[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should non-US citizens invest in gold in USA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 001trumpdickport12.jpg (86KB, 465x319px) Image search: [Google]
001trumpdickport12.jpg
86KB, 465x319px
So I've been reading for years that the US dollar is going to collapse. The gold obviously holds it's value.
I live in Norway.

I have a couple of questions.
1. Aren't all currencies tied to the us dollar?
2. How will the collapse of the usd currency impact other countries currency? Will the also collapse?
3. Should I buy and store Gold in the US now? How will that investment pan out?
>>
buy bitcoin and POT
>>
>>1552037
Really? I'm new. Why would either be a good investment? POT have been falling since 2011?
>>
File: 1488.jpg (169KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488.jpg
169KB, 900x900px
>>1552035
>So I've been reading for years that the US dollar is going to collapse. The gold obviously holds it's value.
Maybe you should stop reading conspiracy tier shit. The USD is the backbone of the global economy and has no real competitor. China is sitting on a lot of US debt and they want it to maintain its value, Russia is a total mess and the EU is in no position to really counter America any time soon. The notion that international trade is ever going to be conducted in gold again is just a libertarian pipe dream fetish. If you're betting against the USD you're also betting on a total collapse of international commerce and exchange... so you probably wouldn't want to store your gold in a foreign nation where you might not be able to get it back from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monetary_hegemony
>>
>>1552076
Thank you. I'm tired of the amount of top tier autism.
>>
>>1552076
You can't really be this stupid.

I guess Ron Paul is considered a conspiracy theorist..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdI8aD53C3A

No one is saying we're going back on a gold standard, but gold maintains it's value. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>1552076
Although, criticism aside, if you do understand how currencies of other nations are tied to the usd, I would love to understand it.

If you don't actually belive the usd will collapse, then that's fine, but will you entertain the idea at least?
What would actually happen to other nations currency if the usd collapsed?
>>
>>1552081
Ya I would consider Paul a conspiracy theorist, who also has heavy investments in Gold mining company stocks and financially benefits from spreading such ideas

>>1552093
Essentially all international business is conducted in USD and no major player wants to see a collapse happen and they would do everything in their power to prevent it from happening. You would see everything start to go down if the USD collapsed, not just currencies, but you're right if you are really afraid of such a situation physical gold would be your best bet to hedge against it
>>
File: elliot rodger.jpg (58KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
elliot rodger.jpg
58KB, 900x900px
>>1552117
I guess I will have to buy gold here then, even with the high tax. Thanks.
>>
>>1552120
>exchange local currency for world currency
>taxed
Nigger what? Overthrow your government, that's stealing
>>
If the us dollar collapsed, or at least lost a significant amount of value, it's conceivable that their government would.confiscate the gold holdings within the country to prop things up. You'd want your gold in your own country or in your own possession.

The only reason to own physical gold is if you think that the above situation is going to happen. Otherwise invest in a gold etf because you won't have to pay out the ass for.dealer premium.

I would aim for.a gold buy price of 900 usd

He'll, norway is an oil producer. Invest in Norwegian oil stocks when oil hits 25 to 30 dollars again.
>>
>>1552224
Thanks, bro. I appreciate it.
>>
>>1552224
also, getting out of physical gold is extremely difficult and expensive
>>
>>1552938
How so?

That's mostly why I wanted to buy it (physical) and store it with the seller. To sell it back to them for nothing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.