[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cope with trading loses? I feel like hanging myself 2bh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1310067287005.png (113KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1310067287005.png
113KB, 399x388px
How do you cope with trading loses?

I feel like hanging myself 2bh
>>
>>1547821
Wins.
It's that simple.
>>
>>1547821
win more than you lose

my last 5 trade summaries

>lost 250
>gained 1300
>lost 610
>gained 2500
>gained 70

i felt bad for every loss but in the end im ahead
>>
>>1547844
trading what? I turned 500 usd in 900 trading shitcoins last week

Just few days so I'm pretty satisfied, it's stressful though because you could just lose everything and feel like a sodomized chimp
>>
>>1547821
I should take out my nxt and get some gains with pot.
>>
learn from your losses. if you don't understand what happened, then you're not gonna progress.

right down your wins and your losses. and keep tabs on what percent you win and what you lose and how big the wins are and how big the losses are.
>>
>>1547821
try r9k
>>
>>1548481
This, learn from losses.

This means you should ask yourself why you went in, and why you left

Every. Single. Trade.

Day trading is for memers, at the absolute lowest only hold on average a week or two, and always prepare for losses.

I prefer to trade on news such as new jobs report or xyz university now working with company. But I leave when technical analysis says so.
>>
File: 1367401614_Throwing-Money.jpg (153KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
1367401614_Throwing-Money.jpg
153KB, 425x282px
>>1547821

Don't care, my friend, for my speculations are subsidised by the governments of various countries :^)

Well I do care, because it stifles my growth, but I don't ever lose leverage.

I should probably disclaim that I'm not a "trader", but an investment manager.
>>
Try to learn something dickhead
>>
trading losses dont even affect me, since i know they will bounce back
>>
>>1547821
I've lost 20,000 dollars in NBGGY.

The losses hurt but you gotta learn how to not be reckless and you will eventually earn that money back.
There are no free lessons.
>>
1k in jnug the past 72 hours

it's me, I'm the red or black retard flipping leveraged etfs

on the bright side i'll probably make it back and more if I short dust at the right time after the dip tomorrow and go in on jnug
>>
File: LongCat.jpg (70KB, 331x598px) Image search: [Google]
LongCat.jpg
70KB, 331x598px
>>1547821
What did you invest in, OP? And how big are your losses OP?
>>
You guys make me feel better for losing just a small amount
>>
>>1547821
lost $10k just yesterday, I don't anymore, I just move on because I don't have time to think about it.
I don't celebrate either anymore when I make $20-30k. Things move way to fast to cope/think about things.
>>
>>1548638
>i know they will bounce back
>they will bounce back
>oh please god tell me they will bounce back
>>
>>1548816
gotta learn the art of bagholding when youre investing. you will inevitably come across such situations
>>
>>1548452
>selling at the low point
>buying after a recent 100% pump

idk /biz/
>>
>>1548708
I lost over 2k this past month on gold stocks. I cope by knowing some rich fags lost millions.
>>
>>1548848
Bagholding is for retards.
CUT YOUR FUCKING LOSSES
>>
>>1548918
this, its one of the first things you learn no matter if you trade at a bank, prop firm or fund. its pretty simple, if you cant cut your losses they cut your job. the reason for this is that while hanging on hoping something comes back works often, they time it doesnt work you will lose big or blow up. so basically if you never cut your losses its only a matter of time until you blow up.

as for dealing with losses, you learn to handle it over time and you do your best to learn from your mistakes. its like anything you thought was uncomfortable at first, but as you do it more and more it starts having less and less of an impact on you. ive had thousands of losing trades in my career, and i still fucking hate losing but you learn to deal with it over time because you have to.
>>
>>1548509
This is the best advice you will get here.

Day trading is just gambling. It can pay off, but unless you are both parts luck and skilled at it you will likely lose.

If I can add some personal pointers to this
1. Keep a steady hand when you trade. Don't knee jerk
2. Every stock you hear mentioned, do extensive research on.
3. If your gut says get out, get out. Even if it loses you a moon trip, you were likely going to overreact to a dip and pull anyways.
>>
I lost 20k in 3 months. Now im just waiting for things to recover.

I will not admit defeat.
>>
>>1548953
that's cute.

keep us posted.
>>
>>1547821
It really doesn't affect me that much. Sometimes things go up. Sometimes they go down. C'est la vie.

I really don't understand why people on /biz/ get bent out of shape about fluctuations though. I have >$250k invested (not much in the grand scheme of things, but big for this board) and my stock market gains and losses are still chump change compared to my normal salary. You have to be doing some retardedly risky stuff to lose a significant amount of money.
>>
>>1548684

lost about $4000 on MGT
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.