[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy office job ideas:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: stk212423rke.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
stk212423rke.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
Due to some circumstances I now earn around $40k + p/y in passive income.

I still want to work for a while but I don't want to bust my ass working 80 hours p/w sucking dick to climb the corporate ladder to feel good about myself and make some other cunt rich.

Im also studying commerce with a double major in Info sytems and Quant. Analytics,

With this I just want some comfy office job with minimal stress as the extra income will go a long way for me.

What would anon suggest for an easy/happy office job????
>>
what passive income sources do you have?

Night shift security guard, bretty comfy imo
>>
bump i also wanna leave my shit job and find something like OP wants
>>
>>1553634
long story but I pretty much inherited property in a fuck ton of debt and sorted it all out, sold some off, nearly got fucked over by the retard banks etc. what was left is paying rent to me now debt free.

I still wouldnt mind working in areas im studying but I see my younger friends who graduated before me burning out and having breakdowns because they thought being a corporate high flyer was the way to go.

I would do night shift guard work but im the type of idiot who would over react and beat a trespasser to death or something.
>>
>>1553645
nice.. sounds like a good life.

other comfy jobs i have worked on was a chaffeur.. I applied through an agency.. you meet different people and drive them around. lotsa chill time, like browsing with my laptop while waiting for them.
>>
>>1553655
It is, & im very grateful I dont need to go through some stresses in life like others but I still want to work and feel like im doing something.

I cant just do nothing as I would lose my mind.

Sounds comfy as fuck senpai
>>
so NONE of you have comfy office jobs at all?

Do you all just blow your money on meme coins or are you all just NEETS?
>>
>>1553645
>I would do night shift guard work but im the type of idiot who would over react and beat a trespasser to death or something.

Have you worked in an office before?

How do you think you'll react to a manager telling you that you are relieving your body of excrement too often.

Or sat in an office with Nisha talking about her big fat Indian wedding for 8 hours a day for the next 6 months.
>>
>>1555221
over react and beat them to death lol.
>>
>>1555221
>Or sat in an office with Nisha talking about her big fat Indian wedding for 8 hours a day for the next 6 months.

LMFAO at this.

I have worked in shitty call centre jobs being micromanaged before. I have never been told off for shitting too much.
Maybe I should be a team leader, they just sat on their ass all day pretending to work and made bank.
>>
Take like, 4 months, which shouldn't be a problem with your passive income (congrats btw, good work) and teach yourself a programming language, you can turn it into a 'job'
For yourself. Make a schedule and stick to it, within a couple
Months I bet you would be proficient in whatever you choose to learn, then get some certs under your belt and voila, instant IT fag. You can be the surly guy at the office that comes and unplugs the printer then plugs it back in. Plenty of alone time in your comfy office, lots of time to tinker with shit and stack bills
>>
>>1555239
Thanks for the advice.

Yeah I have done work in repairs and support before.
I have been teaching my self basics like HTML, javascript & ive learnt SQL through study.

I will defs look at other certs as well.
>>
>>1555239
I am this person and have been for a long while. Yes, the pay is ok, but it tops out.

What you want is to do your own business, where your income isn't as limited in the long term.
>>
>>1555236
lol THIS
Everyone thinks that I quit my job to restore my health
that's true, but I also quit to prevent destroying theirs
>>
>>1553645
I would just do an office job and keep a mindset that you could quit any time.
If anyone is a dick to you, quit or ignore.

Also switch between tasks, doing the same thing for a long time makes it boring no matter what it is.
>>
>>1553628
Join a union. Never have to worry about being more productive and job security is a given. Additionally get paid for doing same amount of work
>>
>>1553628

Comfy low-stress office jobs are pretty rare mate.

It's not 1995 anymore.
>>
>>1553628
If you want a low-stress office job I would highly recommend government/public sector roles. They are always much more easy-going and lower-workload than private sector business because they're far less concerned with profit. You'll probably get a lower salary on average but you don't really need a huge salary it seems. Plus the benefits are good too
>>
>>1553645
Give me your properties and I'll let you work at them as a property manager.
>>
>>1553628
Maybe you can volunteer to do some community service/organization or something. It will probably make you feel like a better person, and maybe in time you can get an exec role in whatever organization you work at.
>>
>>1555110
Work at a serious games company. My office job is easy.

