[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time Off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (106KB, 571x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 571x667px
Invaluable productivity booster or waste of precious time?
>>
Why think of time in terms of productivity? Only americans do this.
>>
Just make sure you have something to show for it when employers inevitably ask what were you doing during your time off. I don't think they will accept an answer of shitposting.
>>
>>1553793
both
>>
>>1553826
What's the point in time off if you just spend it working?
>>
>>1553849
It doesn't have to be work, it should just be something that isn't a complete waste of time. Are you going to spend that time shitposting on 4chan or will you carve out an hour (or even less) a day doing something fun but still practically useful like learning something new from an online course. Employers will want to know what you are doing during your time off.
>>
>>1553854
None of their fucking business. Americans have such a skewed view of the work-life balance
>>
>>1553826
>employers inevitably ask what were you doing during your time off
What? I live in America and this literally never happens.
>>
>>1553854
Sounds a lot like work to me.
>>
>>1553859
This.

>get off at 5pm once in a while
>hur dur must be nice getting off so early
>>
>>1553820

You don't have to spend every waking hour in a profitable venture but if you're not doing something to better yourself or your personal situation then you're retarded.

>He posts to an anime imageboard
>>
>>1553894
>5pm is early in America
>>1553897
But taking a well earned break to destress and refocus IS doing something to better yourself.
>>
>>1553932

>But taking a well earned break to destress and refocus IS doing something to better yourself.

That depends on whether it actually improves anything. If you spend a week or two taking a vacation to nowhere but you're just as unmotivated and ineffective at work as you were when you left, what did you accomplish? You might be able to say you improved your mental and physical health by the lack of stress and activity but that's nebulous. All the others, seeing sights, learning about cultures and all that bullshit requires you to have actually gone somewhere of consequence.

Funny story, I had a guy at work just get back from a two-week cruise, his kids are out of the house so it was just him and his wife. He gets back last Monday and before 9:00 he's already saying, I need a vacation from my vacation. I was like, nigger I just drove 300 miles and back over a weekend to take my kids to an aquarium and you're complaining because you were on a boat for two weeks with your wife. I bet he didn't even leave the boat at port either, the asshole.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.