[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accounting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: men_accounting.jpg (1MB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
men_accounting.jpg
1MB, 2500x1667px
What can you actually do with accounting knowledge, other than day to day bookkeeping?
>>
>>1550183
Evaluate a business's performance.
Tax.
Audit.
>>
>>1551563

>Evaluate a business's performance.

my sides if you actually believe this
>>
>>1551585
B-but ddm?
>>
File: S5O1HSf.png (39KB, 914x1091px)
S5O1HSf.png
39KB, 914x1091px
Are you better suited to perform a corporate valuation if you have good accounting skills?

What about bankruptcy prediction?
>>
>>1551563
>Tax
I have always seen the accountant's main job as making sure that as little tax gets paid as possible without breaking the law. I dropped out of my accounting program because I thought it was a boring job that I didn't want to do for the rest of my life, but when I was in school the thing that kept me going was knowing that I could work hard to keep the government's filthy hands off the hard earned money of my clients.
>>
>>1551585
We covered a bunch of ratios and shit.
>>
>>1552929
kek if you have ever worked in corp fin you will know that is all bullshit. discount everything by 20%.
>>
>>1552293
You were doing the Lord's work.
>>
>>1550183
I do auditing personally. You learn a shitload of general business stuff digging through all these companys' shit. I could probably run a simple business easily.

Another thing is reading financial statements fluently, which would be good I guess for investing, which I don't do too much research into. But I can tell you a lot of things about a conpany with their conparative BS and IS in front of me.

You could also do freelance work maybe. I have a ton of clients that I do an hours work for and we bill like $500. Kek
>>
>>1551585

Why is that so?
>>
>>1550183
you make sure that the receivables you have are well documented and in a proper manner so the company's lawyer can sue the living fuck out of another person / company once they default on payments
>>
>>1550183

When you get an accounting and CPA you will begin to notice how regular people don't have a clue how anything financial works. Most people don't understand how interest rates work. Most of management couldn't calculate a discounted cash flow to save their life. As an accountant you will be there to make sure people don't do stupid shit that fucks everyone.
>>
>>1553143
How fast could I learn accounting on my own?
>>
>>1553143
>Another thing is reading financial statements fluently, which would be good I guess for investing, which I don't do too much research into. But I can tell you a lot of things about a conpany with their conparative BS and IS in front of me.

Could you give some examples of what conclusions you could draw, other than obvious stuff like last year's profit?
>>
>>1552267
Bankruptcy management is always a good option
Even in golden years companies go bankrupt [spoiler] and it's even better on a crisis scenario [/spoiler]
>>
>>1553369
There are 120h courses here and there. Most of them will get you on track/test your tolerance towards accounting.
In Euro countries you can do them for free if you are unemployed.

>>1554242
>Could you give some examples of what conclusions you could draw
Debt stituation - i.e. long term/short tem strenght, leveraged debt -, you can use the info to calculate ratios, cash flows, percentage of real state capital. If the company has announced expansion/diversification you can somewhat analyse the outcomes/benefits of such decisions based on the current state of the bussiness.
Basically you can read the situation of a company by yourself and, if smart enough, how it has been drafted and what they are trying to show.

Basically these >>1553280 and >>1553319
Make sure everything is how it's supposed to so the company doesn't go down on some petty shit.
>>
Young /accountant/ here

How can I make money out of this degree? Any good free time sidelines I could get?
>>
can they check your criminal record if you are an accountant
>>
>>1554242
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_ratio#Ratios

>>1556031
If you work for the government.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.