[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Third interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Big-four-logos.jpg (107KB, 576x401px) Image search: [Google]
Big-four-logos.jpg
107KB, 576x401px
I've been invited to a third interview for a big four company. I've already done the assessment test, talked to an hr-guy, talked to the office manager and now they want me to talk to someone from the head office. What should I expect, /biz/? How should I prepare? It's an audit position.
>>
enjoy corporate hell
>>
>>1548208
Cereceres??
>>
CPA in public accountant who went through the whole process before:

you should expect an offer. The managing partner of the office doesnt want to meet every shlub they are interviewing, he wants to meet the new hire. You already did a great job in the other interviews, this is just meeting the managing partner of the office and he will hand you the offer letter assuming you dont sperg out in your meeting.

Everything is going your way anon. Congrats.

Are you going tax or audit?

I was offered a tax position with Deloitte in Pittsburgh, but decided I didnt want to live in Pittsburgh and took a job in the Carolinas instead. No regrets, the Carolinas are awesome.
>>
Accountingfag, should I bother with big 4? If I don't get the job I just interviewed for I was thinking of applying to the big 4, but man I hear it's shit like says >>1548215

3 fucking interviews, what bullshit.
>>
>>1548240
if you are scared of three interviews, you are not a right fit for the big 4. You work your ass off for the big 4, lots and lots of hours for a salaried position that doesnt pay overtime. BUT... after a few years you can either progress within the firm OR move on to a career elsewhere.

The three interviews is just to get in the door. If you cant handle that.... just do something else.
>>
>>1548269

That sounds pretty shitty. What's the appeal?
>>
>>1548271

Prestige, bragging rights, and (more substantially) networking opportunities.

Not worth it... go work for state or federal government instead.
>>
Good luck OP. Like >>1548228 said you most likely have the job, just be personable and professional. I just got a summer internship at a mid-size and am stoked!
>>
>>1548228
Here's the thing tho, if they already had made up their minds then why would they want another interview?
>>
>>1549519
It's just for the top dog to sus out if he can get along with the personality.

OP has been decided by HR to have the appropriate skills, experience and what else and the top dog that OP will be working under just needs to know he doesnt hate the cunt.
>>
>>1548208
Guys, this will sound a faggy.

I'm a first year EE+Finance student, what kind of grades will I need to get in order to get internships at Banks, IB's or big4.

Thanks for your help.

Same question for tech giants for the EE stuff.
>>
>>1549638
From my experience (IB):

>Hard cutoff around 75%.
If you aren't getting above 75% and don't know someone in the firm who can guarantee you an interview, don't get your hopes up.

>90% and above
Guaranteed interview, this is exceptional enough to be a point of difference.

>Between 80 and 90%
This is most people who are considered for an interview at bulge bracket IB. You will not differentiate yourself with grades at this level, they just don't disqualify you. Focus on things that will differentiate yourself, like your market/deal knowledge, valuation experience (past internships, competitions), leadership/teamwork opportunities (clubs!).

Big 4 and boutique IB is a level below bulge-bracket (think Goldman Sachs, UBS), so for them you can probably lower all of 'tiers' by 5-10%. Keep in mind that it's incredibly rare to get bulge-bracket interviews in your 2nd yr, let alone 1st, you have to be seriously outstanding. A lot of people who end up getting bulge-bracket grad offers cut their teeth at boutiques or the corporate advisory wing at Big 4.

Good luck
>>
>>1549684
Right okay, thanks for your help.

I've already got internship experience at an accounting firm (nepotism) and I've written code that solved a problem for that firm in java and then converted in to a website for them to use ( i own the website, I wrote the code in my own time at home during the internship)

If I keep making code like this that involves solving math problems and keep adding it to my website will I be improving my chances of getting a job or would I be wasting my time.

Any other kind of direct extra curricular I can do to set me apart?

I really want to get in to this high tier finance internship shit ASAP. I feel bored at uni oppose to my accounting internship where I felt like I was doing stuff.
>>
>>1549693
What did you do at the accounting firm? If you had any chance to work in a team that's fantastic; any real life example (ie not a school assignment) you can point to where you collaborated with a diverse group and achieved a real outcome, that's a great asset in an interview. If you actually did any accounting work, that's perfect; basic accounting is big part of valuations and you'll almost certainly be quizzed about the financial statements in a technical interview.

