[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to that Meme Exchange guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 1475120375965_optimized.png (1004KB, 1293x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475120375965_optimized.png
1004KB, 1293x720px
Whatever happened to that Meme Exchange guy?
>>
>>1552586
I guess he abandoned us.
>>
What meme exchange guy? You mean that crappy website?
>>
Whatever happened to amDoge?
>>
Bump for finding the meme guy
>>
The shittier site updated today, the pre-beta will open October 30th. The original market guy has done nothing visible.
>>
Hey /biz/, I've worked in finance before and think the idea for a meme exchange is really interesting. I would consider building the exchange myself but I worry about making a useless exchange that no one will use if there's a competitor.

Is it worth trying to compete or should I choose to spend my time on something else?
>>
Also, I have another question:

how would the price of a meme be obtaining? Reading through the original thread it seems that the MemEx guy wants to assign the price based on a number of factors but that's not how price normally works in an exchange.

I was thinking it would be better to create a new derivative based on the meme's usage per day that increases the supply of that asset. That way -- if you envision the usage to go up you sell your assets (because the supply inflates) and if you envision the usage to go down you buy assets (because supply decreases) -- though this relationship isn't guaranteed.

Ultimately it should be the market that decides the price, unless I'm missing something?

FYI: I'd consider contributing my experience to the person with the most solid background if you want someone who already has experience with complex FinTech. Id would be better to work as a team than to work against each other.
>>
>>1553216
The problem with this model is that it encourages shorting popular memes and going long on dying ones, which doesn't make nay sense.
>>
>>1553272
Yeah, that's correct. Perhaps a meme futures exchange then? But that's a lot more work coding-wise.

What would be a better model that didn't have these problems?
>>
>>1553290
Maybe memes could pay daily or weekly dividends that would depend on their popularity.
>>
>>1553301
How do you define the initial supply and price then?
>>
Actually, I guess the proof-of-stake model that certain crapcoins use could work for this ...
>>
>>1553306
Arbitrarily, or via some arbitrary computer algorithm.
>>
File: keene-self.jpg (97KB, 500x783px) Image search: [Google]
keene-self.jpg
97KB, 500x783px
>>1553216
I can't speak for MemEx, but I am the main developer of Meme Market.
>how would the price of a meme be obtaining?
I agree that the price should be determined by the market, and not calculated from posts on 4chan. In Meme Market, every Meme has a fixed amount of 10,000 shares and the price starts at $1.00 (meme bux, not real money). The only way for the price to change is for someone to place a limit buy or sell order and for someone else to agree to that price. Same as any exchange really, the end price is determined by supply and demand. This means that a market order will not necessarily affect the price of a stock, so if you want to pump and dump you have to tell people to place limit orders for slightly higher to drive the price up.

>>1552586
If you're talking about MemEx, I'm sure he will turn up in this thread eventually.
>>
>>1553325
Would you be interested in partnering up? I'd like to get real money supported right away and I think your design for the pricing is the right way to go.
>>
>>1553340
Don't, he is severely autistic and trying to make money off this.
He wore a shirt with "MemeMarket" on it to a Trump rally and then posted a selfie here.

>I'd like to get real money supported right away
Why? It's all the problems of shitcoins without the perk of actually owning anything.
>>
>>1553372
>Don't, he is severely autistic and trying to make money off this.

Meh, I care about skills. Besides, I'm heavily autistic myself.

>Why? It's all the problems of shitcoins without the perk of actually owning anything.

Unless the memes are represented as crapcoins and can be owned. Although the idea is starting to sound quite silly. Perhaps something similar to binary options would make more sense? Speculate whether a meme will go up in usage or down and match bets based on that.
>>
File: Meme Market logo.png (30KB, 807x159px) Image search: [Google]
Meme Market logo.png
30KB, 807x159px
>>1553307
>>1553213
>>1553340
If you are interested you can join our team. I asked the MemEx guy if he wanted to combine forces, but he has his own vision for a different kind of website. We have three employees right now, including myself. I'm the Lead Developer. I do most of the programming, organizing, marketing and own 100% of the company. Duy is my business associate and our Technology Officer, he helps with the business side and the programming. Justin is our talented Graphic Designer and meme enthusiast.

>I'd like to get real money supported right away
Me and Duy have decided to implement the full, real-money site with Ethereum smart contracts. This dapp could be up and running in a relatively short time. If people want to buy and sell memes for USD, we will have to build a website that transacts with the smart contract and makes the whole process seamlessly work with cash. This is the final vision, Robinhood for memes. We might run into legal trouble when we make the site but the Ethereum Dapp is a set in stone deal, you will AT LEAST be able to buy and sell memes for Ether.

