[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Part-time Job To Meet People

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: spacy.jpg (72KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
spacy.jpg
72KB, 500x670px
Biz, Help me out.

I have a pretty decent job I am happy with, but the rest of my life sucks dog shit.

I am in my mid-30s single with no friends and terrible social skills.

With the massive amounts of time I have after work, I would like to get a part-time job that will help me out socially, and perhaps talk with co-workers like I used to back in HS. I am ultimately trying to use the extra time I have so I don't become a lonely alcoholic.

I was thinking about sales, but most are in retail, and I don't think that would benefit me too much if it were retail sales like working at a cell phone shop?

Any suggestions?
>>
>>1551269
put it all in cryptocurrencies and retire early
>>
>>1551269
It's too late for you. People your age are to busy on their own bullshit to have you in their life. People younger than you will see you as the creepy old man. You need to get a hobby like biking to meet people at this point.

t. creepy old man
>>
Dude, get a retail job.

Im 36, changed career recently and moved into retail.

Stay away from fast food!
>>
>>1551846
My experience with retail in the past was that you were given a job, and then you'd be by yourself-- not my cup of tea.

Unless you can elaborate on some retail jobs, I am all ears.
>>
>>1551269
my favourite scene of the movie lol
>>
>>1551269
Car salesman, or other big ticket item. No one will mind you slacking off and talking with coworkers, since your pay is mostly commission. This may force you to dress up for it, especially the more luxury the product.
>>
>>1551269
Are you me?

33, stable middle class computer job that has zero social interaction. I moved here for work too, so I don't have a social circle here. Shit sucks.
>>
>>1551846

Why THE FUCK did you get a retail job, especially at 36?
Also, what did you do before that?
>>
>>1551269
Golf courses. Outside bagdrop/caddy or inside counter in proshop. They will hire you if you have a good work ethic. You will meet a lot of people. You get decent tips if you work the bagdrop.

Personal experience. It's what put me through college.
>>
>>1551269

local movie theater?

selling tickets might stick you in a booth alone (unless there's someone else working the line). best spot would be behind the counter, talking/working with others and the customers
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.