[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend recently obtained a lot of money ($450,000) and wants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: raining-money.jpg (42KB, 520x373px) Image search: [Google]
raining-money.jpg
42KB, 520x373px
My friend recently obtained a lot of money ($450,000) and wants to see it grow. Whats the best way to make money if you have significant liquidity? Real estate? Stocks?
>>
>>1553846
Buy a $450,000 pair of knee pads
>>
Congratulations on spelling 'real estate' correctly
>>
>>1553848
This.

Gotta spend money to make money, and you're friend sounds like he'd make a good return on his investment
>>
buy a few properties and hire a management firm to manage it. then put the rest into passively managed mutual funds with low fees.
>>
>>1553846
Real estate would only provide long-term gains, and even then it's a risk. I'd tell him/her to read the intelligent investor, and then take the route of the defensive investor.

Stock and bond allocation with a strong dividend yield. It might not be sexy, but it will get the job done. Also, tell him/her to pay off his debts and invest a bit into his/her education if the person doesn't have one.

If the person isn't financially independent, then they should be working on becoming independent first before touching the money. If this is the case, then I'd throw it into a CD so I wouldn't be able to touch it.

That'd force me to stop living pay check to pay check.
>>
Bitcoin
>>
>>1553889
But will he have any money left over after he gets a time machine to go back to 2009?
>>
>>1553846
Purchasing a profitable local business through a broker. Cashflow(owner working salary+ actually profits) is typically between 20-50% annual ROI.
>>
File: tumblr_ne5m91MYLX1u21qjqo1_500.jpg (39KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ne5m91MYLX1u21qjqo1_500.jpg
39KB, 500x280px
>>1553846
What's wrong with buying 450,000$ worth of bitcoin and trading with it on Poloniex?

Won't he easily double it in a few days if the volume is high enough?
>>
>>1554072
Enough with this trade your real money for fake money meme. It's tired.
>>
>>1553846
Let me lay it out
15%- mutual funds
15%- bitcoin and alt coin trading (10% in bitcoin for long hold and the rest in poloniex alt market, just buying the bottoms- no pump chasing)
Seriously though with a few thousand you can create your own pumps and forcibly make money.
20% real estate
10% bonds
10% forex
the rest you can blow on stocks for dividend returns or long holds
>>
>>1553846

CFDs
>>
>>1554097
Trade your real money for fake money, triple the fake money, convert it back to real money.

I don't see the problem.
>>
>>1554097
Holy shit, is this entire board financially illiterate? I've been here for around two minutes and it's no wonder everyone here is shitposting rather than making money.
>>
>>1554145
haven't you seen the new banner, it's a fucking wasteland out here
> almost zero mods
> shilling shitcoin still allowed
> no sticky after years of asking
>>
>>1554165
No, but it looks like a complete waste of time browsing here. Like a bunch of kids LARPing.
>>
>>1554173
so buzz off
>>
>>1554175
Have fun losing your parents cash you fucking retard. /r/wsb would be a better place to listen to than this kindergarten playpen.
>>
>>1554072
the people here refuting this idea have just been too scared to try short term trading themselves
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.