Another way we can make a "USD for Memes" exchange, but would require people to download the Ethereum client, is if someone comes out with a USDcoin made of ether. Vitalik talked about making an ethereum Contract For Difference to make a stable coin that always equals 1 USD worth of ethereum.
>>
>>1553386
Do you guys have a Slack or something? I'm definitely interested but would like to discuss some questions with you in private first.
>>
>>1553401
No slack, but you can email me at [email protected].
>>
>>1552586
It's too late, we missed out on the ultimate PEPE boom when this shit happened.

Imagine how much memebux we could have made with that deplorables shit
>>
File: bute.jpg (381KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
bute.jpg
381KB, 1536x1152px
>>1553425
Just more motivation for me to get it done faster. Our release date for the Open Pre-Beta is October 30th. The Closed Pre-Beta is being tested now with the team and a few other testers. I originally wanted to hand out codes on 4chan /biz/, I'm kind of glad I didn't because the feedback I'm getting is very helpful and I want to offer a more polished version for the Open Pre-Beta. Because of possible security and market manipulation attacks the site is not ready for the likes of 4chan and Anonymous Hackers just yet. We have already sanitized inputs and done basic pen testing but with a site like this there could be strange, unexpected security flaws. Not that they could steal actual money, but a hack would ruin our reputation and embarrass Meme Market.

This Pre-Beta will be used to drum up interest for the Ethereum dapp. We will take the company and the website to startup competitions and win VC funding and media coverage. I'm going to pitch the company as a research tool. It is my plan to use Meme Market to study Memetics, perhaps find out why the meme curve exists. I'll find a Memetics professor to publish a paper on it. It is important to make headlines as much as possible and spread Meme Market everywhere. Before the launch on Oct 30th we will have a viral marketing campaign. We will be hiring people from /biz/ and paying in bitcoin to do various tasks, but you shouldn't be doing it for the money. You should do it because you want to be a part of the inner workings of Meme Market and you want to tell your grandchildren that you laid the very first layer of brick in the all-mighty tower that is Meme Market. We will have a coordinated marketing effort on forums everyone, spray painting on the streets, mysterious online ads, ARG rabbit holes, automated shill bots, the point is we need to get creative to make this Meme Market idea explode. Our task force of /biz/ness men will make the launch on October 30th be HUGE. I'll be posting a hiring thread soon.
>>
you mean the rare pepe exchange on counterparty dex?

yeah it did make me go and buy some XCP. had a look at the assets on the dex but none of them tickled my fancy so i left it. now hodling xcp.
>>
>>1553529
OH YES! please provide an email address. I have the particular set of skills you are looking for.
>>
>>1553529
You sound kind of immature and naive, desu, but I like your motivation which is a rare thing for 4chan. I'll shoot you an email quickly.
>>
>>1553539
[email protected]

I will be posted a thread on /biz/ soon with details on how anyone can join if they want.
>>
>>1553586
Good luck. Seems you guys are fairly set on the project.
>>
>>1553529
will you have an ico?
>>
it would be funny for a /biz/tard to make a meme exchange, and then get /biz/tards all investing in it and then we shill it all over 4chan which is the home of memes.

this business plan is fucking top quality. imagine MEM being traded on poloniex and we are all whales. easiest thing I've ever shilled.
>>
>>1553386
I expect to see your company on the news as the next big scam. You'll be aplogizing like the CS:GO Lotty guys in no time.
>>
>>1553748
that would be hilarious! let's all invest.
>>
new memes should have an "initial pepe offering" where the price is set to a standard amount (like 10 cents) and then the market decides its true value
>>
>>1553783
start everything at 1BTC and let it fall.
>>
File: memes.gif (37KB, 325x276px) Image search: [Google]
memes.gif
37KB, 325x276px
>>1553534
This is really interesting actually. I’ll have to look into the rare pepe trade more.

>>1553737
Every coin will have its own IPO. At the start, since we don't have enough people, in the Open Pre-Beta will just be releasing a new meme every week based on popular or potentially popular memes/news/trends, e.g. %CLOWN for the recent clown sightings. Eventually when we get enough users, memes will be decided by people bidding on them. Anyone can create a proposal for a meme. The meme gets created when everyone collectively bids at least $10,000. One person with a bunch of money could create a Meme all by himself if they wanted to, but it should be more like a crowd auction. It goes on the market once all the shares have an owner. That’s my idea, the real money version will work something like this.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.