[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You think your smart, eh? How would you trade on insider information?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: india-us.jpg (8KB, 525x350px) Image search: [Google]
india-us.jpg
8KB, 525x350px
You think your smart, eh?

How would you trade on insider information?
>>
Hi SEC :^)
Why would anyone ever divulge how to do it with strangers on an an imageboard?
On the other hand you could tell us about the info you know so that it becomes public knowledge and you can trade however you like with no repercussions
>>
>>1552187
Apparently people have tried through their kid's accounts and have been getting caught that way. Fucking retarted.
>>
>>1552198
I don't have anything. I'm curious to the methods people have used in the past.
>>
>>1552201
By not trading large amounts or doing it at the exact right times. You'll never find out about anyone who has been successful because they've never been caught.
If I had insider knowledge and if I wanted to monetise off it I'd sell the info to a third party who wasn't related
>>
>>1552187
* You're. QED
>>
>>1552219
I've heard of methods of getting the insider information and then create research working backwards from that information.
>>
>>1552187
Seeing as how the SEC is watching those marked as qualified securities traders by the US Treasury, I wouldn't.
>>
>>1552363
You guys are no fun.
>>
>>1552200
I'm pretty sure the kid has to disclose that they're related to an insider.
>>
>>1552377
I'm sure it sounds that way, but I filled out (ok I had someone do it for me) a twenty-some page application to the Treasury in order to do it. I'm watched far more than others, so in a nutshell, I have way too much to lose.
>>
>>1552392
Congratulations.

I'm not asking you how did you trade on insider information. I am fascinated by the ways people have tried to.
>>
>>1552392
Let me be more specific considering the top tier autism here.

I am curious of stories of people (unrelated to to yourself in any way) who have tried to trade on insider information and the creative ways they've tried to do it.

Jesus.
>>
>>1552404
Why don't you just google the high profile types who have been convicted?
The stories usually include how they were caught.
In fact there's a case winding its way through the courts now dependent on whether the information passed was given with the expectation of a reward or not.
Fascinating shit.
>>
This is not legal advice and you should not insider trade.

That said, whatever you do, do not use far-out-of-the-money options with short maturities or any other highly leveraged methods. These are the first thing the SEC checks.

Also, leave no trail. I've heard about people eating their tipsheet to destroy evidence.
>>
>>1552187
I work in CF and our compliance is even monitoring the accounts of my gf and parents.
Last year we went to a bar with a view friends from uni (everbody working in different banks) and drunk one guy told that they would have an alayst call next week and good stuff to present.
Another friend bought for 5k call options and made a few k.
Imho that was pretty dumb, big risk for not so much cash. Not worth it if you dont use 6 digits.
>>
>>1552187
Hi, what's it like working investigations for the SEC?

what degree got you where you are now? Did you serve in the military?
>>
>>1552460
Isn't there some type of rule who people working in the brokerage industry or media can only buy into mutual funds and not individual stocks?
>>
>>1552468
It sucks. I have millionaires on their yachts do background checks on me and then try to offer me a job all the time. I got my degree for DeVry in Kneepad management. No military experience.
>>
>>1552472
Kneepads are a pump and dump
>>
>>1552472
damb son. you should quit.
>>
Get elected to Congress
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.