Having coding as a skill isn't going to impress anyone in IB. It's not relevant to the job, you're better off mastering Excel.
However, if you built something that you could turn into a business, that's really impressive.

In terms of extra-curriculars, you want to show initiative, teamwork, passion, drive.
>Industry sponsored finance competitions are far and away the best thing you can do, you'll learn more than you would in class and your involvement shows all the desired traits. If you're at a target school, you can find these through the relevant clubs and business school.
>Manage your own portfolio. Shows a passion and interest in the market.
>Sports. Shows that you're social, have interests outside of class, that you're someone people could bare working long hours with.
>Volunteering. Any non-profit/pro-bono work you do is fantastic.
Club involvement is great too, show up to all the events at any finance-related clubs, get to know people and hopefully you can get on the executive.

There are a lot of things you can do; it's great that you want to be doing more at uni, load up your plate with as much as you can.
>>
>>1549733
>What did you do at the accounting firm?
Nepotism
Don't be a retard
That's it

>>1549733
>If you had any chance to work in a team that's fantastic
I wasn't in an accounting team, I did what seemed like HR analysis of the teams like analysing data and seeing if they are meeting x quoatas, how quick are they to contact clients.

>>1549733
>If you actually did any accounting work
The closest thing to actual accounting I did was looking at their clients and playing around with formulas in excel to sus out if they are overpaying x or underpaying y and give the list back with all the people that should be told to move their money around.

I will go back in the summer break and see if they move me up a notch. I doubt they will let me do any actual accounting.

I appreciate your advice very much. I don't go to a real target school, it's a good school just not target school.

I also fixed a semi-broken fund model in excel
>>
>>1549745
>>1549745
>>What did you do at the accounting firm?
>Nepotism
>Don't be a retard
>That's it

I read that as >what did you do to get in to the accounting firm

Read 2nd answer for answer to questin
>>
do uni grades really matter in the US?
>>
>>1549754
yes.

I interview college students for potential positions here at our public accounting firm.

below 3.5, no chance for an interview.
>>
>>1548221
Yo who is this? Tell your boss I expect that fucking job without having to interview over and over forever christ
>>
>>1549789
>below 3.5, no chance for an interview.

>mfw 3.2

Eat my cock. Alright m8 I'm just gonna go for the smaller-firm jobs or para-accounting. Sounds like big biz is a load of horseshit anyway.
>>
>>1549903
I work for a regional firm, below a 3.5, no chance for an interview.

below a 3.5, you are relegated to working for the state or small business as a bookkeeper.

if you want to be in public accounting, you need to show some effort.

I graduated with a 3.75. so I can tell you its not impossible.
>>
>>1548228
>>1549633

OP here. I don't think I explained the situation properly. I have already met the boss I will be working with.
First I had an interview with an HR-guy who looked at my CV, made me do a test, discussed competencies and so on. Then I met the office manager (I guess to see if he could work with me).

Now they want me in for a third interview (with someone I don't think will not be working with), at the head office. The head office is located in the capital in my country (I'm applying to an office in a smaller town). Can someone explain what this interview is about?
>>
>>1550276
Managing Partner isn't your Manager who you've already met.

Which country?
>>
>>1550337
Norway
>>
>>1549789
wow do you interview at any target schools at all?

my schools has a top 10 accounting program and I know a ton of people with job offers / internships form b4 and other firms with less than 3.5 gpa
>>
>>1550443
forgive the shitty grammar lel it's 2am where I am now (I go to school in the US though)
>>
>>1550443
>a top 10 accounting program

Out of curiosity, what makes an accounting program really good? I've always had the idea that accounting is basically learning some work methods and rules, and once you know those hard skills you're game. What is a top tier accounting degree?
>>
>>1548208
>endless interviews

Why do companies do this?

Three for an accountant, I understand, but companies like Facebook and Google do 6+ rounds of interviews.

You'd think they'd be able to refine and streamline the hiring process with their hundreds of billions of dollars cash pile.
>>
>>1550467
honestly no idea, I've only taken 3 accounting courses and since I haven't taken them any where else besides my school I have no comparison

that's probably a question better suited to the guy who is a recruiter at an accounting firm
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.