[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like to be a teacher or accountant ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 17e45982365eafa503358fb0a4a288d8.jpg (115KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
17e45982365eafa503358fb0a4a288d8.jpg
115KB, 1024x768px
Don't really know what to do with my life, but these 2 careers sound doable.

All your answers and advice are welcome.
>>
>>1548302
Teacher...terrible

On the other hand, an accountant... terrible
>>
>>1548302
I am accountant. If I had to do it over again, I would have gotten my forestry degree instead and become a park ranger.
>>
>>1548350
Why do you think that both of these careers are terrible ?
>>
>>1548360
My brothers an accountant and he hates it... and who on earth would want to be a teacher beats me unless handing out kneepads at work
>>
Teacher here (Europe).
Only - and i cannot stress this enough - consider it if you're naturally good with kids.

During my internships i've seen some fellow (then student teachers) get savagely broken down by their classes.

Good times.
>>
>>1548302
You can rape or shoot anyone you want any time it's like being in Westworld I love it
>>
>>1548387
Unfortunately for the teachers we were savage at school and 3 teachers that taught my classes left due to emotional breakdowns, another 2 for physically assualting students and another 2 arrested due to molestation on minors... i cannot see why anyone would be a teacher nowadays... >Inb4 ...Not a black predominant school... uk middleclass white
>>
Being a teacher is awesome.
Until the State or Fed change some rule that further diminishes our ability to teach.
>Arbitrary standards that they only need to parrot, not internalise.
>Don't touch a kid even if they're being the shit out of another because that's rape.
>Don't look at female students too long. See above.
>Students must be referred to by non-gendered pronouns.
>E-Sports is now part of PE.
>History classes are cut and replaced with 30 minutes of trigger warnings.
>Girls show up in uniforms with their assed hanging out of their skirts, call them aside and explain why that's not appropriate a school. Later see viral YT video of same girl telling the world to "stop slut shaming", "Muh body's sovereignty", "Male gaze", "I can wear what I wan' when I wan'".
>Principal telling you your class of 30 will now have three special needs children added. But no teachers aides for you.

It's getting insane the amount of bullwhip we have to follow and it's severely limiting our ability to, I dunno, teach?

Still, when it's good I enjoy it.
>>
>>1548302
If you go into teaching you should try and get into a private school or only teach at nice rich people schools. Teach only AP or IB level classes.

DO NOT TEACH REGULARS

Accounting seems like a safe job, but also very boring. You could try and get you cpa, but I'm sure the job will still be very boring.

You'll make bank though, so maybe it might be so bad.
>>
>>1548302
I'm a teacher
Don't do it. Please don't do it. Just do anything else
>>
Teacher (Finland).
It's good.
If it seems like it's going to get bad, you make it better. Easy as that.
The salary sucks, but being a Finn, one can always get a better paying job abroad. No complains. Fisrst three years can be pretty hectic but it does get better.
>>
educator from the US:

Worked in a "right to work state"-- I have great resentment toward them...lets just say there's a reason why southerners lost the war.

Now moved to work in Unionized state with well behaved students. Best job ever.

union + good kids = best teaching gig
>>
>>1548354
I went to uni for accounting, dropped out in my third year and became an electrician. I would not change a thing.
>>
>>1549604

Which students are the worse and why is the somalis?
>>
>>1548302

> teacher
fucking sucks

> accountant
meh. depends on the firm and where you take your career. Could be great $, but not exactly exciting work.
>>
File: 1413343708457.jpg (16KB, 384x286px) Image search: [Google]
1413343708457.jpg
16KB, 384x286px
I did both (I'm in the US btw)

Teaching:

>has one of the best work-life balances in a career
>it's generally less stressful (unless you're teaching in the inner city)
>the licensing is a piece of cake
>the pay is shit and you don't get any respect from society, parents, or the kids
>hard to get a job these days

Accounting:

>terrible when it comes to work-life balance (prepare to work 60-80 hour long weeks for the rest of your career)
>the CPA licensing is a bitch
>it's pretty stressful all around, especially during busy season
>pay is much, much better than teaching
>easy as fuck to get a job
>society respects you more than a teacher but still sees you as a boring bean-counter and a nerd
>>
>>1551362
>I did both
Did you have to spend 6 years as an undergrad to manage that?
>>
I am majoring in accounting. I like the classes.

I would rather be bored to death than have no secure job opportunities out of college.
>>
>>1551443

I actually did an undergrad in history, taught history, English, and social studies for a while, then decided to go back to school to get a master's in accounting, take the CPA, and switch to accounting.

You don't need to take any special classes or a major in college to be a teacher; you can major in anything and still be a teacher as long as you get the teaching certification from your state after you graduate. It takes about 6-8 months and is a walk in the park.
>>
>>1549574

im a student please dont do it
>>
Former teacher here (UK).

Don't do it. You remember that piece of shit, cunt teacher you had in high school?

He wasn't always like that. The job made him like that. Teaching sucks, don't do it. I'm on a phone but if the thread is alive I'll elaborate later.
>>
Id like to add on, whats a decent job if for some reason you don't need money.
A para professional. A helper in the class. I work in NYC, as one. your pay caps out fast at like 40k if you have a bachelors degree and a years experience.
Goes up at like 2% a year or so.
Same health benifits
Same pension plan
Do not have to deal with a whole class usually
Do not have to create any work out side of work. At the end of the day you done, no fucking around thinking about plans and goals.
BUT
clearly much less pay
You WILL have to deal with the same shity kids likely on a 1 to 1 basis with some of the worst behaved kids or just kids with disabilities. Like some one said it helps if you're naturally good with children.
Some people that I started with have gotten sour over the years i've worked with them.
I seen adults cry 3 times a week and quit after a year. Some doing an absolute shity job and still keep their jobs.

But you get the same vacations.
No stress job
Really shit pay if you have any ambitions this is not a long term job for you. Great job to see if youd like to become a teacher. I've had this job since I was 19 (23 now). Going back to school, and thinking i'll double major in accounting or finance and some thing else. Working for the department of education in NYC pays 6 credits a semester.
And you will have connections to get hired if teaching is for you, as well as experience.

Also can be pretty easy gig if your coworkers are awesome and administration aren't assholes. Overall I love my job, shit pay. But I have all holidays off, summer, winter, and fall breaks. Officially you work 180 days a year.

But I do live with my parents, hence why i can afford to do this job and still live in NYC.
But great buffer job. I plan on keeping it till I work at least 10 years and my pension is in place. So if I fuck up in life I know I have a pension in place on top of social security. even if it only covers gas it will still be something.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.