[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Big Short

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: big short .jpg (91KB, 250x390px) Image search: [Google]
big short .jpg
91KB, 250x390px
How bullshit is this movie
>>
2.69 billion! 400% GAINS!
>>
>>1552615

A bit.
>>
try to get the goyim to think it could of happened without insider knowledge
>>
>>1552650
>could of

Sub 90 iq mongoloid detected
>>
>>1552648
It spouts literally every libshit point about the financial industry. It blames the Wall Streeters for taking advantage of a situation caused by underlying failures of government, without doing anything to address said underlying failures. It ignores literally all monetary phenomena, like the Fed choosing not to ease earlier when Lehman collapsed in September 2008, and ignores all the monetary phenomena pointing to a crisis, like the collapse in US NGDP prior to the crisis.

To top it off, it literally says that people blamed immigrants and poor people for the crisis, in usual liberal fashion.

I don't support the bailouts, but it makes a fucking moral issue out of them by thumping the "muh hard working taxpayers got shafted" meme. I would've preferred a controlled bankruptcy and legitimate structural reforms, like perhaps no capital gains on investments in toxic assets, but anyone who thinks the bailouts were a crisis of morality should watch this video, especially if they're liberals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqZAkB6YGBU

My dad worships it for some reason, despite the fact it's clearly taking four people and turning them into god tier analysts, despite the fact people were concerned about a mortgage bubble. It pays no attention to the fact that Senator John McCain warned about curbing the GSEs that fueled the crisis or that even George W. Bush was concerned with it (his efforts blocked by the Democratic Congress in 2006).

It's literally Occupy Wall Street watches CNBC for an hour and then takes a shit.
>>
>>1552652
FITE ME IRL
>>
File: rllymakesyouthing.png (86KB, 784x245px) Image search: [Google]
rllymakesyouthing.png
86KB, 784x245px
>>1552615
I can't believe these smug motherfuckers made a movie criticizing people who artificially inflate the value of something that has very little tangible, real world value to turn a profit.
>>
>>1552663
/biz/ is literally "how do I make a profit from <insert ridiculously commonplace thing here>, so you seem to be on the wrong board if this is upsetting to you.
>>
>>1552700
I don't come here very often, my home boards were a little slow so I came to see what meme coins you faggots were shilling this week.
>>
>>1552656
>they didn't blame the government
Did you skip the part about there being no laws against ex government workers working for credit rating agencies, the failure of government regulatory agencies and the lack of loan standards.

>it didn't talk about the fed not choosing to ease earlier
It was set mostly before the bubble burst.

>people blamed poor people and immigrants for the crisis
If you've never been to /pol/, there are people who blame immigrants and poor people for taking out loans they couldn't pay.

>bailouts
As necessary to contain the damage as they were let's not pretend it wasn't easy captial to the banks who were partially responsible for it and they profited very handsomely from it.

>turned four people into God tier analysts
They're real people who made several hundred percent gains from the bubble.
>>
>>1552839
>did you skip the part
You mean the 3 minutes (generous) devoted to it with that one bullshit scene in Las Vegas that basically called all of the securitizers retards? Don't forget that in the very same fucking scene, they went shooting with some retarded chad who liked to shoot terrorists- a meathead who probably voted Bush.

>"it was set before the bubble burst"
I watched the movie. And what turned a normal stock market decline into a financial crisis wasn't the collapse in CDOs, it was the decision not to ease sooner. Literally like the last half an hour is from post 2007.

>if you've never been to /pol/
In other words, if I've never been to a board on an anime website, I won't understand the political trends that Baum talks about near the end?

Barely anyone blamed immigrants and poor people. They rightfully recognized that the banks and financial authorities fucked up.

>Profited handsomely
Most, if not all, of the bailouts turned a profit for the taxpayers

>real people
Yeah and it mentions nothing of the fact that many people saw the property bubble as concerning. Instead, they take these 4 people and act like they were the only ones talking about, despite the fact that like post-2006 CNBC had analysts talking about, beyond just Peter Schiff.
>>
>>1552615
???????????
it was about the 2008 market crash between banks and housing, it was pretty accurate aside from the side analysts betting on random crap.
>>
>>1552657
LEARN ENGLISH IRL
>>
>>1552913
>you mean the three minutes in the securitization forum?
No, I meant things like them talking about the lack of government checks that allowed this to happen. That gun range scene is an actual event from the book it's based on.

>literally like the half hour is past 07
That's a quarter of a movie. I think it's safe to say it did not focus on the crisis but the housing bubble.

>I won't understand the political trends the book is based on?
I meant there are people who blamed poor people and immigrants for it. A few people I talked to on /pol/ blamed them for taking out shaky loans. But yes it is not indicative of mainstream opinion on what caused it.

>taxpayers profited from it
TARP was approximately a 3.5% return on 426 billion after five years. That's bond tier. I'm pretty sure inflation outstripped it.

>many people saw it coming in 2006
IIRC it was pretty damn obvious by then with rising default rates.
>>
>>1552615
its a jew produced movie designed to take the blame away from the jew.

they even had that random jew they kept showing for no reason making him look innocent.
>>
>>1553243
What random jew?
>>
where's the guy from the previous thread whose father was a coworker with Jared Vennett?

want to hear more stories about his behavior
>>
>>1552615
Although I loved the movie, I think it's best watched together with 'Margin Call' and 'To Big To Fail'
>>
>>1553632
I hate how in margin call that they keep doing really obvious lines in order for a character to explain in normie terms what is happening.

The reason for the collapse they gave didn't even make sense. "If volatility gets to out of whack of one of your models, the firm needs to sell all assets at a massive discount".

Somehow everybody else got fucked in the process.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.