[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theranos layoffs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Investing_in_womyn.jpg.jpg (182KB, 848x979px) Image search: [Google]
Investing_in_womyn.jpg.jpg
182KB, 848x979px
>women ever leading anything
Hahahahaha I almost feel bad for all the white knight cucks that thought a woman seriously had discovered some revolutionary blood test

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/10/05/embattled-theranos-founder-announces-company-pivot/91640012/
>>
>>1548687
>Theranos

Women startups are always a hot commodity, whether they are something legit or not.

They get the moolah shoved up their bungholes so fast that It's a miracle there isn't a "raped by money" scandal.

The issue is that with all this gendering and muh 77c on the dollar sexism and gay rights tumblr bullshit, investment companies and governments feel obligated to "diversify" their founder portfolio.

Now while there are some fantastic entrepreneurial minds that are female, the simple matter of the fact is that the prevalence of women to become financial predators is significantly lower than in men, but the "social mood" or the "media mood" is simply not prepared to accept that as true. thus there is a lesser vetting process going on for women in startups than there is for men.

this enables people like her to con investors out of their money, and investors being fine with that.
>>
>>1548687

She sounds like a dude, is fake humble and quite clearly has some latent emotional issues. Suprise
>>
>>1548718
Well said, my guy.

>>1548749
Her double chin and voice trigger the ever living fuck out of me. I didn't even know I could get so mad.
>>
>be female who made c++ compiler and sold it to chinese
>create revolutionary blood testing machine
>become feminist icon
>ends up not being true
>pivot your business into machine you already said you made
>>
>Beta cuck wagie STEM autists laid off

Makes you think
>>
WTF is wrong with her face
>>
Waiting for her VC investors to finally accept she committed fraud and take her to court... This failed saga has gone on for far too long.
>>
File: joe-biden-laughing-vp-debate.jpg (27KB, 650x422px) Image search: [Google]
joe-biden-laughing-vp-debate.jpg
27KB, 650x422px
>>1548862

Well ryan, she's just plain ugly.
>>
>strategic shift
what is the fucking point. their name is lower than dogshit and will be forever. there is no point in continuing this charade.
>>
>>1548687
is she a trap?
>>
>>1548718
You sound like a fella who plays NYSEARCA:WIL
>>
>>1549234
I have thought about shorting this. But giving it more thought my theory is that if a company is in good enough shape to afford to hire a female CEO it's probably a darn strong company.
>>
File: elizabeth-holmes-of-theranos_1.jpg (23KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
elizabeth-holmes-of-theranos_1.jpg
23KB, 325x325px
>>1548886
>Well ryan, she's just plain ugly
I think she's pretty hot but it's irrelevant to business and possibly a bad sign since hotness helps you succeed independent of merit.

>>1548687
>women ever leading anything
The scandal has nothing to do with her being female, she's just a fraud.

There have been plenty of male-run fraudulent startups.

If you ignore any gender issues, it's just a marketing douchebag that pretended to be a tech inventor and pitched some glossy bullshit to investors and then hired some people to invent the shit that they said they already had.

It's the reason why you should have a barely-functional prototype built out of your own pocket before you go for an angel round. She was just a marketing/designer wannabe who figured that a 'concept' was worth real money because MUH CONCEPT.

This has happen many times before, she was just better at it than most. It's impossible to prove but I saw this coming ages ago. I didn't think it would fail because she was female, I thought it would fail because she was too good at speaking marketing and business talk. It was all style over substance. I never trust charismatic leaders.

There's all sorts of red flags.
> her father held “several executive positions” with USAID
Unstated positions...so some middle-level management dressed up as executive.
Her mother was a political staffer.

So her family background is bullshit and politics. Her 'C++ compiler business' was probably just buying ripped DVDs in the market and selling them to a university IT department or something. She lived in China long enough as a teenager to speak good Chinese and so 'studied university level mandarin while in highschool', big deal, 1st year mandarin is really basic, any native speaker would ace it.

All these dressed up claims tells you that there's not much substance.

Never trust a start-up that sounds too professional. Not unless the CEO/glad-hander has actual tech firm experience anyway.
>>
File: memetainer.jpg (15KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
memetainer.jpg
15KB, 540x405px
Her 'nanotainer' is a meme, it's just a small tube with a memetastic pseudoscience name. Half of her company mission reads like it was written by a chiropractor.

>she hates needles
>she is a vegan who drinks:
>"a pulverized concoction of cucumber, parsley, kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, and celery" several times a day
Not that there's anything wrong with being a vegan but it should make you watch out for danger signs that often present alongside veganism. The diet makes her sound like some homoeopathy naturopath which is probably about right.

She only had two years of college, which is what; a liberal arts first year and a real first year of chem eng?
Then she drops out? She might know her way around a lab a bit but there's no way her science or engineering is to a level where she can solve engineering challenges of the sort she's talking about.

She's got some ideas but no way of knowing if they're workable but figures that that's just a problem for geeks once she's got the money to hire some. She gets her neighbour to be the angel investor without any proof-of-concept because of family connections and only after silicon valley all turned her down. He calls more, her father calls his school friends...

>The company hired top designers from places like Apple
More memetastic concept people who can't actually make shit work.

Then she added a few actual living memes to the board (e.g. Kissinger, George P. Shultz) for some credibility.

So, it's a slick business operation and if her idea was any good then she'd be great but because she's charismatic and hot and has the right connections, nobody ever evaluated her idea for practicality. Silicon Valley was right to reject her right at the start because she never had a prototype, a bunch of rich idiots who should have known better bought into all her memes, which is what they're for.

There's no gender issues involved in this, she didn't get any money through traditional startup routes. All family connections.
>>
>>1548718
Mein negger
>>
>>1549348
>I think she's pretty hot

there's definitely something off about her appearance. she SHOULD be attractive, for how she looks, but something in her face gives off the feeling of genetic defects, something you can't quite put your finger on.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.