[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked am I?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (78KB, 737x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 737x960px
> 30
> 35k/yr
> 8,000 in cc debt
> 3,000 owed on car
> 475/mo rent
> 250/mo misc expenses

No retirement (shit 401k through work)
$500 in savings

What to do chaps? I wanna pay off my debt, quit my wageslave job and make some real money. What's you other anon's life situations?
>>
>>1555247
> 19
> 20k/yr
> No debts whatsoever
> No monthly costs
> Goodlife

Not planning to move out until I have a 50k job or owning a business
>>
How did you get that much in debt
>>
>>1555247
>22
>shitty part time retail management job
>full time student
>$400/mo rent +$100 util and paying for college out of pocket, no loans
>operating on a huge deficit, have to make up losses with odd jobs, flipping thrifted/picked electronics
ready 2 die here senpai
>>
>>1556316
Cocaïne
>>
>>1555247
>20
>15.5/h but only 1 shift a week
>full time student
>8k TFSA
>2k RSP
>no debt

just want enough so i can have down payment for cheap townhouse/condo (150k total)
>>
>33
>58k/yr (nzbux)
>own 3 rental properties in small town
>live in city, renting here
>saving mad stacks
>wife wants to buy a house for ourselves, feel like it's the top of the bubble here
>cant move to small town, no jobs
>>
>>1555385
>19k a year
how
>>
>>1556316
Well calling it all cc debt is a misnomer, I just kind of compiled it all together for simplicity. I'm more like 2k in cc, 500 in a personal loan and the rest in student loans. Honestly, I was just dumb. fresh out of the Army and flying blind, personal issues derailed me from my goals for a while and now I find myself kind of treading water, I make enough to pay my bills, put a little extra towards my debts but after that there's nothing left over for savings etc.
>>
>>1557071
I'm OP btw
>>
>>1555247
>23 yr
>22k/yr
>no debts
>300 monthly
>13k car

i'm cool
>>
quit being a dumbass and stop buying shit you can't afford, it's that simple
>>
>35
>~$50k/yr
>~$500k in debt (just bought a house 4bd 3 bth yes I know I am fucked)
>$1200/month payments
>no other debt
>$25k savings
>heroin addict brother and his wife stay at my house while getting clean and trying to get a job again so he can get his kids back (yes I know I am fucked)
>>
>>1557029
Fucking working you sorry NEET
>>
>>1557223
>500k house
>1200/mo
?????
>40 year mortgage?
Did I miss something?
Also, why did you buy a house that is 10x your yearly income, are you retarded? Better question: who approved you? Is this 2007?
>>
>>1557029
Get a job m8
>>
Dave Ramsey
>>
>>1557241
yep, $235k house, ~50k down 188k loan over 30ish years at 3.625% and honestly its closer to $400k over the next 30 years. Im sure I made mistakes but the real mistake would have been continuing to pay rent as it sky rockets higher than what my mortgage is.
>>
>>1557249
Oh Okay, I thought you had done something incredibly stupid there and somehow got away with it. Was having flashbacks from The Big Short. In my opinion 188k is still a steep loan on that salary but fuck do I know I pay 1130/mo for a 2x1 apartment on 35k.

It's a nice place tho :^).
>>
>>1557261
here in colrado my old 1 bedroom dump just went from $600/mo to $910/mo in the last 3 months. so instead I found this place and figured if I get into trouble or in reality since my bro is having trouble he can rent from me for $500/mo once he gets his act together. Also since I am rarely here it wouldnt be that bad to rent a room or 2 out.
>>
>>1555247
Being steady and consistent will help. You have to form good habits to start. Someone some weeks ago made a good point that discipline trumps motivation every time.

Get into a habit of making your own reward (I'm not just jerking you here), like if you don't care about your home being clean, a clean home will not be a reward for having cleaned it. Better health will not feel like a benefit from exercise, knowledge and perspective will not feel like a prize for having read about how to steadily pay off debt and keep it off.

Learn to enjoy what you reap when you sow and other things will start to work, disciplining yourself for the sake of your own improvement will come more easily. IMHO.

I mean, if it were me, I'd just pay the minimum plus interest percentage plus 5 to 10 percent more just for good measure. But then again, I literally fear being in debt for extended periods of time so it's my condition to pay off debt asap. I also put away as much as I can every pay check, like after bills and monthly expenditures. I've been working out the best cheap, filling but nutritious meal plans to save money and lose some fat as my current body condition make work harder than necessary.

Alright, blog over.
>>
>>1557266
Well high five for you friendo. Little bit jelly of you rn, tbqh.
>>
>>1557294
dont be so jelly.. desu I wanted to find something smaller at the 180-200k range.
>>
Also since there's a theme
>27
>42k/yr pretax
>$800 on two cc
>no other loans
>1130/mo rent 2x1 comfy apartment
>maybe 1000/mo between bills and food and fun money
>10k saving from zero 3 years ago (current income is recent, previous was much lower, and we've had to dip for emergencies a couple times, car probs)

Feels average. Grew up wicked poor so average is pretty great. Working up to a better life m80s.
>>
>>1557313
you are on a better path than I was at your age. at 27 I as making maybe $30k/yr pretax
>>
>>1557318
Its funny because I have a friend who does the same work I do and gets paid the same but he's jelly af of my life. I can honestly say it's because he doesn't know how to spend his money. Dumb motherfucker bought a 2014 dodge charger (brand new at the time) and pays nearly 800/mo between the loan, gas, and insurance.

Like do people not understand how important money is?
>>
>>1557343
some really dont, I knew of a guy making next to nothing buying a camero and then having to move in with his aunt a year later... budgeting and being honest about what you can spend is the biggest key. I'm not rich by any means and what I make is laughable to most but I am frugal and put lots of thought into whatever I buy.
>>
>>1557343
its time for me to get ready for bed I wake up at 4am so I need to be asleep in 30 minutes to even get 8 hours. good night and good luck in life.
>>
>>1557365
Same.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.