[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much cash do you keep in your home? Where do you put/hide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: money and gund cat.jpg (114KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
money and gund cat.jpg
114KB, 540x438px
How much cash do you keep in your home? Where do you put/hide it to keep it safe?
>>
>>1554392
93% of Americans keep cash in their home, on average $3,000-$7000. 35% of people were reported to have used the cheap, easily crackable safes that criminals just walk off with. Even worse, 60% of people use the top drawer of their dresser as a storage place for their cash. In the case of 96% of all home break-ins, the theifs do not get caught for breaking in and stealing, but trying to sell stolen goods. Police say that theifs who break in and only take cash are unlikly ever to get caught. The average salary for these criminals is $569,305.43 a year.
>>
>>1554601
Found mah new career, thanks bruh
>>
I have about $1000 of foreign currency at home that I bring back from overseas trips and keep for next time
>>
File: 5H0m4t8.png (192KB, 1366x728px) Image search: [Google]
5H0m4t8.png
192KB, 1366x728px
>>1554608
Np anon
>>
>>1554620
Whereabouts in your home? And what do you think about about the name of your street? Post it and we'll like vote on it or something....
>>
>>1554601
Could you provide a source for the average amount people have in their home? I was having this conversation with a buddy the other day.
>>
>>1554640

>using IE
>/mlp/ tab open
>reddit open
>9GAG tab open
>male feminism bing search
>bing
>watch anime online tab

Are you trolling bro?
>>
>>1554392

None at the moment. I decided however that I'll get out a couple hundred bucks and hide it somewhere just in case a currency crisis, bank holiday etc causes me to lose access to my currency for a while.

I do have 10kg of silver buried in my backyard tho.
>>
>>1554601
>Average salary is $570k/yr

I strongly strongly doubt that
>>
>>1554707
assuming the 3k -7k interval is normal, that's 5k average per burglary
569,305/5000 = 114 burglars who only steal cash
there was 2.1 million burglaries in the us in 2012
>>
>>1554832
*115 burglaries where only cash was stolen
sorry
>>
>>1554640

Holy shit that browser, fucking good one.
>>
>>1554707

Those are probably FBI stats and the FBI only goes after crimes that are cumulatively in excess of $200,000.00
>>
>>1554694

hello, newfriend
>>
>>1554392
>cash
Almost none.
But I keep a pistol grip 12-gauge in a biometric safe.
>>
>>1554672
I'll have to get back to you first, I'm not sure if my mum will let me give out our address on the internets
>>
>>1554392
lost all my cash and bullion in a tragic boating accident
it be restin at the bottom of the lake now
>>
>>1555225
Go diving
>>
>>1554694
summer ended awhile ago. shouldn't you be in bed or something? it's a school day.
>>
>>1554601
>93% of Americans keep cash in their home, on average $3,000-$7000.
Fuck no they don't. What the fuck?
1. How many Americans have zero savings?
The number of Americans who have no cash in the bank to fall back on is staggering. Approximately 26% of adults have no savings set aside for emergencies, while another 36% have yet to start socking away money for retirement.

2. What's the average bank account balance?
While millions of Americans have no savings, many of them have managed to stash a few bucks in their checking account. As of 2013, the average bank account balance hovered around $4,436.

3. What is the personal savings rate in the U.S.?
The personal savings rate is the average amount of earnings people in the U.S. are putting away for rainy days. Through the end of 2014, the rate was 4.4%, which is a steep decline from the 10.5% rate in 2012.

4. How many adults don't have a bank account?
Saving money is tough when you don't have a place to park it. Approximately 7.7% of American households function without a bank account. That's close to 10 million households altogether.

5. How many adults live paycheck to paycheck?
An estimated 38 million households in the U.S. live hand to mouth, meaning they spend every penny of their paychecks. Surprisingly, two-thirds of them earn a median income of $41,000, which puts them well above the federal poverty level.

I highly doubt these people living paycheck to paycheck have 3k in a sockdrawer.
>>
>>1554914
>biometric safe
For what purpose?
>>
I've had no cash even in my wallet for months. Everything is credit card these days
>>
>>1555366
Stupid California laws.
>>
>>1554392
Honestly, I have 6000 sitting in an unassuming box in my basement. I should obviously invest in a nice safe, but I don't have anywhere to mount or install it so I'd probably just run into the thief taking the entire safe and dealing with it somewhere else. I don't keep my money in the bank because I find it easier to save it up when I hide it away and let it accumulate. I work as a bartender so I get a lot of unaccounted for cash at the end of my nights, I like just stashing it away because it's basically money that no one knows I have. I keep it as my emergency fund in case something drastic happens, but by the end of winter I easily have over 10k and then that's when I'm going to start investing. Fortunately for me, my bartending gig also pays minimum wage so keep my bank account at 2k+ at all times and pay all of my housing and food bills with those paychecks.
>>
>>1554601
This is a meme.

Most thieves are not professional.
>>
>>1558818
>$569,305.43 a year
Well now I'm confused. He gave an exact number.
That's $237,966.74 more than the average con man makes per year.
>>
Paper money is probably around 2-3k?

I collect coins (mainly precious metals, less the old stuff) and most of them are still technically legal tender, so i probably have another 10k or so in coins. Several kg of gold and silver if you count that as currency.

My big stash of bills is in a hollow book I crafted a long time ago out of my old high-school dictionary. My coins are in a safe. Well, the most valuable anyway, since I ran out of space recently.

We've had a lot of break-ins in the neighborhood. They literally turn the whole place upside down, open every single drawer, throw out everything. I have no illusions. Anything that's not in the safe they'd find and take. Hiding stuff isn't exactly an option unless you wall shit in or unscrew wooden panels. Since they usually rely on speed I feel rather comfortable leaving a few kg of silver coins out in the open. They're large and heavy, I doubt they'd go for that for minor profit.

>>1558144
Basement's perfect. Ideally you'd cement your safe in, but most safes have holes in the bottom. You drill ten inches into the concrete and then bolt the safe down with three 3/4" bolts. There's no clearance on the bottom so they can't cut the bolts and you'd have to open the safe to unscrew them. Nobody's taking your entire safe unless you put it into your garage and they can rip it out with a truck (which is still pretty likely to take out the truck before the safe unlodges).
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.