[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have £30k in the bank just after graduating university due

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

I have £30k in the bank just after graduating university due to an inheritance. It's sat in a saving account doing jack getting fuck all interest (I literally get £5 a month from interest). I'd want to use to it to put towards buying a flat in the next couple years but i need to get a half decent salary to afford a mortgage. Until then is there anything I can do with it that gets a better return?
>>
Help out the Nigerian Prince Akeem, you'll be worth millions once he gets out
>>
File: 58741045.jpg (10KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
58741045.jpg
10KB, 267x400px
Can you buy real state in your area with this money? If yes, learn that: "Don't wait to buy real state, buy real state and wait".
If you can not, then try investing in good stocks such as Tesla and Santander, or cryptocurrencies (believe or not, it's not a meme), if you want security to your money, bitcoin will give you at least 20% profit in 1 year (but probably will give you a return of 40 up to 75% in a year). Or gold, gold will give you from 10 up to 30% in 1 year (real gold, not gold stocks)
And if you want more profit than that, you can either invest in promising coins such as Ripple or start a business.
Also learn that rule: More profits=more risks.
>>
File: 1469469150552-0.jpg (24KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1469469150552-0.jpg
24KB, 255x255px
>>1547433
Here is what you asked for.
>>
>>1547440
>invest in ripple

Only if you want to have no money

Buy potcoin or Ethereum
>>
>>1547440
>"Don't wait to buy real state, buy real state and wait".

that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard
>>
File: 1469461281278.gif (2MB, 234x206px) Image search: [Google]
1469461281278.gif
2MB, 234x206px
>>1547453
>pot
>ethereum
I shall not talk to you, have a nice day, scammer.

>>1547458
Share your ideas about that with us, but i am sure you are mistaken if you don't live in ISIS occupied ground.
>>
>>1547440
>Santander

lol
>>
>>1547440
>Santander
Spaniard here, don't
>>
>>1547468
>not buying POT
>missing out on huge gainz

kys kid
>>
put it in a CD
>>
>>1547903
Santander is just an exemple, banks are good to bet on them.
>>1547920
Not even close and my spanish sucks.
>>1547923
It's going to 0.00000400 BTC before tomorrow.
>>
>>1547440
>Gold

Nigga I am in love with gold but the whole point of the stuff is that it looks ultra fine and can't be printed.
OP clearly said he wants more interest, not that he wanted to speculate in commodities. XAUUSD was bleeding for a half-decade until just this winter, when it lowed a little below $1100/ozt.

Don't buy gold unless you love it or are considering long-term savings.
>>
>>1547994
>Don't buy gold unless you love it or are considering long-term savings.
But i was considering long-term saving.
>>
You want capital protection first and foremost. That means no equities or bonds.

I would recommend a bank savings account with a fixed term of 1 year. Roll it over if you don't need to use it. There are interest penalties for early withdrawal but your money will be safe.

Find the best rates on moneysavingexpert.com

t. qualified financial advisor
>>
>>1547925
and make 600 dollars a year? wow so effective
>>
>>1548030
You recommend a bank account for £30k? Why?
>>
>>1548067
Because the guy wants to buy a house in 2 years you dumb fuck.
>>
>>1548067
I'm curious, too.

£30,000 compounding at prevailing rates for two whole years cannot be terribly exciting. Factor in 0.5-2.0% inflation and real rates look rather depressing.
>>
>>1548117
There is more to investing than gambling precious capital to get exciting returns.

Let's imagine anon dumps £30k into bitcoin and Tesla shares because /biz/ told him to.

Two years later the stock market crashes and there is a recession. Nobody can afford to buy drugs with bitcoin, so there's no demand, thus price plummets.

Anon's £30k is now worth £15k. Not only has he lost £15k by taking unnecessary risk, he now has to pay a higher interest rate on the mortgage because he has a lower deposit %.

Maybe he doesn't have enough deposit to get the mortgage at all. So not only does he not get the dream house he wanted to buy, he has missed out on the potential returns investing in property would provide.

Everyone has different goals. In this scenario, making speculative investments would not help anon to buy a house.

This concludes your 20 minutes free financial advice. If you have questions, use Google.
>>
buy BSM Bass Metals, thank me in one two years, DYOR, but believe me ...
>>
>>1548140
>There is more to investing than gambling precious capital to get exciting returns.

This is obvious.

What is hard to understand is how retail investors can make real returns (single digit APRs), not exciting ones, with instruments and risk they can actually comprehend.

>Bitcoin and Tesla, £30,000 to £15,000

Speculative assets should be regarded as if they're already lost. Shits and giggles. Cheap thrills. Anyone foolish enough to commit their whole inheritance to assets like these doesn't deserve it. However, seeing as you dispense financial advice, I'm sure you've encountered people trying to withdraw their 401Ks to speculate in nascent artists

>Everyone has different goals.

Except OP was rather vague. He gave no information about his current or expected income, contributions, or credit, so we can't really help much. Recommending to protect OP's capital was a proper if instinctive choice.

All we really have is £30,000, two years, the UK property market, and an interest rate that will not be missed. That's already a large enough principal to buy something, but we don't even know how much debt is desirable for OP or how many fucking bedrooms he's looking for because this is goddamn /biz/.

So we're pretty much stuck talking about how to make 30,000 become a larger number. I wish I could find an interest rate worth talking about from reputable, storied borrowers, but even corporate debt is being underwritten at nominally negative interest rates these days.

What is your secret to making 5% responsibly, oh wise one?
>>
>>1548140
>Anon's £30k is now worth £15k. Not only has he lost £15k by taking unnecessary risk, he now has to pay a higher interest rate on the mortgage because he has a lower deposit %.

But if he rented and invested that money in a decent index tracker like IBB, chances are that after a crash he'd do better per annum than the capital appreciation of house prices in an already inflated property market.

Did you not catch the memo about expanding the housing supply in order bring property prices down? We've had a shortage for decades. At some point, we'll have to actually expand supply dramatically to shore up the pension ponzi, there's no other way to keep Britain's economy afloat.

"Investing" in property now is an absolute fucking meme. The baby boomers have been all over that shit for years until the yields have been crippled, especially as nobody is getting interest.

George Osborne's new Buy to Let tax rules are also filtering through the system and dampening price appreciation.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.