[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ JOBS AMA - Also general biz job/career info

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

WHAT YOUR JOB SHOULD BE CALLED:

>31
>Investment Banker for Lazard SF
>Manage rich people's accounts and pump literally anything I want, as long as it's in the clients personal interest.
ex: Mr. Schlomo gives me $360,000 to spend in Biotech sectors ONLY
>load up on AMRS and SKLN for him

I've got stories and I basically know what will go up and what'll crash, I'd love to help you guys out if you want. Ask me anything and I'll tell you what I think of it.
>>
>>1553057
NEET master race
Worthless parasite
>>
>>1553057
Did I do good by investing my life savings in $URRE$?
>>
>>1553060
Straight off the bat, No.
It'll peak by a dollar most likely on December 11th.
>>
>>1553062
what are the chances AGS and APH go anywhere besides 0 in the new few months?
>>
>>1553057
Thoughts on the CFA?
>>
File: afa.png (196KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
afa.png
196KB, 600x900px
>>1553064
Not too sure about AGS, as it deals in Euros.
APH doesn't seem to be really going anywhere, but seems very volatile. Lookout: Will probably reverse split. I wouldn't count on it increasing anytime soon. Unless military asks for those cables for whatever reason.

>>1553073
Best it'll do is hit $40.01 and then go back down to $38. Could be good... looking at info I did on it, it seems like a longterm investment that will only get you (max) a dollar increase,
>>
>>1553084
the marijuana stocks m8

aphria inc and arcturus growthstar, i invested in them because of this board
>>
>>1553086
Oh, well Canada will prob legalize it, good if you're a Canadian.
>>
>>1553088
i'm starting to lose hope in them

as a knowledgeable fag would you say it's a good idea to long them
>>
>>1553088
How were your first two/three years as an analyst like?

Is the skewed work/life balance really that badly skewed in favor of work?
>>
File: 1468856600513.gif (990KB, 500x334px)
1468856600513.gif
990KB, 500x334px
>>1553094
Well, not really. APH will hit $4.00+ though in a bit.
>>
>>1553116
why not though?

if marijuana is legalized shouldn't this shit go through the roof?
>>
Thoughts on RNN and what might happen to them if their news on Monday is good?
>>
>>1553057
Thoughts on RNN and SCYX?
>>
How skewed was the work/life balance in your first 2/3 years as an analyst? Is it really as skewed toward work as everybody makes it out to be?

What are things I can bring up in an investment banking interview and/or things I can say during an investment baking interview that will impress the people who are interviewing me?

What is the best way to make sure you stay within the company? I'm aware that investment banks have an "up or out" program. How do you incrase your chances of getting retained?

Can you walk me through a DCF? ;)
>>
>>1553057
AMRS and SKLN would not pass a risk management evaluation by an investment bank
>>
Tell me what you think about AUPH.
>>
What do you think about the near future of AUPH? It has a 10 dollar price range but the stock already corrected itself above 4$ after people realized that the drug seems to work.should I buy in and hold for a week?
>>
What tools do you use to find information on companies you may not even know exist. How do you pick up on positive/ negative news on any company without specifically searching for a company?
>>
>>1553130
That wasn't a correction, it was an anxious sell-off because of the weekend. It closed with high volume and the price walked up for the last two hours of market time, and crawled a bit higher in AH. Very bullish for Monday, at least; I probably shouldn't have sold.
>>
File: Duck.jpg (79KB, 719x689px) Image search: [Google]
Duck.jpg
79KB, 719x689px
>>1553120
Legalization laws that will go against it/organizations will hit it hard and there will be controversy, looking at past graphs.
OR there's your possibility which might work. But I don't own any cannabis stocks, just looking at info of it.

>>1553121
>>1553124
SCYX might dip into $3.90 (if things go bad), but has potential and I would recommend getting in it.
I actually believe RNN will reach $0.30+, some activity on Monday might spark early buyers.
I own RNN and trust in it. I don't have much pennystocks, I have many Bluechip, Firearm, SLV stocks though. But that's stuff I shouldn't really disclose. There's an 45/100 chance a penny stock will skyrocket.