We have one hour of required gaming time a week in office hours, we can work from home or office whenever we want, take however long lunch breaks we want, play games at lunch, watch tv shows while working.

It's pretty cushy, I do maybe 3 hours of solid work a day but as long as the tasks are done no-one gives a shit. One time I went on a 4 week 'vacation' to hawaii, las vegas and new york (I'm from Australia) and just worked when I could and got paid my full pay.
>>
File: mjl.gif (930KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mjl.gif
930KB, 320x240px
>>1555110
>so NONE of you have comfy office jobs at all?
>Do you all just blow your money on meme coins or are you all just NEETS?

thats /biz/ for you, papas credit card and inflated meme coins
>>
>>1558383
what's your job role?
>>
>>1553628
Insurance

Insurance companies love college educated office drones to push around paper. It's the government job of the 2010s. MetLife recruited at my uni and they were going to hire me I told them in an interview it sounded boring. They said, "well yeah. Think it over I guess"

They still gave me an offer lol. didn't take it bc I used to care too much.
>>
File: tumblr_no8m2sszgl1tyqhp5o1_1280.jpg (80KB, 780x420px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no8m2sszgl1tyqhp5o1_1280.jpg
80KB, 780x420px
>>1558383
That sounds like the plot to Grandmas boy lol. I would definitely do this!

>>1558404
Worth a shot. Sometimes there are a few nuggets of gold in the shit pile that is 4chan

>>1556826
Yeah this sounds ok. They get flexi time and seem chill as fuck. I'll look into it.
>>
>>1559112
Programmer, but there are producer roles to manage projects and deliver them on time while communicating with the client. We have a chick who studied history working with us.

>>1560722
It has the perks of a normal game dev company without the crunch times and shit pay.
>>
>>1561160
>Night shift security guard

Sounds like a mobile game developer then, because I cannot imagine that has any near the same amount of crunch time, if any, and the profits from mobile game makers are legit. Why do you think so many big name game developers left the console scene around 2010 to make Facebook games; so, is it for mobile?
>>
>>1553645
So that is $40K GROSS? Don't forget taxes and anything your tenants break, you fix. Pipes break a leak in the Winter you fix. They don't mow the yard and the city comes and does it, you get the bill. They say the dishwasher is broke, you have to replace it.

I make $35,400/year GROSS in 3 houses, but I don't make shit. Considering selling them off. Good luck.
>>
>>1553628
>retard in the office
Ha-ha-ha! We've got on our job.
>>
>>1561931
Thats after tax & expenses, friend.

Where I live I can write off a lot of the expenses against tax. I don't have shitty tennants (yet) and they take good care of the places.

Most of it is from a commercial property but they pretty much pay for all expenses including body corp lol. If there are structural issues its on the shopping complex to fix and not me.

>Considering selling them off
Yeah I understand, there are a lot of expenses not to mention getting a call saying the hot water blew or the heater is fucked then you are forking out a few grand to fix shit.. People just assume you sit on your ass and collect rent..

Being in Aus the houses dont have those winter problems and the tenants are under contract to look after the house or I kick their ass out. We have property managers here to deal with all of their shit. The only dealing I have is approving who moves in.
Not sure how it works in US but im told everything about a potential tenant including where they work, how much they make & how much savings they have in $. As a rule I dont rent to Indians because they smell the place out.
>>
>>1563085
how old are you? I'm from aus as well by the way. That passive income must be comfy as fk. what are you doing with the $40k each year?
>>
>>1561911
No it isn't really 'mobile game development' even though it may involve that. It's 'serious game development'. Even mobile game development is has more crunch time than us, in fact probably just as much as normal.

Serious game development is more 'business-like' than normal with clients and such but that means a more stable job and the atmosphere is still relaxed with a strong emphasis on only billing what you work.
>>
>>1563479
Late 20's.

Just living atm. I'm studying and not really working so it just keeps me afloat. I want to finish Uni & go back to work for a while , I wish I could just sit on my ass but I get depressed not doing anything.
I aim to at least find a comfy job for a while to keep me busy and see how that goes.

There are some shitty circumstances behind it all but I am grateful and having fuck you money removes a lot of stress if a job doesn't work out.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.