[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: ahmanhattan.jpg (114KB, 938x390px) Image search: [Google]
ahmanhattan.jpg
114KB, 938x390px
/biz/, is the "travel lifestyle" a meme?

I've always wanted to live a lifestyle which is free from the poorfagness of living a dead-end job you hate (e.g. nervous wreck, stress, etc).

It may sound like a fantasy (which is why I'm asking) but how does one go about being able to book a flight and a hotel room and hop from country to country whenever the fuck you feel like it?

Like "fuck it let's go to (________) right now" shit.
>>
I wish I knew but here I am
>>
>>1551935
Not sure. As a wageslave, there are two methods that are known to work - ESL teacher and working on cruise ships. But neither of those offer as much flexibility as you're describing. They do give a lot of flexibility for travel and geoarbitrage, with lots of time off where you're already elsewhere, but the 'fuckit let's go"... I've only ever experienced that when I was unemployed. Cheaper than paying rent, but I've no real idea of how to make a living doing it. If you're not independently wealthy, your best bet might be to get a job where you can work from home, be good at it, then talk to your boss about letting you telecommute full time.
>>
I guess you would need either a bunch of money or a passive income or both. Wagecuck here, and I can't really just go on vacation whenever bcuz not enough vacation time
>>
OP here, from what I've gathered, you'd have to work in a digital field such as SEO, marketing, web/app development and shit like that to be able to live that lifestyle, but most "mentors" or "advice gurus" will teach you nothing but a false dream when they talk about the "new revolutionary way" of getting rich.

Basically the internet is full of scam artists.

They do sell it well, though, I'll give them that but working in any of these fields still sounds to me like being a modern-day car salesman
>>
Just be rich and have zero responsibilities
>>
>>1551968
Dude haven't you learned?
Selling pipe dreams legally is the new way to make money
I do it, and while I'm not filthy rich I can do whatever I want with my time because It's easy as fuck to sell people on shit faggot
>>
>>1551935
its a delusion unless you have money to burn.. a plane ticket abroad costs $1000 or more.

If you dont have the means, youre just deluding yourself. accept the wagecuck fate that awaits you
>>
>>1551974
How do you go about it anon?
>>
>>1551975
Fuck you I won't ever flip burgers for a living outside of college unlike your ass
>>
>>1551978
Save up as much money to live as long as possible without a traditional job
Then find a niche you can market and sell
Preferably a product that isn't even tangible... like myself
Then make a website and some multimedia outlets
Find clients
Deliver said results or product
Profit
>>
>>1551994
Where can I find your stuff?
May sound cliche but I do want to learn
>>
I think your two goals of financial freedom and big time travel are mutually exclusive for many, unless you really make it big.

If you free yourself financially, you'll probably have to have a strict budget which limits you just taking off somewhere at a moment's notice.

So I'd say you should choose which is more important, big time travel or FI.

I'm FI right now and haven't traveled many places in my life. Tried to watch spending carefully.

And I have friends who travel constantly. Not surprisingly, they have a lot of financial stress.

So which one will it be, meng?
>>
>>1552698
How old are you/when did you start pursuing Fi/how did you make it happen?

I met a guy who owned a decent condo in Belgium and rented it and traveled with the proceeds. Seemed pretty nice but I kinda despise rent seekers. He was a trust fund type
>>
>>1551935
It doesnt exist buddy.

Most decent jobs will take 50 hours of your week up and you will have little time for yourself and none if you have a family.

The only gaps ive found is being unemployed with savings. Otherwise your life is run by being a wage cuck
>>
>>1552726
I'm early 40s, I started about ten years ago and I made it happen by investing in real estate and tech stocks
>>
It is an it isn't a meme. There is no reason why you can't work a 60 hour week and still be a global traveler.

At the same time, there is a reason why more people don't do it, and it's not because they're sheep.

After a few months/years, sleeping in hotels/hostels and waking up in a different city every week gets old.

Unless you're a total NEET, pretty much everything that's actually valuable in your life socially is based on proximity. People thought that tech innovation in communication would solve that, but it really doesn't work that way because it takes too much effort to maintain relationships that way.

You're gonna have a lot of very short and relatively vapid friendships living on the road. No roots. No routine. No comfort.

I encourage you to do it for like a year just to see the world and get a different perspective, but once you return, taking a trip or two a year to somewhere new will be enough to wet your whistle.
>>
>>1551935
Just want to mention that all bookings are more expensive when you say "fuck it let's go to (___) right now."

Booking well in advance is much cheaper.

So if you can figure how to make like 15-25K/yr on the interweb and have no family/kids I'm sure you could do it just by booking lots of small flights well in advance and taking advantage of hostels and cheaper accommodations.

This is kinda living life on the edge of the knife tho, because if a flight or other transport falls through you may have to make a last second, more expensive booking, or miss one leg of your pre-planned journey and hop straight to the next booking.
>>
>>1551982
Aw, they weren't hiring?
>>
>>1551935

Absolutely. I can do that now, and so could anyone who works for me, since we're a completely remote dev shop. Devs make good money, but it's still normal wage levels.

You don't need huge bank to travel. You do need huge bank to travel in your private jet and only stay in 5 star joints and rent only luxury cars and all that. But travel itself is reasonably priced.

My business partner and I used to travel quite a bit together and do half days at our leisure from the hotel and spend the rest of the day doing/seeing whatever it was we were there to do/see.
>>
>>1553246
>My business partner and I
That gay stuff isn't legal where I live.
>>
>>1551982
haha so delusional. unless you were born to wealth, your fantasy jetsetter life aint happening. but its ok.. dreams are free ;^)
>>
>>1551935
It's nice not being tied down.

I'm a part time student, but if I have the extra money I enjoy going on trips during breaks in the year.

Summer holidays? Fly to Denmark for 3 months!

Feel like checking out London to see if it truly is filled with Pakis? Sure!

This weekend is Thanksgiving long weekend in Canada, and I'm just going to road trip down to the states, rent a gun and practice target shooting, just because I can.

So I don't spend all my money on travelling, because I don't want to be broke in a new place. It is nice though even when in school that I'm not restricted by money to visit anywhere I want.

Also, London is a shithole outside of the first mile with all the monuments. It's a one and done or don't go at all. The countryside however is beautiful I liked it very much.
>>
>>1553342
hah, nah we just both happen to be into climbing mountains
...and buttsex
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.