>>1553125
I was an intern for 9 months and evaluated, then got into it. I can choose to work at the floor, or at home. What you need is dedication, motivation, and a goal. You could talk personal things like "I lost my house in 2008.. but regained it by investing in.... I've been studying the markets for...." etc. Make sure you please your managers and kiss their asses sometimes, but in the end it pays off. Wouldn't recommend DCF or going into it.

>>1553129
Don't go deep in it, or go full in. That's the only way you can lose/gain money.

>>1553130
Pharma companies are volatile and should be monitored almost every second. AUPH seems that it will hit $5.00, but go down a dollar in the mean time with upcoming debates/elections. Hold it for 3 days, if it's doing well, keep it for another 2.
After hours are important.

>>1553131
Can't disclose any of those(contract)
I personally have many connections and that's how I know what companys will do/perform that don't even exist yet.

>>1553134
Increase in US Jobs, looks like a longterm investment for about 5 months.
>>
>>1553150
>Don't go deep in it, or go full in. That's the only way you can lose/gain money.
What did he mean by this?

>AUPH seems that it will hit $5.00
Few days late there, buddy.
Why offer advice about the stock if you don't know anything about it?
>>
favorite think or swim study to use?

i really like the Stochastic momentum index
>>
>>1553150
I'm 19. Sophomore in uni. How did you manage to get your internship?
>>
>>1553159
It's what I use.
>>
File: image.png (69KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
69KB, 366x401px
>>1553150
>blue chip, firearm, silver

REEEEEEE I WANT XEO TO LEAVE

GET OUUUUUUT
>>
File: 7d9f27df3fe0f06d870bf8ffe8c3185b.jpg (317KB, 800x1127px) Image search: [Google]
7d9f27df3fe0f06d870bf8ffe8c3185b.jpg
317KB, 800x1127px
>>1553160
Economics M.
MBA <---- Important
Internship at Stocktrade first, learned a bit in the socio-economic work environment of investing, had a few connections already via my Dad, who knows a few "Schlomos". Got me in the game pretty quickly.
>>
>>1553057
>>1553073
>>1553084

I work at MS GPUG group .. never met an Ib Analyst who analyzes the stock market or any security in it...you're not allowed to trade in a personal brokerage account and if you purchase any spectrum security you have a thirty day holding period...

Also he asked you about the CFA examination and cert. Not some obscure vol security no one uses...

Actually I'm pretty sure no banker is has their series 63 64 or 7 so you can't even manage someone's money or provide investment advise as your not a licensed broker...

Yeah I'm gonna call BS :)

t. Former broker and current banker
>>
>>1553169
I sort of got that same impression when he said doesn't "recommend" a discounted cash flow and doesn't "go into it".

That's one of the major components of all of the models that an IB analyst has to do.
>>
>>1553165
ScottTrade*
>>
>>1553174
I knew he we was lying before I could read that post...got Me laughing even more!
>>
>>1553169
Exactly this, it's very telling that he's very light and vague on any career specifics or advice.

I've interned at Lazard and Citi and I've never come across who "worked from home" either.
>>
>>1553183
>>1553174
>>1553169
what investment bank lets their traders buy pharma shit worth 20 cents a share?

he just glazed over this >>1553128
>>
>>1553163
I think you're right. I think this is just that guy who spams SWHC and SLV in robinhood general roleplaying.
>>
>>1553184
what divisions you worked at in Citi?
>>
Thought on JNUG?
I have all my savings invested in it, I will sudoku if I lose it all.
>>
>>1553260
You put your whole savings in a 3x leveraged gold miners ETF?
>>
>>1553269
yeah, was it bad?
>>
File: 1338405330487.jpg (27KB, 461x500px) Image search: [Google]
1338405330487.jpg
27KB, 461x500px
>>1553271
>>
>>1553278
can you explain further?
>>
chem engineer
poop cleaner designer
>>
>>1553279
Research investing, trading, and leveraged ETFs. Then answer your own question, and sell at open.
>>
I'm currently studying a B.comm majoring in finance at a uni that is probably as good as stanford, in my country.
Nepotism is quite a big thing here in Australia, and i've yet to make any (((important))) friends.
Should I just switch major to accounting? Or would going to a reputable institution without making connections still be worth keeping finance? I'm not planning on doing post-grad study
>>
>>1553169
this.

