. with something like 65-35 odds.Maybe I'm completely fazed by DB (Almost shorted, but forgot and hadn't touched my account). DBK I bought into on low. Legit went to the moon 8.7%gain one day (13.73). I trust shorting now as much as I trust Yalen keeping her word for interest up December. Perhaps I was too rash on Options as a whole. My apologies

>>
Anyhow threads dead. Hope to see you guys around
>>
>>1560943
>options are risky
>lol FOREX
You're an idiot.
>>
>>1560950
I have very little experience. Most what I read is
http://www.investopedia.com/university/options/

At least give me a why then and an example. Not on a massive market change. But if you were to predict a decent movement withing the next quarter.
>>
>>1561051
Vertical Puts on the SPY for like 204/205 have a risk reward of 1/3 for Jan expiry. Nov elections and Rate hike should drive it down there. 1k will make you 3k. Less risk since you're only putting up 1k. Rather than have to buy actual shares of a product that will mimic a downward trend in the market.
>>
>>1556951

Nothing really special right now about them, they're really just very reliable, low volatility stocks with great dividend earnings. They're the kind of stock you can buy in 999 out of 1000 cases.

One thing is, they'll stay strong when inflation finally accelerates. They're consumer staples and won't be hurt by higher prices.
>>
>>1559909
the school from sydney? this post makes little sense
>>
File: maybe a rise.png (23KB, 574x369px) Image search: [Google]
maybe a rise.png
23KB, 574x369px
possible the us 5 year bond will head back up to 120'22.20 in the next few hours
>>
>>1557854
>BMY

what about this stock? Down 10%+ on somewhat disappointing trial results seems a bit extreme.
heard on cnbc it was trading at a premium to the sector before the fall tho, not sure where it bounces back to
>>
What the fuck happened in October? All my stocks basically plummeted. It is still 200 bucks profit, so no big deal, but I am worried about it continuing to drop.
>>
File: NocoinerSuicideWatchContinues.png (2MB, 1652x3056px) Image search: [Google]
NocoinerSuicideWatchContinues.png
2MB, 1652x3056px
>no bitcoin

Why, do you want to be poor?
>>
File: 161328ee38[1].png (110KB, 1320x636px) Image search: [Google]
161328ee38[1].png
110KB, 1320x636px
>>1560900
>PANW

hope someone listened this morning!

I averaged down and im just hoping to get out at break even right now...
>>
>>1561627
hell yeah

got out at $153 with a slight profit!
>>
>>1556645

Stumpf just stepped down. Now we see the upside potential of this scenario.
>>
Buy potcoin
>>
>>1562622
thanks for the heads up
>>
>>1561057
I feel opposite. Since Fed rescue package, they're clear and sitting on alot of fat capital with continued 0% to even negative. It's so profitable all the US banks are doing it and only halfheartedly going back into derivatives when everyone was chasing the highs. It would be a easy thing for them to trigger a "containable" derivatives meltdown, put EU into a slight financial crisis, since volatility in derivatives makes the market so fragile at the moment. Hence also why I feel like going into Forex for the dollar. If they 'predict' this, and also feel oil will top $58, and scare Trump/Hilary to pledge 0% next 4 years I see nl reason for them not to do it. There's no love lost between American and EU businesses. When 09 Deutche tried to place blame on Americans had multiple lawsuits by EU and its constituent nations. It was only when the US threatened to do the same both received a pat on the wrist. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but banks are vendictive greedy little shits, and given how they allowed Lehmen(Lehmen, Stearns did not bail out someone in 90s?) to fail but half was swallowed by Euro and not them, I think they also want to dominate the other side Atlantic. Deutche gone, HSBC?,Barclays, every single one exposes greater than 50% equity in derivative will turn tits up. Never heard of a vertical put, but again the assumed risk varies greatly given our two expectations. Thanks for the example, will watch more Investing com videos
>>
>>1556186

I just bought 2k worth of Extraction Oil & Gas (XOG). They just had an IPO.

How risky was this decision?

http://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=12124404
>>
(I already asked this on another thread, but I didn't get a response)

Why is AMD so much lower than similar stocks like INTC and NVDA? They make some alright stuff, right?

I was gonna buy when they were ~1.80 or something, but I didn't know if they'd rise that much
>>
How do I profit from currencies?
>>
File: File Oct 12, 8 09 05 PM.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
File Oct 12, 8 09 05 PM.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1556186
>ORCL
>>1556222

I work for ORCL, ask me anything.

Personal advice: sell. I can get into details if you'd like.
>>
>>1562862
Oracle buying netsuite is what made me know it's a shit company
>>
>>1562862
>Personal advice: sell. I can get into details if you'd like.

please do!
>>
>>1562895
Oracle realizes companies are moving off their databases and onto the cloud infrastructure (IaaS), which Amazon and Google are market leaders in.

It's databases still represent about 80-90% of its revenue.

To counter that trend of inevitable death, it's invested significantly in its own IaaS, PaaS (middleware), and SaaS (trying to move its legacy license customers onto it).

IaaS growth is meager, and there's little sign to suggest Oracle will seriously be able to compete with Amazon.

However, it's been seeing modest growth in its SaaS. Like Microsoft and a few other companies, Oracle provides SaaS for nearly every line of business, so it competes with Salesforce (CRM) just as much as Workday, ADP (HCM), Netsuite (ERP) (which it's still trying to purchase).

It more or less has SaaS for every category, and it's main selling point is how it offers a complete integration for all of its business solutions. Only problem? Its CRM is balls compared to Salesforce (and it's making far fewer investments in AI, unlike SF), its HR SaaS is good in some areas (talent acquisition, talent management) but not the best in others, and its ERP, while offering many solutions, is constantly competing with many other companies who sometimes specialize in particular industries.

