[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 questions from a new bizfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: btc.gif (376KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
btc.gif
376KB, 500x500px
1. How is gold a viable "post apocalypse" currency assuming a total breakdown in trading markets?

2. Zerohedge gets a bit technical for me but I generally pick up what is being laid down, can I trust Zerohedge?
>>
>>1552355
1. it's not.

people would be trading lead, not gold
>>
>>1552355
>How is gold a viable "post apocalypse" currency assuming a total breakdown in trading markets?
its not, you need to remind yourself of the kind of people spouting such retardation
>>
>>1552360
this is my assumption too, but if gold was popular in a pre-electronic global market. why wouldn't it be popular in a post-electronic regional market assuming global collapse?
>>
>>1552366
Because there were governments that valued gold back in the day for one reason or another.
Assuming there is a collapse, gold will be useless until civilization starts up again.
>>
>>1552360
>>1552361
>>1552366

>t. idiots

The whole fucking idea of gold is not to allow you to buy things in some kind of mad max apocalypse world, only the hyper retarded think this is going to happen, but only the slightly less retarded, but still totally fucking stupid skeptics like you actually believe that most gold holders hold it for this reason.

The real reason is that if your currency fails, like the Euro might do, then if you have your money in another asset like I dunno, a precious metal that has been valuable since the beginning of time, you might just stand a chance of converting that back into whatever new currency gets issued.

That's the whole fucking idea. Not to lose the value of your cash. See Wiemar Republic.

And as for Zero Hedge, like all news websites you have to take everything with a pinch of salt. A lot of what they report is factually correct BUT deliberately misinterpreted to drive their hyper-bear agenda. Every tiny 0.0001% drop in the price of anything is a crash, every tiny indicator is a guaranteed predictor of total financial collapse, every piece of gossip is a codephrase for the end times.

Read it, but don't believe all of it. Question it for yourself.
>>
>>1552390

the post-apocalypse gold meme again

>total economic collapse
>supply chains completely dead
>needing to scavendge for food
>travel to new locations when one location becomes devoid of resources
>extremely inefficient because i have 200 pounds of useless metal in my bag

gold has value because we put a value on it. in a true apocalypse scenario, gold is useless. nobody will want it. it's a heavy, weak metal with no practical application.

a bag of seeds would be worth 5000 times more than the gold you hoarded for this very moment.
>>
>>1552458

Congratulations for totally missing the fucking point of my post.

Read this a million times you shitcunt:

>The whole fucking idea of gold is ---->NOT<---- to allow you to buy things in some kind of mad max apocalypse world

>That's the whole fucking idea. Not to lose the value of your cash. See Wiemar Republic.
>>
>>1552467
your post is too long, nobody is going to read it.
It's verbose. Prolix. Pedantic. Discursive.

as is typical of autism.
>>
File: baltic dry index .jpg (207KB, 1556x1119px) Image search: [Google]
baltic dry index .jpg
207KB, 1556x1119px
>>1552355
Zerohedge is a fucking meme. Pic related.

The graph is of the Baltic Dry Index, which models the price of moving goods by sea (in very simple terms). Given its decline, the folks at zero hedge have unironically reported this as international goods trading halted.

To put that in perspective, that would be like using a graph of the price of crude oil in our current price environment and saying that nobody is driving. Their analysis of this price completely takes out the fact that there's a glut in the amount of shipping containers that affects the price and so much more.

There is no more retarded website to get financial advice from than zero hedge, you'd be better off being a fucking normie and watching Jim Cramer.
>>
>>1552467
>society entirely collapses
>"Dude are you retarded this metal is heavy and cumbersome, it will serve no practical value"
>"I know that it's unpractical, which is why whatever crisis that supposedly makes this thing valuable will result in an authority that cares about it!"
>"but if the USD collapses, it would trigger a collapse of additional currencies and most likely a global war"
>"I know this"
>"so you'd have little to no authority left over"
>"right"
>"And only a given segment of the population that even cares about investing in the event of an apocalypse carries gold"
>"yes"
>"And an authority is supposed to pander exclusively to this group, rather than to the normal people who will still account for the majority of people around after this catastrophic event"
>"now you're getting it"

Autism: The post
Just accept you got fucked over by some snake oil salesmen like Peter Schiff who have a bone to pick with the system
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.