>>1553057
Investment bankers don't trade securities.
Source: Jewish
>>
>>1553449
So you are go8 and your comm majoring in finance?

You will be fine I think. I'm at Macquarie (mid tier uni in Sydney) and if people with majors in finance can make it at mq I'm sure you can make it at your go8.

Ask your parents if they have any connections

What year are you in and how are your grades?

Grades are a cut off thing, so try and keep your WAM above 75 or if you are at a school that does GPA keep it above 3.6.

Make connections, I suggest you join clubs. I have a friend at Sydney uni and he joined the debating club and other clubs and said he met alot of connected and affluent individuals. If he manages to become good friends with some of them he can easily get his foot in the door at some bank.
>>
>>1553449
I recommend Accounting to be honest, get your CA/CPA and you'll be on a much more sure and steady career path with much more structure and also more valuable skills if you ever want to start your own business.

I know one guy that did Finance and another that did Economics at a top University in the U.K. and one works at a shitty bank as a retail bank teller and the other works as a customer service operator for an investment bank (Of course with a much fancier name than phone bitch) and this is in a big city, both with good grades
>>
>>1553057

Is XBI a good buy for a long term buy and hold?
>>
>>1553517
UNSW
Just chinks everywhere, they're pretty cliquey and from personal experience most of these clubs are completely Chinese i'd be left out of most of these types of things.
There are even come clubs explicitly state they're for Chinese students

First year, My WAM is fairly good, but so is just about everyones. The whole cheating thing is real, especially among the international students.
It can be a real kick in the nuts to see some students who seem mostly clueless still somehow keeping quite good marks, despite how difficult it is for local students to get here.
>>
>>1553658
Yeah true, that whole asian thing over there must be very hard to get in too since Asians tend to stay in there own groups.

I would suggest transfer to Sydney, but, nearly all of my friends except for the one I told you about has dropped out/transferred to UTS or MQ or planning too.

I don't know how you could get nepotism on your side then at UNSW. Ask your parents if they have any friends that you can stinge an internship from or something like that.

Accounting is fine if it isn't boring to you. Steady career path with opportunity to rake in lots of money if/when you make partner.
>>
File: Dl1eKPa.jpg (74KB, 606x421px) Image search: [Google]
Dl1eKPa.jpg
74KB, 606x421px
Gonna post this in here and hope I get a response

I need to update my shitty resume from high school. Where do I even start with making a good resume? What are some good templates? I'm currently a college student, how would I go about making sure to advertise that on my resume?

Thanks for any help
>>
>>1553449
Get your MBA first.

>>1553565
Yes.

>>1554055
You could list past skills/important jobs you've interned for in the past, if you have any past work experience.
>>
>>1554163
>different ID
>different trip
Are you pretending to be the guy who was pretending to be an investment banker?
What the fuck
>>
>>1554166
No, I used another name for another board, and now that I'm back, I'm using this trip now. Screencap this trip so you will know it's me.
>>
>>1554184
Why would we care if it's "really" you, though? We already know you're a liar.
>>
>>1553057
>Lazard Ibanker

Is it true you pussies in Lazard use mouse when modelling in excel?
>>
>>1553057
This is a slander campaign.
>>
>>1553057
nice roleplay. That's not what investment bankers do. fuck off.
>>
>>1554516
>>1554516
nobody gives a shit about this, also lol if you do think being some sort of excel guru matters

I think I am the only one in this whole goddamn thread that knows what is an investment banker and what do they do in this world. this thread got tens of replies with the OP memeing about:
>being an investment banker and
>buying stock
>for le ((((j00s)))) meme

god I hate /biz/ so fucking much
>>
>>1553057
PROFESSION: University Adjunct Professor
WHAT YOUR JOB SHOULD BE CALLED: wrangle stupid kids who don't want to study into respectable professionals. Also, do research with minimal funding while being required to publish high-impact studies.

I want to invest in Brazil, as I'm here as a visting prof, know anything interesting?
>>
>>1553057
Nice roleplay you got there. You're just a NEET with too much spare time. Get out.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.