Oracle is making a huge bet on it successfully evolving into a cloud company, and, according to Mark Hurd himself, the biggest bet is on SaaS. Having heard Hurd speak (no pun intended), I can guarantee you that he believes all enterprise SaaS will be consolidated in 2-3 main companies within 10 years time.

However, new, leaner startups with huge investment behind them are constantly popping up and eating market share. I don't know why he's so sure that the SaaS market will get so consolidated (with, as he hopes, Oracle as one of the major players) when, in my eyes, it's getting more and more competitive, and companies like purchasing SaaS that is niche and tailored to their interest/field. (1/2)
>>
>>1562982

To me, there is little indication companies want a whole integrated SaaS suite provided by a single company. Perhaps I'm misreading the market, but that's my impression. And given that Oracle is only providing stellar products in some of its SaaS, while the rest of its solutions may often be total shit, I don't see any reason why Oracle would succeed in being one of those 2-3 major players, were that even to take place.

Lastly, unlike Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Salesforce, etc., Oracle's R&D, although respectable, isn't actually pushing forward into making its products more innovative, but rather just more complete / adding more features. I usually press my manager to really make me see the innovations in our solutions that distinguish us from the competition, but usually the innovations are fairly basic things (in terms of the engineering behind them) that we just got out to market first, without even real market data suggesting its what customers want.

Oracle is betting on its M&A enabling it to gobble up marketshare in SaaS, but, like I said, these newer start-up players keep emerging, and there's only so much you can do to try to get market share when new players keep taking some marketshare of their own (that's my view, but maybe I misunderstand the market dynamics).

Long story short, with such a huge bet on its SaaS, and with market trends, imo, contradicting the vision Mark Hurd sees for SaaS, plus no guarantee that Oracle will in fact emerge as one of the 2-3 major SaaS players even if Hurd's predictions come true, I don't see Oracle as a good long investment.
>>
>>1562982
>>1562993
I typed these out without looking over them, so excuses the "it's" that were actually meant to be "its"
>>
I barely understood any of that
Your grammar is the least of my problems
>>
>>1562996
But thanks for the insights
>>
>>1556186
WFC - Because of potential over hype. Purchased while Strumpft was getting his ass reamed. Not a bad dividend. Potential rise when interest rates increase

RDS-A - Good stock, good dividend. Price hasn't really recovered so it's a good time to get in. Lots of long term projects which comes in handy when oil rebounds years from now. Dividend is nice - taking it as cash and putting it into DRIP (same with WFC)

I had some 3-6 month CDs coming due soon because I think the market overall is overvalued if interest rates do rise. I planned on doing nothing with the money. Interest rates likely to rise after the election. Will have more cash.

It's tough "missing out" on gains but this market is for trading, not the buy and hold meme - that shit was from 2010-mid2015
>>
File: Cute pool.jpg (373KB, 1240x826px) Image search: [Google]
Cute pool.jpg
373KB, 1240x826px
>>1562838
Because AMD is a gambler's stock. There is nothing about it which is investment worthy. AMD is losing money and projected to continue losing money, their revenue has declined steadily from 2011 through 2015, they have high long term debt, total debt is steadily increasing, total equity has dropped into negative territory as of 2015 (part of a steady decline since 2011), total operating cash flow has been negative since 2011, they have had negative free cash flow since 2011, and their gross profit margin is well below its peers meaning that they have little to no pricing power with their products.

This is pretty much everything you *don't* want to see in a company and pretty much the opposite story of Intel and NVidia. When you buy AMD, you're just gambling that someone might be able to turn it around which is by no means an investment, but a speculation. This isn't to say that it can't happen, but that it is not an investment.
>>
>>1563411
Oh. Hm. I actually have some AMD stock and it went up by like 30% and I was regretting not getting more of it since it was so cheap.

But I guess that all makes sense. Nvidia has been my powerhouse since I got into this.

Though all stocks are fucking down again today. Fuck.
>>
>>1562993
Interesting insight.

I would expect Oracle to own patented IP to prevent new entrants from stealing it's market share.
>>
when will HRTX skyroket? Plz send help, i'm all in
>>
>>1556186
great thread, OP. Hope we can have one of these up at all times.
>>
>>1557566
>Anything below $3> do not list

Makes sense to me: That's the realm of the Robinhood General. It's all penny stocks.
>>
Hey guys - what level of diversification do you have in your portfolios?

Currently I have 15 approximately equal sized plays across different sectors, favoring the ones I'm most well versed in and are performing well.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with diversifying amongst bluechip/mid cap/small cap though. What do you look for there, and also do you mix different levels of volatility?
>>
>>1565560
I uh, have about 1000 bucks in stock in four "tech" companies. They aren't volatile in the slightest.

Not enough research to feel comfortable buying like oil stock.
>>
>>1557422
No one has input on this?
>>
>>1562993
Moving into FOREX soon. But great insight. This is what I hope this thread can share. I will only invest into this a bit longer before it starts showing signs of risk. Financially it's been a great earner with something like 186% for me since 2015? Will look into salesforece and the other you mentioned. Already researching in MS, G.
>>
Where the fuck do I start in trading stocks? I got like 700 bucks I can spare to start trading
>>
>>1566347
rh
>>
File: image.png (110KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
110KB, 750x1334px
Shit is starting to bug me. Just go fucking back up. Every day it goes down and then goes back up. This didn't used to happen.
>>
is it a good time to buy brazilian stocks, as everything is under value as fuck?
>>
>>1566347
etoro
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.